Were the Bears to trade for Wilson, are you prepared to lose Hicks and Fuller?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just looking at the reality today of the cap numbers of Russell Wilson's contract, and what the Bears would have to clear this year to accommodate for it.

I think if they were to make this move the path forward is extremely clear as there are a small group of players soaking up the most available money.

Keep in mind you would have to accommodate for 35 million this year I believe for Russell Wilson.

So in addition to whatever pics you send over, I would imagine the following players would either be part of the deal or would be cut to make room:

Kyle Fuller : frees up 11 million
Akiem Hicks: frees up 10.5 million
Charles Leno Jr: frees up 6.2 million
Bobbie Massie: frees up 5.4 million

The only other player making significant money is Jimmy Graham at 7 million cap relief, but because he is a valuable target, good friend to Russell Wilson, and performed well last year I don't think he would be involved to make space.

You would have to draft your next left tackle and either draft or sign a new right tackle unless you truly feel comfortable with Alex Bars out at right.

Bilal Nichols would in step in for Hicks.

This of course does not count restructuring if it happens.

But in addition to pics I am saying if a trade does happen, be it for Wilson or the long shot Watson, losing the same four players as what we are looking at...

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I think I'm willing to give up any combination of players on the roster to get Wilson.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Just looking at the reality today of the cap numbers of Russell Wilson's contract, and what the Bears would have to clear this year to accommodate for it.

I think if they were to make this move the path forward is extremely clear as there are a small group of players soaking up the most available money.

Keep in mind you would have to accommodate for 35 million this year I believe for Russell Wilson.

So in addition to whatever pics you send over, I would imagine the following players would either be part of the deal or would be cut to make room:

Kyle Fuller : frees up 11 million
Akiem Hicks: frees up 10.5 million
Charles Leno Jr: frees up 6.2 million
Bobbie Massie: frees up 5.4 million

The only other player making significant money is Jimmy Graham at 7 million cap relief, but because he is a valuable target, good friend to Russell Wilson, and performed well last year I don't think he would be involved to make space.

You would have to draft your next left tackle and either draft or sign a new right tackle unless you truly feel comfortable with Alex Bars out at right.

Bilal Nichols would in step in for Hicks.

This of course does not count restructuring if it happens.

But in addition to pics I am saying if a trade does happen, be it for Wilson or the long shot Watson, losing the same four players as what we are looking at...
I don't wanna lose hicks. Fav bear since peanut, literally engine of the defense. I'd be a lil bit muddy7 for a minute and might ccs spaz out for a few weeks if that happened.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Fuck yes

ask yourself this...who gives the BEARS a better shot at winning
Russell Wilson as our QB or Hicks and fuller on D

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Wilson's cap number would be $19M next season for the Bears, $24M in 2022, and $27M in 2023. But regardless, Hicks being cut and Fuller possibly being traded are real possibilities

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Wilson's cap number would be $19M next season for the Bears, $24M in 2022, and $27M in 2023. But regardless, Hicks being cut and Fuller possibly being traded are real possibilities
That's what I wasn't sure of. I had the total contract but wasn't aware what the bears would have to chip in.

$19m allows you to keep Hicks.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Trading Mack would COST you 11 mil instead of SAVING 11 mil.
No cutting him does, trading him would actually create $5.25M in cap space. The $17M difference is the guaranteed base salary that the other team would be responsible for.

46FEVER

Liked Posts:
Without thinking twice.

Keep in mind Goldman will be back so Hicks is expendable. Plus as of late he has been injury prone and caught takin plays off. Fuller can be replaced Id simply slide over Jaylon and draft another late round corner. Like losing Leno and Massie would even show. Hell might be an improvement.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To make this work odds are fuller reconstructs massie gets cut and you might get hicks and mack to take a little noth ways. It would give hicks money next year guaranteed and I'm almost certain fuller would want an extension. I'm sure this team wants to stick together to try and win one and if you can get a guy like wilson that's an all in move.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Without thinking twice.

Keep in mind Goldman will be back so Hicks is expendable. Plus as of late he has been injury prone and caught takin plays off. Fuller can be replaced Id simply slide over Jaylon and draft another late round corner. Like losing Leno and Massie would even show. Hell might be an improvement.
Goldman doesn't make hicks expendable. A late round corner isn't a realistic replacement for fuller.

Regardless I'd give up anybody to have a real qb going forward.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
of course. You could probably re-sign some of those players after trading.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
The two tackles are easily replaced. You could make an argument that we should be trying to improve their level in those positions anyway.

We would miss Hicks and Fuller - both up there with the best in the league at their positions, but it would still be a no brainer for Wilson.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
If losing those 4 gets you Russell Wilson, you do that every time.