Keeper?

gopher72

Liked Posts:
Alright Hawks fans, you've had 6 games to see the young colts in action. Excepting the obvious vets (Kane, Keith, Cat, Koob, Shaw, Zhadorov), who have u seen so far that you would keep and build a team on?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lankinen is about it--but even then with hesitation. He's doing the right things and his poise looks good, but we got to give the rest of the league time to make a book on him, and then he's got to adapt and overcome the book made on him before we can be definitive.

He could be a Crawford...or he could be a Neimi.

gopher72

Liked Posts:
Wow...dismal outlook that just 1 guy might be good enough to play at the NHL level. Things are a lot worse than even this blog has previously suggested. Hope whomever is a poor judge of talent.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Wow...dismal outlook that just 1 guy might be good enough to play at the NHL level. Things are a lot worse than even this blog has previously suggested. Hope whomever is a poor judge of talent.
It’s to early to make an assessment, and with this coaching staff, development will be an issue. JC and company can’t coach there way out of wet paper bag. I want to have a positive outlook but honestly things are very bleak right now. Give it time, maybe someone will rise from the ashes.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Hagel can be a good 4th liner ,23 maybe 3rd liner , along with PS but its 6 games talk after 30-35

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's pretty early...some of these guys are like 10 total career games. Are there franchise cornerstones? Of course not, but we knew that. I like Lankinen so far, and I think Mitchell has started to look more comfortable with each game.

greg23

Liked Posts:
1 point out of 1st

Cup contenders!!!!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Lankinen is about it--but even then with hesitation. He's doing the right things and his poise looks good, but we got to give the rest of the league time to make a book on him, and then he's got to adapt and overcome the book made on him before we can be definitive.

He could be a Crawford...or he could be a Neimi.
Could be, but I don't think you build a team around a goalie on a bit of a hot streak, as much as I love Scott Darling look what happen to him after her left.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Just because they can play at the NHL level doesn't mean anyone on the team playing right now is someone you want to build a team around. Dach is maybe the only one under consideration, and he's injured.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It’s to early to make an assessment, and with this coaching staff, development will be an issue. JC and company can’t coach there way out of wet paper bag. I want to have a positive outlook but honestly things are very bleak right now. Give it time, maybe someone will rise from the ashes.
A few of the kids look okay but I share your concern about the staff's ability to develop and teach. Dach was the lone kid who seemed to develop but is it a coincidence that most of his development came between the stoppage in play and the start of the bubble.........the four months he was AWAY from the staff.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Well.....

I like Kurashevs backchecking, it's effortless and he strips pucks

Suter is always moving and goes right to the crease

Mitchell is a horrible skater and most of the time falls on the ice at least twice a game

Carlsson is as steady as it gets

Bustvist isn't ready for the NHL

Lankinen would be better if he had a defense in front of him that could push bodies around

Part of me wants this team to succeed just to throw a wrench in Stan's vapid attempt at tanking, nor do I have any faith in scouting to actually take the right player outside of a top three pick.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Well.....

I like Kurashevs backchecking, it's effortless and he strips pucks

Suter is always moving and goes right to the crease

Mitchell is a horrible skater and most of the time falls on the ice at least twice a game

Carlsson is as steady as it gets

Bustvist isn't ready for the NHL

Lankinen would be better if he had a defense in front of him that could push bodies around

Part of me wants this team to succeed just to throw a wrench in Stan's vapid attempt at tanking, nor do I have any faith in scouting to actually take the right player outside of a top three pick.
I like your assessment but I will disagree with your take on Mitchell, yes I agree he falls a lot, but it’s not because he is a bad skater. Skating was actually one of his strong attributes, I see your concern, hopefully he can learn to stay on his own 2 skates for an entire game.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like your assessment but I will disagree with your take on Mitchell, yes I agree he falls a lot, but it’s not because he is a bad skater. Skating was actually one of his strong attributes, I see your concern, hopefully he can learn to stay on his own 2 skates for an entire game.
Learning to keep your feet when you go up a level in strength and speed is always a process. Dach was the same last year.

I see alot of guys to keep, but we just keep lacking certain elements. Zadorov and Janmark and Dach are a good start. I have seen the Avs got two from Saad, but in reality with Calvert out they are really missing Zadorov's presence physically, and have gone too small. They look like the old Hawks except that their top line are all monsters and the scariest line in hockey.

I was so intrigued I looked closer at their situation as to why they would cast off Zadorov, and I can see they really are having big regrets. Ryan Graves is in the doghouse without him, but thats the guy they had to choose between and they chose wrong.

For them it was Graves 6'5 220 or Zadorov 6'5" 235 and they got a good price on Graves but even still he has been a disappointment and they are regretting that decision despite Saad's 2 goals the other day, typical for him in a blowout.

I can't believe they found a way to fuck up that team but they did(depending on Kucherov available for playoffs, I got the Vegas Knights winning a cup in front of Lehnar for 2021).

Mitchell, Caarlson, Zadorov, Dach, Kampf(I fear his loss to Seattle), Suter, Murphy, Kubalik, Kurashev, Cat, Strome, Hagel are all playing like they deserve to stay if possible.

I hate what Cat does to line formations for this team personally, I would have traded him 2 years ago. I'm not sure you should have a Cat and a Kane, its too much to protect when you have no protectors. I'm fine with it sometimes. Just a constant consternation and might be JC's fault, not Cat. Probably thats right. Cat was fine before JC.

Last edited:

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Could be, but I don't think you build a team around a goalie on a bit of a hot streak, as much as I love Scott Darling look what happen to him after her left.
Hence the, "with hesitation" my good sir. ?