Texans reporter on what it will take to get Watson

msadows

Liked Posts:
He's played three years in the NFL and not even made the pro bowl once and you're talking HOF? ? ? ?

Dude, he's trended up every year and was one of the most highly rated ILB's in recent drafts.

Yes, he very much has a chance to be a HoF'er if he keeps up this play. He's basically a top 5 MLB every year. That gets you into the HOF.

I wouldn't want to trade him, but if I can get a REAL QB by getting rid of him, lemme get it. Quan is our best player, only seems fair to trade him for t heir best player.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
8 Time Pro Bowl
4 Time First Team All Pro
Rookie Of The Year
DPOY

That's a HOF resume.
Also being inducted into the HOF. So literally a HOF resume.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
I’ve been trying to not get too excited about this possibility but this guy is a great source.

And what we we’re hearing about young players on defense seems to favor the bears exactly with roquan and JJ. and multiple years of picks makes it seem like the Texans aren’t pushing hard for a top 3 pick this year to swing for a QB.

Bears may have to give up a 3rd first round pick to get it done since they pick so late in the draft but for Watson in his prime i do it in a heartbeat.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I’ve been trying to not get too excited about this possibility but this guy is a great source.

And what we we’re hearing about young players on defense seems to favor the bears exactly with roquan and JJ. and multiple years of picks makes it seem like the Texans aren’t pushing hard for a top 3 pick this year to swing for a QB.

Bears may have to give up a 3rd first round pick to get it done since they pick so late in the draft but for Watson in his prime i do it in a heartbeat.

If we're giving up quan and JJ i hope it won't take more than just 2 first rounders.

Thats one guy who has all pro potential and another one who was arguably the best rookie corner in this draft class. Plus, quan has 2 years left on his rookie deal and JJ has 3.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Dude, he's trended up every year and was one of the most highly rated ILB's in recent drafts.

Yes, he very much has a chance to be a HoF'er if he keeps up this play. He's basically a top 5 MLB every year. That gets you into the HOF.

I wouldn't want to trade him, but if I can get a REAL QB by getting rid of him, lemme get it. Quan is our best player, only seems fair to trade him for t heir best player.

He's a great player. Our best player. But to talk about him being on a HOF path at this point is a joke. An absolute fucking joke. I've seen some homerish shit on this board but this takes the cake.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He's a great player. Our best player. But to talk about him being on a HOF path at this point is a joke. An absolute fucking joke. I've seen some homerish shit on this board but this takes the cake.

It's not a joke, he got snubbed from the all pro team this year and you could make a legit case he was the best ilb in the nfl this year.....

Saying someone has HoF potential is a bit different than saying he's a HoFer, you know. If quan keeps this play up he will be a top ILB in the game for a decade going. Thats good enough.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I think the Texans would be interested in:

Fuller
Goldman
21’ first and 5th
22’ first and 3rd
23’ 2nd and 3rd

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
And then we can suck WITH Watson and not be able to build around him lol. Could've avoided this by, you know, just drafting him.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Roquan is not on a HOF trajectory, lol. He needs to make more impact plays. Sacks, force fumbles etc. Just like Jaylon Johnson will never get any league recognition just breaking up passes without any interceptions.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think the Texans would be interested in:

Fuller
Goldman
21’ first and 5th
22’ first and 3rd
23’ 2nd and 3rd

Not sure they would want fuller and goldman. Fullers contract expires after this year and he has a 20m cap hit, and ross blacklock was just drafted by them to play nose tackle.

My guess is they want quan and JJ or nichols....

msadows

Liked Posts:
Roquan is not on a HOF trajectory, lol. He needs to make more impact plays. Sacks, force fumbles etc. Just like Jaylon Johnson will never get any league recognition just breaking up passes without any interceptions.

He was arguably the best ILB in the nfl this year.

So yes, if he continues that, yes.

I think you are confusing trajectory and potential, bud. Same with Baba.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It's not a joke, he got snubbed from the all pro team this year and you could make a legit case he was the best ilb in the nfl this year.....

Saying someone has HoF potential is a bit different than saying he's a HoFer, you know. If quan keeps this play up he will be a top ILB in the game for a decade going. Thats good enough.

The news from the Texans top beat reporter enhances the Bears value as a trade partner tremendously. Imagine if they wanted offensive starters.

Im not going to nitpick what they may have to give up.

Whatever it takes.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The news from the Texans top beat reporter enhances the Bears value as a trade partner tremendously. Imagine if they wanted offensive starters.

Im not going to nitpick what they may have to give up.

Whatever it takes.

I agree, but honestly I'd rather give up defensive starters than more picks.

Only way we will be good with watson is to retain some of those picks.

I'll happily let Quan/Jackson go if that nets us Watson and also saves us giving up another first or second. I think we've all learned defense doesn't really win championships anymore. Sure it helps, but if you don't have that QB you're fucked.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bears
Just me but as much as I'd like Watson but it's crazy talk with all these reports on what the Bears should give up. Six high picks plus players for one guy. Your giving up your future in hopes that Watson would be GREAT, greater than great, with what's left on this team. What if Nagy screws him up like he did Mitch? Watson gets hurt on day one? Like going to Vegas with everything you have just to bet on red. So many major holes on the Bears to fill also. Would I like to see Watson here....you bet, but not at this price. Lions robbed the Rams this week in their trade, this trade would be like robbing Ft Knox

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Not sure they would want fuller and goldman. Fullers contract expires after this year and he has a 20m cap hit, and ross blacklock was just drafted by them to play nose tackle.

My guess is they want quan and JJ or nichols....

The Bears defense looks a lot like the trestman era if they give up JJ and Quan.. I hope they don’t do that lol

msadows

Liked Posts:
And they hang up on you.

More then likely yes, but we have no idea what other teams value players as.

For example, I didn't think stafford would even get a first rounder, and he got two of them. Jesus christ.

We all hate jackson, but maybe there is a scout in houston who's stroking it to jackson 2018 tape thinking of what could be.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pace makes this trade and he quickly goes from piece of trash to the GOAT. Lets go!

msadows

Liked Posts:
The Bears defense looks a lot like the trestman era if they give up JJ and Quan.. I hope they don’t do that lol

It will be a rebuild no matter what if we get watson.

This team won't be good the next couple years no matter what. Even if we don't give up JJ/Quan we won't be able to afford to keep mack/hicks/fuller in the long run. The defense will still sputter with the lack of draft picks.

We have to go with the trend in the nfl and just build on this offense.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Pace makes this trade and he quickly goes from piece of trash to the GOAT. Lets go!

I've mentioned before to posters if pace gets watson his resume is basically wiped clean. Every mistake is forgiven, and he starts fresh.

Does not matter what it takes. Just get a real top 5 superstar player at the most important position in all of team sports.