2/7

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What's the Hawks record without Bustvist back there fucking things up?
Question is does Beaudin sit when Boqvist is back or do they both dress and we go with 11 forwards

Bust

Liked Posts:
Question is does Beaudin sit when Boqvist is back or do they both dress and we go with 11 forwards

Beaudin is a lot better than Boqvist defensively. Kid is really calm with the puck. Very impressed with his play in the early going.

blackpep72

Liked Posts:
Beaudin is a lot better than Boqvist defensively. Kid is really calm with the puck. Very impressed with his play in the early going.

He has to put on some weight though. He is listed at 168. Thats tiny.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
THANKS D-CAT!

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
On one hand I don't think the organization will immediately demote Boqvist when he gets back. I think he might get a game or 4 to get back into things.

Unless he plays better though, I'd be all for him going back to Rockford and keeping Beaudin up. Will they send him down though? I question that. He might be a guy they try to jam down pour throats--which is unfortunate since I think working on his D in Rockford might be the best thing for Boqvist at his age.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Trade DeHaan and play them both. The Hawks worry too damn much about the expansion.
...in a perfect world.

It takes 2 to tango though, and what club in their right mind would pay $4.55M for DeHaan? That's the kind of thing a beancounter doing fantasy sports would do.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
...in a perfect world.

It takes 2 to tango though, and what club in their right mind would pay $4.55M for DeHaan? That's the kind of thing a beancounter doing fantasy sports would do.
No one is taking DeHaan from the Hawks. You touched upon his contract, what about his issues staying healthy, those 2 shoulders injuries, and surgeries make him a Hawk until his contract comes to an end.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Every roster in the NHL has a DeHaan like player or contract. Usual drama queens focusing on the negative over the young roster getting on a nice points streak

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
On one hand I don't think the organization will immediately demote Boqvist when he gets back. I think he might get a game or 4 to get back into things.

Unless he plays better though, I'd be all for him going back to Rockford and keeping Beaudin up. Will they send him down though? I question that. He might be a guy they try to jam down pour throats--which is unfortunate since I think working on his D in Rockford might be the best thing for Boqvist at his age.
I totally agree with this.

I don't think Stan will give up on Bustvist any time soon, which is a shame because Beaudin has been silky smooth.

Beaudin, just like Mitchell, are better off developing in the NHL. Bustvist just isn't there yet and I wouldn't mind h staying in Rockford until he finds everything.

I really want the kid to succeed, but he's lost in the NHL. For that one great pass a game he makes, he's terrible in his own zone.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I would be fine with Boqvist going to Rockford too, but I highly doubt that happens. Beaudin will go down -- I like the kid and he's looked decent, but he has struggled at times the last couple games.

I'm still not sold on Subban at all. Guy is a rebound machine and the Hawks did an utterly fantastic job gaining control and clearing pucks from the crease for him.

Bust

Liked Posts:
One does not naturally pack on pounds after 20 years old.
He has to put in a lot of hours in the gym and eat properly. ( hopefully he is doing that already )

That's sort of a given in the pro leagues, no? Am sure the Blackhawks and the NHL have in house nutritionists, strength and conditioning coaches that monitor everything alongside professional gym equipment that is a slight upgrade from Beaudin's Bow Flex sitting in his basement and taking weekly trips to GNC to buy protein shakes.

:) :)

Last edited:

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I would be fine with Boqvist going to Rockford too, but I highly doubt that happens. Beaudin will go down -- I like the kid and he's looked decent, but he has struggled at times the last couple games.

I'm still not sold on Subban at all. Guy is a rebound machine and the Hawks did an utterly fantastic job gaining control and clearing pucks from the crease for him.
I was never sold on Boqvist, however his lack of development falls on the Hawks refusing to send him down earlier when he was struggling. This is why Stan gets a lot of criticism, Boqvist is hurting the team, Stan’s lack of vision and inept ability to see what’s right in front of him doesn’t help the Hawks in any capacity, and if this falls on JC then he and Stan are to be blamed once again for not striving to put the best team on the ice any given night. Beaudin without a doubt has had some moments where he has struggled,however, overall he has been the better option in comparison to Boqvist.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I was never sold on Boqvist, however his lack of development falls on the Hawks refusing to send him down earlier when he was struggling. This is why Stan gets a lot of criticism, Boqvist is hurting the team, Stan’s lack of vision and inept ability to see what’s right in front of him doesn’t help the Hawks in any capacity, and if this falls on JC then he and Stan are to be blamed once again for not striving to put the best team on the ice any given night. Beaudin without a doubt has had some moments where he has struggled,however, overall he has been the better option in comparison to Boqvist.
Yeah, but do you think it's at a point now where because Bustvist is a Stan pick he's not willing to admit that maybe, just maybe, he was wrong in evaluating the kid?

This is where I think they're at;

Can't send him down because he's a high Stan pick even tho it's the right thing to do for the kid.

Give the kid a year in the A and make him give the Hawks a reason to come back and hopefully the next time he's here to stay.

Right now, I don't see him being anything but Runblad. That's not good