Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
He can be our 7th TE!

Meatballs, unite!

msadows

Liked Posts:
anywhere but Chicago

Which is ironic, because its probably the only team that would give him a shot at this point if he was willing to play tackle.

The guy was one of the worst linemen in the league at his position before retiring. He knew it and the bears knew it. I can't see this being a thing, but hey, good for kyle. Retirement must be boring.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Green Bay

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don’t the Bears still own his contract or did he retire as a FA?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
If he's healthy I bring him back no questions asked. Guy was really good when he played his real position and wasn't broken. Thirty-two isn't that old.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which is ironic, because its probably the only team that would give him a shot at this point if he was willing to play tackle.

The guy was one of the worst linemen in the league at his position before retiring. He knew it and the bears knew it. I can't see this being a thing, but hey, good for kyle. Retirement must be boring.

Cool football post, thanks.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't think it's possible for Long to have overcome all the injuries for an NFL return and would have questions about that. Guy was absolutely terrible his last couple years because he was broken. He might be only 32 years old but was moving like a man 10-15 years older before he retired.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
He’s already said he won’t sign with the bears because of Nagy
I think he's said enough things in the media too that make it almost impossible for things to come together for him in Chicago. I did not know he had a personal issue with Nagy, Nagy isn't a great coach but he's not a bad guy.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think he's said enough things in the media too that make it almost impossible for things to come together for him in Chicago. I did not know he had a personal issue with Nagy, Nagy isn't a great coach but he's not a bad guy.
I edited my post with the video above

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
He’s already said he won’t sign with the bears because of Nagy

Am I missing something about his unceremonious ending here in Chicago? Didn't Pace extend him to a decent chunk of change? Wasn't he given every opportunity to play when he was healthy? I don't recall (though maybe it happened) him being kicked in the ass on the way out. Seems like a team is well within their right to cut a guy who costs a lot and can't seem to see the field.

I'm glad I never bought into his brotastic douchebaggery.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Am I missing something about his unceremonious ending here in Chicago? Didn't Pace extend him to a decent chunk of change? Wasn't he given every opportunity to play when he was healthy? I don't recall (though maybe it happened) him being kicked in the ass on the way out. Seems like a team is well within their right to cut a guy who costs a lot and can't seem to see the field.

I'm glad I never bought into his brotastic douchebaggery.
I agree - I think the Bears did right by him. He even said he'd come back to the Bears at a low cost if it wasn't for the coaching staff. Reading behind the lines, I just don't think he likes Nagy. He's posted stuff on twitter before making fun of Nagy and his coaching techniques. I believe Ted Larsen got into that mix as well.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I agree - I think the Bears did right by him. He even said he'd come back to the Bears at a low cost if it wasn't for the coaching staff. Reading behind the lines, I just don't think he likes Nagy. He's posted stuff on twitter before making fun of Nagy and his coaching techniques. I believe Ted Larsen got into that mix as well.
He admits pretty clearly that he understand why he was cut in the video. Sounds like he just wants a fresh start and a chance to be an NFL player again. He has baggage in Chicago and it sounds like he wants to go somewhere without baggage.

He was cooked. The Bears were absolutely right to do what they did and he seems to acknowledge that.