2/17 Hawks VS Dead Things GDT

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Did I ever tell the story about the one time I went to Detroit and while sitting at a long red light, which is extremely dangerous btw, a suit walking down the sidewalk just dropped his pants, took a shit, pulled his drawers back up and went on walking into a building like nothing happened.

I told my gf at the time "hun were not in chicago anymore"

3-2 Hawks

Kane
Strome
And Hagel gets his first

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lankinen continues to shine....who woulda thunk? So many of these kids look like NHLers....it sure is a fun team to watch grow together.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Detroit still sucks.

What a run by the Hawks 7-1-1..

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A few of these guys were showing potential and we were kinda all wondering why they weren't here already given what we watched last year.

Kurashev would have helped. Hagel's motor would have helped. Dallas misses Janmark. I thought the wheels would fall off defensively and at the dot without Murph and Carp but we have been waiting on these D investments for a while so nice to see them have a positive stretch together and an unexpected guy like Caarlson get in the mix and compete and contribute.

Mitchell/Beudin/Boqvist mean alot to this regime because they picked keeping them over some others. Its nice to see signs of life from them.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I was so distracted by the impromptu bulls game I completely forget about this one. Thought it was today for some reason.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
A few of these guys were showing potential and we were kinda all wondering why they weren't here already given what we watched last year.

Kurashev would have helped. Hagel's motor would have helped. Dallas misses Janmark. I thought the wheels would fall off defensively and at the dot without Murph and Carp but we have been waiting on these D investments for a while so nice to see them have a positive stretch together and an unexpected guy like Caarlson get in the mix and compete and contribute.

Mitchell/Beudin/Boqvist mean alot to this regime because they picked keeping them over some others. Its nice to see signs of life from them.

I must have missed the sign of life from Boqvist. To me, he is the biggest disappointment on the roster.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I must have missed the sign of life from Boqvist. To me, he is the biggest disappointment on the roster.

lol.

I don't know when I started speaking in ambiguous interpretations very specifically like autism, or if I am autistic or always did that or had to do that in my family when speaking the truth.

I meant very specifically we needed signs of life from the trio due to the multiple sacrifices and choices made to have them here over other players. Mitchell and Beudin showed signs of life, and Boqvist is still potential.

I just don't understand the decision to keep him last year. His offensive potential was kind of his own worst enemy there and we put him in the meat grinder too early.

He is too skilled to give up on but my current thinking is we need to invent a 7th defensman/13th fwd position for him that changes his focus with game situations.

If behind he needs to go into Quinton Hughes mode and attack the net. If ahead he can play on the 4th line and float as a third defender (he needs the support).

I know he can't win pucks in the corner but he is more skilled than half the forwards with a puck on his stick. I'd even consider converting him to FWD before I gave up on him.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
lol.

I don't know when I started speaking in ambiguous interpretations very specifically like autism, or if I am autistic or always did that or had to do that in my family when speaking the truth.

I meant very specifically we needed signs of life from the trio due to the multiple sacrifices and choices made to have them here over other players. Mitchell and Beudin showed signs of life, and Boqvist is still potential.

I just don't understand the decision to keep him last year. His offensive potential was kind of his own worst enemy there and we put him in the meat grinder too early.

He is too skilled to give up on but my current thinking is we need to invent a 7th defensman/13th fwd position for him that changes his focus with game situations.

If behind he needs to go into Quinton Hughes mode and attack the net. If ahead he can play on the 4th line and float as a third defender (he needs the support).

I know he can't win pucks in the corner but he is more skilled than half the forwards with a puck on his stick. I'd even consider converting him to FWD before I gave up on him.

LOL, nice bit of self-actualization.

Sadly, I see Boqvist as another Nylander. Potential that is not getting unlocked anytime soon, if ever.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL, nice bit of self-actualization.

Sadly, I see Boqvist as another Nylander. Potential that is not getting unlocked anytime soon, if ever.

Race, I think you are doing a bit of overkill with this kid. No idea how long you've been a fan so you might not remember this but his play and numbers are very similar to what another Hawk defenseman did early in his career......his name was Keith. Boqvist is only 20 years old, Dunc was older....I think like 24 or so his first year and while he wasn't very good, you could see his talent and by his 3rd year he was getting Norris Trophy votes. There's no locked in time a player suddenly gets it, some like Kane & Toews jump right in and are great players.....for others, sometimes it takes awhile for the light to click on. Much like Keith, Boqvist's talent is unmistakeable....at some point, he'll get there.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Race, I think you are doing a bit of overkill with this kid. No idea how long you've been a fan so you might not remember this but his play and numbers are very similar to what another Hawk defenseman did early in his career......his name was Keith. Boqvist is only 20 years old, Dunc was older....I think like 24 or so his first year and while he wasn't very good, you could see his talent and by his 3rd year he was getting Norris Trophy votes. There's no locked in time a player suddenly gets it, some like Kane & Toews jump right in and are great players.....for others, sometimes it takes awhile for the light to click on. Much like Keith, Boqvist's talent is unmistakeable....at some point, he'll get there.

I hope you're right, but fear you are wrong. I can't see Nolander coming around either.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hope you're right, but fear you are wrong. I can't see Nolander coming around either.

Tater, Nylander is whole different subject....I have no idea why that trade was made. He has yet to show me anything that would indicate that he will be a player someday. It could happen, I guess.....the US did beat the Russians in 1980. :)

KBIB

Liked Posts:
As somebody who has followed DK's entire career, Bustvist isn't DK.

DK came in at 22, the drunk Sutter put him directly in the top pairing, everyone was like "why", and by the second year everyone saw what Sutter saw and shut up.

Keith's skating was built for the direction of the league and his "active stick" was like nothing else on the Hawks at the time.

Bustvist problem is he isn't ready and Stan is willing to push this kid in the NHL instead of at Rockford where he belongs. That's not a knock on him, he's still only 20 years old, but in this day and age of the 18/19 year old defenseman making huge impacts in the NHL I think Stan's too proud to say he misjudged the kids talents.

I mean the kid himself on draft day said he wasn't ready for a couple years, why rush him?

KBIB

Liked Posts:

Nylander didn't look too bad with Kane on his line.

But then again, not too many ppl do.

He did have more take aways then give aways last year. His problem is Kurashev and Suter have that tenacity he doesn't and don't take shifts or games off.

RacerX

Liked Posts:

I've been a fan since the days of Chiko Mako, lol.

Many times I have heard this same reference to the trajectory of #2, but DK is the exception that proves the general rule. I don't see any of the qualities or potential in Boqvist necessary to grow into a top-4 Dmen, he just doesn't have it, period.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
I've been a fan since the days of Chiko Mako, lol.

Many times I have heard this same reference to the trajectory of #2, but DK is the exception that proves the general rule. I don't see any of the qualities or potential in Boqvist necessary to grow into a top-4 Dmen, he just doesn't have it, period.
I really think Bustvist is a boom or bust player.

He was/is either gonna be a superstar EK type or a meddling bottom pairing guy who is good on the PP like Gus.

When he was drafted, I said his ceiling was Gus because if it was EK, he would have went over Dahlin. Turns out I was wrong, he's not as good as Gus, and the actual EK is playing for the Canucks.