KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Four post panic by humpty and dumpty

#winning

Granada

Liked Posts:
I'm going to keep this simple:

To strictly label Keith as a "puck moving defenseman" is asinine before labeling him an "all-around defenseman." It's asinine because it implies he's one dimensional, which he isn't.

Yes, Keith can move the puck, facilitate breakouts from the D-zone, man the point on the PP -- but he also can play the PK, defend against the opposition's best lines, read/break up plays, lead the entire defensive core in ice time, and can/has been trusted in the most critical of playoff situations (particularly with holding one-goal leads, kill penalties as I mentioned, etc.).

It'd be more accurate to label a guy like Brian Campbell a puck-moving d-man; or a Nick Leddy when he was here. That isn't meant to slight either, especially Campbell (because he really did solidify the top-4 at one time), but his offensive prowess clearly outweighed his defensive strong suits overall.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm going to keep this simple:

To strictly label Keith as a "puck moving defenseman" is asinine before labeling him an "all-around defenseman." It's asinine because it implies he's one dimensional, which he isn't.

Yes, Keith can move the puck, facilitate breakouts from the D-zone, man the point on the PP -- but he also can play the PK, defend against the opposition's best lines, read/break up plays, lead the entire defensive core in ice time, and can/has been trusted in the most critical of playoff situations (particularly with holding one-goal leads, kill penalties as I mentioned, etc.).

It'd be more accurate to label a guy like Brian Campbell a puck-moving d-man; or a Nick Leddy when he was here. That isn't meant to slight either, especially Campbell (because he really did solidify the top-4 at one time), but his offensive prowess clearly outweighed his defensive strong suits overall.
Yes sir! Of course Keith could always skate the puck out of trouble when necessary but he'd rather set up sweet stretch passes to spring a forward and ALWAYS played very well in his own end or at least more often that not......

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Yes sir! Of course Keith could always skate the puck out of trouble when necessary but he'd rather set up sweet stretch passes to spring a forward and ALWAYS played very well in his own end or at least more often that not......

The whole losing teeth and not missing a shift is the stuff legends are made out of.

blackpep72

Liked Posts:
Lids was a two way defenseman and the second best defenseman of all time.

You didn't log as many minutes as Lidstrom did playing under Scotty Bowman if you didn't play defense
I never said he was not great defensively.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOOKS LIKE ADAM BOQVIST IS STILL TEARING IT UP LMAO LOLOLOLOL

imagine being a new hockey watcher like 90% of this board and having zero idea what you are posting about.... this is yet ANOTHER GRIMSON #CALLEDIT

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOOKS LIKE ADAM BOQVIST IS STILL TEARING IT UP LMAO LOLOLOLOL

imagine being a new hockey watcher like 90% of this board and having zero idea what you are posting about.... this is yet ANOTHER GRIMSON #CALLEDIT
Was watchin' hockey before you were born Peter Pan and it shows!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bitching about what? Care to explain?

I am praising a player on my favorite hockey team while you are incorrectly tearing him down.

Thanks Boomer, I'll hang up and listen.
Without Kane and Keith I think the Hawks would have collected about 10 points despite Lankenens nightly heroics.

There is no reason on earth to start disparaging Keith. Nobody on defense is in his galaxy.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Without Kane and Keith I think the Hawks would have collected about 10 points despite Lankenens nightly heroics.

There is no reason on earth to start disparaging Keith. Nobody on defense is in his galaxy.

Why dont you quote yourself and disagree with your own post like you did yesterday you drug addicted idiot.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Boqvist is going to be real good. He has been taking the body a lot more and that is very noticeable. He is only 20 and will continue to get better. A few things he needs to work on like keeping it simple, shooting more, and take a little off some of his passes on cross ice passes.

Hawks have the foundation of a good young D-core that if reaches potential could be the strength of this team.

Zadorov
Mitchell
Beaudin
Boqvist
Murphy