Report: Wentz Traded to Colts

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So basically his value was conditionally 2 thirds (3rd this year, 2nd next year which could turn into a first). Reasonable deal for the Colts.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone else starting to think Pace/Nagy seats aren’t that hot and they’ll be allowed to buy time with a young QB in the draft?
Fans won't be happy, but it's the more responsible approach given our cap situation. I've been thinking they'll add a veteran to the room to go along with Foles and an early pick. The question is will they trade up in the first.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I mean losing out on Wentz, means you can still have Watson... XDD
Actually this does make me wonder what this means for the Watson trade. Eagles wanted a Stafford deal, but settled for a 3rd and conditional 1st/2nd. Does this mean if Watson holds firm (like Wentz) could that price drop?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Watson to the moon!!!

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Anyone else starting to think Pace/Nagy seats aren’t that hot and they’ll be allowed to buy time with a young QB in the draft?
I think there seats are still hot. They have to play the QB situation smart, because if they do hit on one it will save their jobs.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
giphy.gif

I'm happy it's over, but obviously not happy with the return for my Eagles. Quick thoughts:

- I think the Bears had a better offer discussed, but Wentz wanted to go to the Colts.
- GM Roseman tried to create leverage, but ultimately all sides knew this was the only deal to be done.
- I'm mad at Wentz who first forced the team to trade him then picked a destination, but can't deny the Colts are getting a hell of a QB for a very reasonable cost.
I really doubt the Bears had a better offer or an offer at all.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Winston or Darnold. Fans won't like who starts for Chicago this year.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears will end up with Nick Foles starting again. I think I’m going to be sick
I agree...Colts will be in the playoffs and we will be home counting CB's with potential wondering why we didn't draft a QB or LT in 2021 1st round probably?! Dealing with cap issues and firing everybody to start over.

A mid to late first and a third and only if things go well? If not you get half your money back?

We passed on a franchise QB for a 1st and third when you get half your money back if it fails!! See me in two years and tell me he wasn't worth 2 1st's and a third.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That is a lot of money for Indy to take on for mediocre production and history of injuries.

Alright Pace, time to nut up and go out there and get Carr. You have a baseline now on what to offer the Raiders.

So why are the Raidrs trading Carr again? I don't think this is happening.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Actually this does make me wonder what this means for the Watson trade. Eagles wanted a Stafford deal, but settled for a 3rd and conditional 1st/2nd. Does this mean if Watson holds firm (like Wentz) could that price drop?

I think we're entering a new era where players realize they have more control over things than previously thought.