Trades need to happen

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont think williams is a stretch 4 by any means and I think he is closer to Kwahi in 2-3 years then lebron or the freak. I just think because hes an athletic freak himself you can get away playing him at the 4 especially in two years when hes a lot stronger

Williams jump or jump back after jumping initially and then firing off again is comprable to zion. zion has him beat and can jump higher but as far as springs go and the time to re-fire i think its comprable which is why defensively im fine with him at the 4 vs a good 4 and fine at the 3 vs a good wing.
Ahhh...nice comparison. Kwahi body type. Thats what I was looking for, or you might even say Dennis Rodman. I'll even say David Robinson at times though because of his muscle tissue gifting, which is why I think he might transition more to a 4 than Lebron or Kwahi. Not that Lebron couldn't have been a 4 any time he wanted to, or doesn't obviously play long stretches as a point 4 in reality, but he doesn't like banging with those guys that much because it takes away from his offense and piles up on his body over a season.

I'm overjoyed to hear that zion comparison on the re-firing, a trait that Rodman and Barkley had. Most of the greats also possess supreme intelligences of some kind. Basketball IQ is a bit weird. I'd about guarantee I had the highest IQ on my college basketball team as tested by problem solving, blocks, and repetition and symbols, but the reverse was true in applied routines and nuanced movements in real time. Effectively, my basketball IQ was the lowest. I could have studied diagrams and memorized what to do and been the best on paper, but getting beyond thinking to reacting and flowing was hard for me. My gears jammed, I lost confidence, and then my shot with that. Tried to model myself after Rodman while in a 2 for 100 slump....lol...I might have gotten the yips even like Fultz.

A year later I was raining threes again from 30 feet, but my career was over.

Anyway, re-firing is one of the best traits to have and rare with that length. Rodman, the Admiral, Randle, Lebron, Zion.

He does have the muscle gifting, imo, to belong in that group and so does Rodman, was kinda his secret. He was like a he-man that was on drugs and strung out so he just looked like Skeletor.

I suspect his daughter will show us a bit of what his genetics can do if you take care of yourself for USWNT. I hope she is part of winning another Gold or World Cup for us.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kareem, Magic, Bird, Jordan, Kobe, Lebron, Curry....

some are more complete than others(Kareem) but all have special intelligences. Williams would do well to develop his mind as much as his body, that ends up being the final hurdle to greatness and ultimately, championships.

Master Debater

Liked Posts:
So we are going to trade Lavine for mpj whomst is a worse player...that makes sense...

It makes sense because like it or not ZL will never be a batman and without a batman you arent going anywhere but to a playoff exit. MPJ and a pick is the value of ZL. ZL isnt James Harden you arent getting 3 picks and 3 pick swaps for him unless you are trading him to the Lakers and then you are better off getting MPJ and a first rounder cause those Laker 1sts will never be swapped and will be in the late 20s at best.

Like it or not this team is still in a rebuild until they develop a batman or sign one. Their ceiling will cap off at being a playoff team not a title contending team without one.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It makes sense because like it or not ZL will never be a batman and without a batman you arent going anywhere but to a playoff exit. MPJ and a pick is the value of ZL. ZL isnt James Harden you arent getting 3 picks and 3 pick swaps for him unless you are trading him to the Lakers and then you are better off getting MPJ and a first rounder cause those Laker 1sts will never be swapped and will be in the late 20s at best.

Like it or not this team is still in a rebuild until they develop a batman or sign one. Their ceiling will cap off at being a playoff team not a title contending team without one.

so you’re of the opinion that until you get a Batman, there’s no point to trying to build a competitive roster. That’s asinine. You’ll never attract a FA Batman type if you always have a roster in rebuild mode.

Master Debater

Liked Posts:
so you’re of the opinion that until you get a Batman, there’s no point to trying to build a competitive roster. That’s asinine. You’ll never attract a FA Batman type if you always have a roster in rebuild mode.

Maybe this artic ass city isnt a destination city? You ever wonder why there has never been no batman before or after jordan in Chicago? Maybe its why Detroit isnt a destination city, maybe its why minnesota isnt a destination.

So how do you draft one? By having as many darts as possible the odds of you finding one that way are slim but still better than drafting in the mid teens to mid 20s every year.

menacemanic

Liked Posts:
Maybe this artic ass city isnt a destination city? You ever wonder why there has never been no batman before or after jordan in Chicago? Maybe its why Detroit isnt a destination city, maybe its why minnesota isnt a destination.

So how do you draft one? By having as many darts as possible the odds of you finding one that way are slim but still better than drafting in the mid teens to mid 20s every year.

the bulls never had a real shot to get any mega stars after Jordan...Leborn already made up his mind to run to the heat and the decision was a sham

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

lmao so now you’re going to say that Chicago is never going to attract a FA star because nobody wants to be cold? I guess Kylie, Durant, and harden are ready to bolt Brooklyn cuz it’s too cold?

I guess jayson Tatum doesn’t want to stay in Boston cuz it’s too cold...yet, he signed a 5 year extension instead of hitting FA to go play somewhere warm

you do realize they play basketball indoors, right? And a lot of guys don’t live where they play ball in the off-season anyways. But sure, the bulls will never get a star FA cuz it’s too cold.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The more I've been thinking the more I agree with knox.

The way we might attract batman is by putting the light on, and that means Williams develops fast, you keep Lavine,

And yes...its a fucking travesty we don't have a point guard for Lauri.

If we could get a decent discount on Lauri, extend. I think there is some value there on his second contract, but you gotta get a guy his size a couple easy buckets per.

But Lavine might be more important. It gives a free agent the idea that heh...I could pair up with Lavine on their deep roster and we might make some noise in Chicago again.

If the bulls were successful their leader would be famous.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Perhaps some number of years ago I would've maybe thought that the cold weather argument had some weight, but really, there's more substance to those Southern states having no income tax than it being a weather thing. Half the league comes from cold weather areas and most of them live somewhere else in the offseason anyway.

That said there's kind of 2 routes to go in rebuilding this team: 1) market yourself as an up and coming team that is a batman to Lavine's robin away from making noise, or 2) tank endlessly until you draft your own batman

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Perhaps some number of years ago I would've maybe thought that the cold weather argument had some weight, but really, there's more substance to those Southern states having no income tax than it being a weather thing. Half the league comes from cold weather areas and most of them live somewhere else in the offseason anyway.

That said there's kind of 2 routes to go in rebuilding this team: 1) market yourself as an up and coming team that is a batman to Lavine's robin away from making noise, or 2) tank endlessly until you draft your own batman

And technically we can try to get Lauri at a decent price or trade for something, and decide on Lavine next year.

So play both hands until you are forced to decide type of thing. If we get blown away by an offer for Lavine from a team that thinks they are an 18-25ppg scoring guard away...done.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And technically we can try to get Lauri at a decent price or trade for something, and decide on Lavine next year.

So play both hands until you are forced to decide type of thing. If we get blown away by an offer for Lavine from a team that thinks they are an 18-25ppg scoring guard away...done.
Yeah of course, if some no brainer trade presents itself, you go for it. I'm highly doubtful such a thing happens, so really the only course to go is one of those.

Master Debater

Liked Posts:
lmao so now you’re going to say that Chicago is never going to attract a FA star because nobody wants to be cold? I guess Kylie, Durant, and harden are ready to bolt Brooklyn cuz it’s too cold? --- I knew you were going to play this card before you typed it out, just wanted to give you the joy of hanging yourself on this one. Having grown up in the midwest and lived many years on the east coast there is no comparison or equal between the two. Try again. It doesn't stay -10 for a month straight on the east coast.

I guess jayson Tatum doesn’t want to stay in Boston cuz it’s too cold...yet, he signed a 5 year extension instead of hitting FA to go play somewhere warm

you do realize they play basketball indoors, right? And a lot of guys don’t live where they play ball in the off-season anyways. But sure, the bulls will never get a star FA cuz it’s too cold.

You can argue all you want and until you turn blue in face but all you factually have is a hope and a dream, you have no facts to go with your ideas. You have a wish and a prayer, nothing wrong with that but stop operating in an alternate reality when talking about sports and anything else.

And if you didn't know before the Harden story broke. Players don't sit at home playing video games and watching tape on their off days. They go out and about, sometimes across the country if they get multiple days off in a row.

Maybe AK can get it done maybe he cant but until he does it, fact remains no superstars have came running to chicago before or after Jordan and the only "Batman" we had since Jordan was Rose before the injuries and we got him with the first pick of the draft.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You can argue all you want and until you turn blue in face but all you factually have is a hope and a dream, you have no facts to go with your ideas. You have a wish and a prayer, nothing wrong with that but stop operating in an alternate reality when talking about sports and anything else.

And if you didn't know before the Harden story broke. Players don't sit at home playing video games and watching tape on their off days. They go out and about, sometimes across the country if they get multiple days off in a row.

Maybe AK can get it done maybe he cant but until he does it, fact remains no superstars have came running to chicago before or after Jordan and the only "Batman" we had since Jordan was Rose before the injuries and we got him with the first pick of the draft.

lol now you’re editing my posts? And okay sure, Boston is a warm weather city...I’ll let you hang yourself on that one

3DB91DDF-B088-4551-8920-D935E18D944B.jpeg
F55F9749-68E1-478D-A4AA-929707548D49.jpeg
Not much difference between the two winters. And actually Boston gets more precipitation in the winter. But sure, Boston can attract great players and Chicago can’t because the weather is so much worse in Chicago. Get the fuck outta here

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Brooklyn never experiences snow.

This all checks out.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I am encouraged by the front changes and the coaching of Billy Donovan but this team has issues.

Defense has not been good,, we do not have any type of enforcer in the middle and no lock down guy on the perimeter.

We score a lot of points but give up a lot as well. Scoring is inconsistent and it shows up at the end of games many times.

In my view Patrick Williams and Colby White are the future.

As far as Levine, Markkanen and Davis, I would be fine trading one, two or all three.

All 3 can be defensive liabilities, Levine and Markkanen can score but are inconsistent shooting at times and their handle is not the best. Wendell has show potential on a couple of occasions.

I am not seeing the Bulls and Markkanen working out a deal, He is a 7 ft 3 pt shooter that blocks a shot every once in a while and is a defensive liability. Can't see them paying the money he wants for what he provides.

Think Levine has potential to be a 1 or 2 in the league, need to put in the work to improve defense, ball handling, decision making, and leadership

Today's NBA comes down to where A list free agents decide to go. Unfortunately no one wants to play for Chicago.

Like if say Khawi Leonard decides to sign with Chicago, Bulls automatically become contenders with the same roster.

Last edited:

Master Debater

Liked Posts:
lol now you’re editing my posts? And okay sure, Boston is a warm weather city...I’ll let you hang yourself on that one

View attachment 10063
View attachment 10064
Not much difference between the two winters. And actually Boston gets more precipitation in the winter. But sure, Boston can attract great players and Chicago can’t because the weather is so much worse in Chicago. Get the fuck outta here

And? Thats averages and Boston is still warmer because Boston is on the coast and unless a powerful nor'easter comes up the coast they dont have to worry about blizzards even for two inches of snow. Chicago is colder and windy and experiences artic blasts that last a lot longer than they do on the east coast if they even reach the east coast. boston is a 30 minute plane ride or so from NYC or a hour plane ride from AC. There is nothing around chicago to go to for any reason especially in the winter. want to fly from boston to dc or baltimore for whatever reason/strip club tack on another 30-45 mins max from AC.

chicago is windy as fuck and is in the middle of nowhere country. its why pro baseball players arent falling over themselves to get to STL even though outside of NYY its the best franchise in baseball and there isnt a close 3rd nipping on their heels. giancarlo stanton used his NTC to reject STL in a trade from miami who is AWFUL because he wanted to be in NY or LA.

Ive been to chicago, been to ny, havent and wont ever go to LA. chicago however is neither and it doesnt matter how many people live in chicago. do players mind playing baseball in chicago? nope because 90% of that is in nice weather.

I'd love for the bulls to finally get those players with just cash but again until they do its just a wish and a prayer and again where are you going to from chicago as a rich athlete on your off day thats within a 2 hour flight? otherwise you are spending half your off day traveling

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And? Thats averages and Boston is still warmer because Boston is on the coast and unless a powerful nor'easter comes up the coast they dont have to worry about blizzards even for two inches of snow. Chicago is colder and windy and experiences artic blasts that last a lot longer than they do on the east coast if they even reach the east coast. boston is a 30 minute plane ride or so from NYC or a hour plane ride from AC. There is nothing around chicago to go to for any reason especially in the winter. want to fly from boston to dc or baltimore for whatever reason/strip club tack on another 30-45 mins max from AC.

chicago is windy as fuck and is in the middle of nowhere country. its why pro baseball players arent falling over themselves to get to STL even though outside of NYY its the best franchise in baseball and there isnt a close 3rd nipping on their heels. giancarlo stanton used his NTC to reject STL in a trade from miami who is AWFUL because he wanted to be in NY or LA.

Ive been to chicago, been to ny, havent and wont ever go to LA. chicago however is neither and it doesnt matter how many people live in chicago. do players mind playing baseball in chicago? nope because 90% of that is in nice weather.

I'd love for the bulls to finally get those players with just cash but again until they do its just a wish and a prayer and again where are you going to from chicago as a rich athlete on your off day thats within a 2 hour flight? otherwise you are spending half your off day traveling
LOL!!!

Whats wrong with L.A.? Snowdrift deep in Libtards?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
LOL!!!

Whats wrong with L.A.? Snowdrift deep in Libtards?

Right?! He also mentions Stanton wanting out of Miami. I guess Miami has shitty weather and the no income tax thing must not matter now. He contradicts his own “points” within his response. No point bothering w him anymore

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Today's NBA comes down to where A list free agents decide to go. Unfortunately no one wants to play for Chicago.

Like if say Khawi Leonard decides to sign with Chicago, Bulls automatically become contenders with the same roster.
Nobody wanted to come play for a John Paxson/Gar Forman executive team. Karnisovas and Eversley are nine months into their job. Let's give them a non-pandemic offseason before we revert back to those lazy arguments.