2/7

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One does not naturally pack on pounds after 20 years old.
He has to put in a lot of hours in the gym and eat properly. ( hopefully he is doing that already )
170lb 18yros will naturally pack on 10-20lbs as they mature but a 21yro who's used to playing in a 175lb body is through growing and can easily lose speed and quickness if they add weight.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Yeah, but do you think it's at a point now where because Bustvist is a Stan pick he's not willing to admit that maybe, just maybe, he was wrong in evaluating the kid?

This is where I think they're at;

Can't send him down because he's a high Stan pick even tho it's the right thing to do for the kid.

Give the kid a year in the A and make him give the Hawks a reason to come back and hopefully the next time he's here to stay.

Right now, I don't see him being anything but Runblad. That's not good
No doubt Stan does not want to admit fault on the Boqvist pick and you are 100% correct with your reference to Rundblad. It’s almost the identical scenario, the only difference, a major one at that, David was just awful, almost cringeworthy when he stepped on the ice. I think Adam was rushed into the NHL without proper development to quickly, which seems to be the norm in Chicago, players aren't ready but are being forced to take on a bigger role than they can assume due to the cap crunch, salary being eatin up by players who are not currently playing and Stan’s ego not being able to admit his own faults when a player he specifically wanted falls short of all expectations of a 8th overall pick in the first round.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
170lb 18yros will naturally pack on 10-20lbs as they mature but a 21yro who's used to playing in a 175lb body is through growing and can easily lose speed and quickness if they add weight.
that is true, but it almost depends on the strength and conditioning he is being put through. Proper nutrition as well. We saw Tazer change his eating habits and strength conditioning multiple times, there was even times this topic was heavily debated on the old Blackhawks boards to the point arguments were so heated moderators were handing out warnings to everyone. I like Beaudin, I thought he was a good draft pick, can’t see him being anything better than a 4or5 but with that once again the right coaching could change that and obviously what happens in his maturation process.

Bust

Liked Posts:
And that’s why Subban sucks

This poster stated this in a game Subban gave up one goal. Also look at Subban's game logs to the season thus far, not bad for a "this is why Subban sucks" netminder

Ooops at this poster! hehhehhehehhehhehe
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Malcolm Subban Stats and News

Malcolm Subban Game Logs
DateTeamGSWLTOTSAGASV%SOTOI
Feb 25@ CBJ110002601.000159:58
Feb 15@ DET11000292.931064:43
Feb 7@ DAL11000311.968062:56
Jan 26@ NSH1------1393.923061:57
Jan 13@ TBL10100335.848059:37

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Anyone who predicted Subban OR the team in general would have a great season........feel free to bump the unedited post saying so!
Bob, I did post Subban sucks, however it was during a game on Feb 7th in which he let in a few stinkers, but hey some posters just miss the context of everything, at the moment he did suck. I will say this however, he has picked his game up since and like many he is playing very well as the current backup.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bob, I did post Subban sucks, however it was during a game on Feb 7th in which he let in a few stinkers, but hey some posters just miss the context of everything, at the moment he did suck. I will say this however, he has picked his game up since and like many he is playing very well as the current backup.
His numbers suggested he did suck so far into his career before this year and at times this year too. NOBODY predicted a breakthrough for the kid is all I'm sayin' so there should be no 'I told you so' bullshit IMO.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anyone who predicted Subban OR the team in general would have a great season........feel free to bump the unedited post saying so!

Well, as far as Subban goes I didn't say anything because I'd not seen him play enough to make a call on him. I did come right out and say that the Hawks are pretty much a lock for a top 5 pick and wouldn't win double digit games......ooops. LOL.