Jets looking to trade #2 pick.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Jets will want way more than the Bears can afford.
I’m not necessarily vouching for Pace to make the trade but why can’t the Bears afford that trade? Do we not have any draft picks after the 2021 season?

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
People are overvaluing the QB situation this year.

Stafford was traded for a 1st (2022 1st)and 3rd. The other 1st (2023)is for the Lions to take Goff.

Wentz was traded for essentially 2 2nd round picks.

To get the no 2 pick. The Bears give up either 3 1sts or 2 1sts and 2 2nds. If Pace believes in Wilson and Nagy, he has to go for it. If Wilson produces, great. If not, Bears won’t be competitive for next 5 years.

if I were pace, I would say fuck it and go for gold. Go down swinging instead of looking at 3rd strike.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Darnold is shell shocked and can’t keep up with the speed of the game at the NFL level

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
But if Texans aren’t trading him you wouldn’t be open to making that deal?
The trade chart says three firsts and a later round pick to move up from #20 to #2. I don't know that I like Wilson or Fields enough for that. I would give that up for Watson or Russ, but I don't see any non-Lawrence QB as a sure thing. They all have a decent bust potential - and if they bust after giving that up its's a franchise wrecker - and even still could take a couple years to develop without first round picks to help.

I also wouldn't be mad if they take a big swing, but I may wait to see if one falls and move up then. All depends on their evaluations.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Why stick with Darnold who hasn't played well and is on the last year of his rookie contract? You might as well start fresh and get the top QB on your board.

I dont see how this drives up Darnold's value. Wouldnt we have heard of teams calling around or making offers for him? I personally don't think there is a market for him. Maybe the Jets don't think they will get an offer of value and interested how much they can get for #2.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The price to move up to #2 for the Bears will be comparable to getting Watson. I don't think it's worth it. The Jets are playing this right. This isn't about Darnold, they have a million holes to fill and will get better value for trading #2. If they don't see any of the other QB prospects as sure things at #2, they have to at least shop it.

This is what i'm thinking as well that the price to get that #2 pick for us would be very close to what it would cost to get Watson. So to trade an absolute load to go draft a QB that there's a big chance will bust in the NFL, and i'm a big Z.Wilson fan, is a very risky decision to make. At least we already know Watson can play at a high level in the NFL. I know many will be happy because at least Pace and Nagy will get fired if they made that trade and it didn't work out but the next GM and HC will be without multiple future draft picks and that's a tough situation for a new GM and HC to buy into.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears fans have an obsession with desperation and hope

GoBears

Liked Posts:
First round draft choices for life or until the Jets win a Super bowl (so basically for life).

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I really like Trey Lance he might just make it to us at 20 no need to trade to 2.

Sign Jacoby Brisset and let's control the clock on offese and win with defense.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really like Trey Lance he might just make it to us at 20 no need to trade to 2.

Sign Jacoby Brisset and let's control the clock on offese and win with defense.

I'm a fan of Lance. I think there is a realistic possibility the Bears can get him if they want him.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Yes he does throw to a lot of open receivers, but he's got a quick release and drops it over top in the bucket in stride. He's becoming my fave that we have a shot to draft.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Darnold never showed flashes of brilliance. Just suckage. Mirer was exactly that. If Bears trade for Darnold, then Bears are getting another Mirer situation.
trubisky showed he was better than Darnold. Why trade for a shittier player.
I meant why was Mirer's name brought back up from the dead? Now many will be traumatized again.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Id take fields at 2 but I think Lance had a higher ceiling

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I meant why was Mirer's name brought back up from the dead? Now many will be traumatized again.

He's only Rick Mirer if the Bears trade their first round draft choice for him.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
He's only Rick Mirer if the Bears trade their first round draft choice for him.
I completely get your point, but Mirer was always a dumb trade. The year prior to the Bears getting him he had like 5 TD's and 12 picks in 11 games. The year before that he had 13 TD's and 20 picks. While having a completion percentage around 52 percent. Those were also his 3rd and 4th years in the league. The Bears are snakebit at the QB position but Mirer was awful when we got him. We traded a high first round pick for Todd Collins.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I completely get your point, but Mirer was always a dumb trade. The year prior to the Bears getting him he had like 5 TD's and 12 picks in 11 games. The year before that he had 13 TD's and 20 picks. While having a completion percentage around 52 percent. Those were also his 3rd and 4th years in the league. The Bears are snakebit at the QB position but Mirer was awful when we got him. We traded a high first round pick for Todd Collins.

Statistically Darnold has gotten worse. He is one of the very QBs in the league to throw more picks this year than TDs. Why anyone sees hidden gold is beyond me....

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You put money on Mitch being league MVP one year. Idk if anyone wants your "dream qb"

Thanks.

Oh, we all want the dream version of the qb he thinks about.

We just don't want the actual version of said qb when he wakes up...

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Anyway, no way in hell do the Bears have enough to trade for 2nd overall.