GDT - CBus at Chicago Blackhawks - 7:00 cst 2/13/21

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
I think we'll find out some things about Lankinen in his next few games......I think they are very important for him. No one knows if he is a good goalie that just had a bad game or if he is a bad goalie who got hot for a few games. But that's the kind of shit you need to find out while you rebuild.

He looked real good the first 2 periods, but the whole team D fell apart at the end. There were only 1-2 you could say he should have stopped. The GWG should have been stopped for sure though

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
With youth comes energy, excitement, and.... Whatever the hell that was.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Um, a lot of his biggest mistakes had nothing to do with cap. And his shit-history with drafting certainly had nothing to do with cap either. Quit regurgitating this tired-ass excuse.

Stan’s original and most significant fuckup was/is cap management which in turn placed an even greater premium on drafting and trading, and he sucked at those.

He’s subpar at harvesting and optimizing each of the three resources available to a GM to construct a contending team: cap/draft/trade.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bench Strome

he has looked completely useless out on the ice today. Chance to get the puck out and he coasts. Puck is now in the back end of the net

That whole second line was invisible at best.

I feel like I remember Foley mistaking 33 for 88 and calling Byfuglien Kane :brady:

He did! I remember it well. I love the guy, but it's time for Weideman to step in.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That whole second line was invisible at best.

He did! I remember it well. I love the guy, but it's time for Weideman to step in.
I think Strome got bumped to 3rd line. I know the 23-34-13 line looked to be more on the ice than Strome line.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stan’s original and most significant fuckup was/is cap management which in turn placed an even greater premium on drafting and trading, and he sucked at those.

He’s subpar at harvesting and optimizing each of the three resources available to a GM to construct a contending team: cap/draft/trade.

Good and fair point. It should be acknowledged that the league basically colluded against him though. Not that it wasn't his fault coming into every season year 4 million over the cap and trying to trade for fair value with every team aware we were screwed.

Nobody let us out of jail without massive bail and it took a couple years but the attrition did finally get us under control. Still...I kept and keep pointing out the culture of hockey people he built. I think upper management and scouts and everyone in the organization likes being there and feel heard.

I think we all want to bash Stan, but he has done a good job of dispersing blame throughout his building by doing a good job of listening and going with his scouts opinions. Nobody inside probably feels like Stan fucked this up by himself.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think we'll find out some things about Lankinen in his next few games......I think they are very important for him. No one knows if he is a good goalie that just had a bad game or if he is a bad goalie who got hot for a few games. But that's the kind of shit you need to find out while you rebuild.
Lanks was due to give up a few IMO,young tenders learn more from the ones they give up than the ones they stop and he's still learning.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lanks was due to give up a few IMO,young tenders learn more from the ones they give up than the ones they stop and he's still learning.
I hope you're right. But right now, he's still an unknown. His next few games could be telling for him at this point of his career as to if he needs more seasoning or if he's ready to roll now. It sure would be nice to have found a quality goalie in your own system.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope you're right. But right now, he's still an unknown. His next few games could be telling for him at this point of his career as to if he needs more seasoning or if he's ready to roll now. It sure would be nice to have found a quality goalie in your own system.

Well, it took them three games but the Blue Jackets came at him in the third with a distinctive tactic to lob shots mid-level at his glove hand after he leans forward.

His tendency to lean forward as someone else mentioned, prevents him from covering above his glove hand and if you watch the last three goals you will notice a trend, which could be accidental but seemed intentional in their set-ups.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Perhaps, but you got to give credit when it is due.
Stan will never get me believing in his vision. Obviously it’s what I have to live with until he is relieved of his duties which may never happen, you can be a fan of a team but dislike the direction management envisions.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Last nights game looked like the Hawks we are used to seeing in the past 4 years. Special teams was horrendous, goaltending was terrible, defense was shit, giving up leads and shorthanded goals, hopefully the teams rights the ship heading into there next tilt.

SkyKing

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was known that the Defense was thin going into the season. I read an article on NHL.com fantasy page a few days ago. Fantasy hockey top 50 defenseman rankings. I know it's only fantasy stuff but out of the top 50, not one player on the Hawks is even listed which if nothing else, it's some sort of an indication of what the Hawks lack.

Any injuries, or covid protocol, on the D can have a huge effect and having Murphy out for a couple of weeks will weaken an already thin D corps. The young kids are doing well but they can only do so much and will make mistakes. I don't know if Lank can play out of his ass every night and keep bailing them out but he's the best we have between the pipes so let'skeep our fingers crossed.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
It was known that the Defense was thin going into the season. I read an article on NHL.com fantasy page a few days ago. Fantasy hockey top 50 defenseman rankings. I know it's only fantasy stuff but out of the top 50, not one player on the Hawks is even listed which if nothing else, it's some sort of an indication of what the Hawks lack.

Any injuries, or covid protocol, on the D can have a huge effect and having Murphy out for a couple of weeks will weaken an already thin D corps. The young kids are doing well but they can only do so much and will make mistakes. I don't know if Lank can play out of his ass every night and keep bailing them out but he's the best we have between the pipes so let'skeep our fingers crossed.
It’s comes down to drafting and development, everyone wants the Hawks to succeed, but when rebuilding the crappier you are the better pick placement you have in drafting a stud dman, but let’s be honest when our brain trust goes out and picks up Boqvist when there was questions marks all over him before draft day, we don’t have to look further to know why our defence is brutal, to to mention the Joker who could of been a decent defender right about now.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Yea, with a quality veteran backup who can help groom him when he does have a piss poor outing like last night.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Well, it took them three games but the Blue Jackets came at him in the third with a distinctive tactic to lob shots mid-level at his glove hand after he leans forward.

His tendency to lean forward as someone else mentioned, prevents him from covering above his glove hand and if you watch the last three goals you will notice a trend, which could be accidental but seemed intentional in their set-ups.
I noticed exactly what you are talking about, I think the Hawks should play Subban next game, it was almost to easy for the Jackets after they picked up what you alluded to, mid-level glove hand.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Good and fair point. It should be acknowledged that the league basically colluded against him though. Not that it wasn't his fault coming into every season year 4 million over the cap and trying to trade for fair value with every team aware we were screwed.

Nobody let us out of jail without massive bail and it took a couple years but the attrition did finally get us under control. Still...I kept and keep pointing out the culture of hockey people he built. I think upper management and scouts and everyone in the organization likes being there and feel heard.

I think we all want to bash Stan, but he has done a good job of dispersing blame throughout his building by doing a good job of listening and going with his scouts opinions. Nobody inside probably feels like Stan fucked this up by himself.
The league colluded against him, really? Come on Rasko are believing what you are writing? Tell me why any GM in the league would not take Stan for a ride, Stan handed out the contracts, Stan put the team over the cap, Stan made the decisions to put the Hawks in the position they were in. This is not on the NHL, the Chicago Blackhawks won 3 Championships, knowone was bending over for Stan to bail him out for his mishaps.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I noticed exactly what you are talking about, I think the Hawks should play Subban next game, it was almost to easy for the Jackets after they picked up what you alluded to, mid-level glove hand.
A good and fair point, and I agree that Subban shoulf get the next game.

Lankinen is so young though that long term this tendency can be corrected. I'm less wortied about that then I was with JC not doing anything to slow down Columbus in the 3rd and get his players' heads in the game.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
I hear what you are saying but he only got beat once on the glove side and that was a deflected puck. I would like to see him right back in net but thats just my 2 cents