Russell Wilson: 3 1st Rounders

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would anyone want this guy? I read on CCS he's worse than Mitch.

Biscuit

Liked Posts:
He’s not “upset that he gets sacked a lot” let’s all let this narrative die

Wilson is upset that they fired an OC that he really liked and respected, that nearly won him an MVP, that was a paradigm shift in they way they do business on offense, and that they didn’t even consult him before making the change.

Now Pete Carroll wants to go back to handing the ball of 30+ times and playing ball control FOOTBAW and Russ wants no part of that BS. He’s an elite QB and doesn’t want to be treated like Kyle Orton.

He knows that he’s not going to win a ring with that style of play, they don’t have Marshawn Lynch or an elite defense to lean on. And they have two great receivers on the team already.

I think 90% chance he stays, and if he leaves he’ll prefer a team like WFT or NY Giants, who also have huge markets and already close to elite on one side of the ball.

I agree with a lot of this, but the truth is, he is getting tired of playing behind a mediocre OLine. At this rate, he will have been sacked more than any QB in history by age 35.

He liked the OC, but he wasn’t close to winning an MVP because his production went way down in the second half of the season, because opponents started playing a lot of Cover 2 and the OC didnt make necessary adjustments. That’s why he was fired.

The other points are spot on. Bottom line, there’s a lot of drama between him and the Hawks, and he wouldn’t be any happier with the Bears. He’s probably not going anywhere, anyway.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If there’s any chance for Wilson I’d take him over Watson no doubt...somehow I just don’t see Wilson getting traded
Well yeah Wilson is a legitimate top 5 QB, and Watson is a borderline top 10. Since Wilson was draft the Seahawks have made the playoffs 8 of the 9 years, and the last few years they have had a bad team.
Wilson is a true difference maker on par with Brady and Rodgers. Watson is just another good QB that can win when surrounded by talent like Matt Ryan or Lamar Jackson.
I would give up Roquan, 3x 1st, Fuller, and tag and trade Robinson.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love RW and would love to see him in a Bears uniform, but 3 first rounders seems awfully steep.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Russell Wilson can't play at Soldier Field; the grass is too tall.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
3 firsts for Russ is CHEAP.

giphy.gif

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Another intelligence response. Seems like some can't talk without using a cuss word

Have a fucking intelligent response has nothing to do with cussing. That shit spices up intellectual conversations. Get off your ass and try it. That shit is fucking fun.

mecha

Liked Posts:
if you trade 3 1st round picks and half of the roster for Russell Wilson, do the Bears win a Super Bowl? do they make the playoffs after you've scratched some of the team's best talent? does Russell Wilson within the Bears offensive system make enough of a difference? go back to the first question, do the Bears win a Super Bowl? the simple answer is no.

that should be the end of the discussion and your bullshit trade scenarios. build your own team with the tools provided to you. otherwise you're all playing monkey see monkey do thinking you're cool for suggesting this happen. which means you're all fucking morons, which has been demonstrated the entire time I've been here.

hey Polish Sausage guy, did I do the spicing up of the intellectual conversation right? these clowns think getting someone else's quarterback in the nearing twilight of their career = "Bears franchise quarterback"

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if you trade 3 1st round picks and half of the roster for Russell Wilson, do the Bears win a Super Bowl? do they make the playoffs after you've scratched some of the team's best talent? does Russell Wilson within the Bears offensive system make enough of a difference? go back to the first question, do the Bears win a Super Bowl? the simple answer is no.

that should be the end of the discussion and your bullshit trade scenarios. build your own team with the tools provided to you. otherwise you're all playing monkey see monkey do thinking you're cool for suggesting this happen. which means you're all fucking morons, which has been demonstrated the entire time I've been here.

hey Polish Sausage guy, did I do the spicing up of the intellectual conversation right? these clowns think getting someone else's quarterback in the nearing twilight of their career = "Bears franchise quarterback"
Tank this year, acquire as much draft capital and cap as possible for the 2022 draft/FA by trading away aging vets, and go out and draft your own effing QB for fucks sake. Understanding that trading away draft capital is part of what got you here in the first place.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies

We ain't winning shit with the quarterbacks we have now. Might as well get an actual franchise QB and go from there. It gets so much easier to win with a very good QB.

We've made the playoffs two of the last three years with less than competent QB play. I like our chances with an all-pro caliber QB.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
They might not win a SB but they’ll be in the playoffs all 3 years and have a chance. And not as a limp (dick) 7th seed, they should compete for the NFC North every year. Who cares about the 1st round picks Pace will just draft more Kevin Whites just give me the franchise QB and you have a chance every year