Kmet Advanced Stats..

napo55

Liked Posts:
it depends on your idea of productive....Kmet had the highest amount of receptions and yards out of all the rookie TEs...
Harrison Bryant of Cleveland had basically identical stats and was a 4th round pick. That's what I mean when I say Kmet was over drafted.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Harrison Bryant of Cleveland had basically identical stats and was a 4th round pick. That's what I mean when I say Kmet was over drafted.

Lol. With a functioning QB too. And playing in several high scoring games unlike the Bears

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I didn't say fast. I said dynamic. Only Kittle and Tonyan surpassed 500 yards of the group you mentioned.

I assume by dynamic you mean capable of big plays, and respectfully I think you are wrong about Kmet. Big body TEs that can separate and make adjustments on the ball can make big plays. His lack of big plays this year reflect more on our QB situation and his inexperience than his ability.

Way too early to pencil him in as a checkdown. No I don't see him as Jimmy Graham in his prime, but as an inline blocker he is going to get his fair share of matchups against linebackers and he can win that matchup.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Always a good idea to come to a conclusion such as this after 1 yr.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
The Bears can build around Kmet, Monty and Mooney.

Come fight me.

An NFL defensive coordinator is not going to lose any sleep in preparing for those three, lol.

And I just shaved my underarms to make myself more aerodynamic and quick-twitchier in a fight, so bring it!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

Not exactly sound logic for future productivity....

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
An NFL defensive coordinator is not going to lose any sleep in preparing for those three, lol.

And I just shaved my underarms to make myself more aerodynamic and quick-twitchier in a fight, so bring it!

But what if Watson is the QB........

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I don’t think he’ll ever be a monster like Gronk, Kelce or Waller but he should be a very good, dependable, above average starting tight end in the league. Even if he is just an Evan Engram or Jared Cook type.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Not exactly sound logic for future productivity....
Actually a pretty good argument why Kmet was drafted too high. He may be a good player, but there were comparable players available much later in the draft.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually a pretty good argument why Kmet was drafted too high. He may be a good player, but there were comparable players available much later in the draft.

He wasn't drafted too high if someone else was going to take him and its a huge need for the Bears...

By your logic Mahomes was drafted way too high because he barely had any stats year one....

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don’t think he’ll ever be a monster like Gronk, Kelce or Waller but he should be a very good, dependable, above average starting tight end in the league. Even if he is just an Evan Engram or Jared Cook type.

Engram is garbage as is Jared Cook has been wasted potential his entire career

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I was not saying he fumbled a lot, just pointing out that a fumble is a fumble

Well correct then. He needs to work on his blocking and separation too

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I assume by dynamic you mean capable of big plays, and respectfully I think you are wrong about Kmet. Big body TEs that can separate and make adjustments on the ball can make big plays. His lack of big plays this year reflect more on our QB situation and his inexperience than his ability.

Way too early to pencil him in as a checkdown. No I don't see him as Jimmy Graham in his prime, but as an inline blocker he is going to get his fair share of matchups against linebackers and he can win that matchup.

Yes and the point is he has shown no such ability thus far unlike the guys you mentioned. Maybe the big plays will come but right now he is more lumbering than fast and he is more checkdown than stretch the field. Nothing in his profile really suggests he will be a dynamic downfield threat. You are just hoping and wishing right now. You are comparing him to guys who even if they didn't have the production were much faster than he is and more projectable as dynamic threats. Graham, Cook, Kittle and Tonyan all ran sub 4.6. Kmet is almost 2 tenths of a second slower which is an enternity in the NFL.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Disagree on Mooney. Mooney led the NFL in cushion so NFL defenses are already respecting his deep speed enough to have defenders playing off of him more than any other WR in the NFL. That is despite having garbage QBs that threw him only 4 catchable passes out of 23. A good QB and teams will have to respect him even more.

Agree on Monty and Kmet.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Kmet will have a Frank Wycheck/Jason Witten type of career. Solid players

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kmet will have a Frank Wycheck/Jason Witten type of career. Solid players

Witten feels like his ceiling for me at this point which I would be fine with but not quite sure he will hit that ceiling.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Much better than I thought in terms of separation. 25 out of 33 qualifying TEs. Thats 75% percentile.

Middle of the road in catch percentage at 63% and middle of the road in expected average yards after catch (+.3).

A little surprised by catch percentage numbers, this may be a reflection of some inaccurate QB throws because I didn't see many drops by Kmet this season and thought he showed good hands.

Some of it may be scheme, but he also may be a little more athletic and a better route runner than we are giving him credit for to have such good separation numbers. That's a great number especially for someone that many of us had athleticism concerns about.

Regardless, looks like the Bears picked up a solid starter in Kmet, especially if run blocking continues to improve.
All I see is a lack of military experience.