Calling u out

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because every playoff team is max capped or close to it.

If a playoff team needs cap space to get a guy they think will put them over the top, they will give up assets for the cap space.
What you're describing is an offseason move,TDL moves have been expiring contracts going one way and picks coming back.
My point is,why would a team give up it's first to save a few months worth of salary?
We see players go this TDL almost every year,we gave up a 1st for Ladd,the Jets gave up a 1st for Stasny and then again for Hayes and many more.
I'm not saying the Hawks shouldn't or wouldn't pick up a contract to get a 1st back but it sure as hell won't be an expiring contract and the player involved probably won't be much either.........possibly bought out.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
What you're describing is an offseason move,TDL moves have been expiring contracts going one way and picks coming back.
My point is,why would a team give up it's first to save a few months worth of salary?
We see players go this TDL almost every year,we gave up a 1st for Ladd,the Jets gave up a 1st for Stasny and then again for Hayes and many more.
I'm not saying the Hawks shouldn't or wouldn't pick up a contract to get a 1st back but it sure as hell won't be an expiring contract and the player involved probably won't be much either.........possibly bought out.
They aren't giving up picks to save salary they are giving it up to free up cap space to make an acquisition for a cup run. Doubt it would be a first but I will take any picks the more the merrier. Always able to package to move up.

Target35

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Toronto FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Totally agree with BigBarn27 , this is a fun team to watch grow to potentially a cup contender in a few years . They are competitive , young and still have some young assets in the farm system to complement whats already here . The trade deadline will be interesting as they do have some vets like DeHann , Walmart. Sodeberg that teams contending this year will want for their stretch drive .
JC is starting to sound like a head coach and the buy in from the vets I think has a lot to do with it and as mentioned lets not forget who there missing right now , which in a way has enabled them to realize the talent of the young players quicker which should help in future evaluations . Rather be where we are now with a young promising team versus a team full of veteran players who have under delivered over the past 5 years .

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Totally agree with BigBarn27 , this is a fun team to watch grow to potentially a cup contender in a few years . They are competitive , young and still have some young assets in the farm system to complement whats already here . The trade deadline will be interesting as they do have some vets like DeHann , Walmart. Sodeberg that teams contending this year will want for their stretch drive .
JC is starting to sound like a head coach and the buy in from the vets I think has a lot to do with it and as mentioned lets not forget who there missing right now , which in a way has enabled them to realize the talent of the young players quicker which should help in future evaluations . Rather be where we are now with a young promising team versus a team full of veteran players who have under delivered over the past 5 years .
Those veterans might have been worn out from winning cups and an infusion of youth would have helped too but we saw little until this year. All those cup winners will be gone in a few years.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I know it's still early but IMHO it's time to recognize that this team is not the one many were hating on before the season began. Led by vets Kane, Cat and Keith, these guys are playing hard and getting points. We've found a goalie. We just took 3 points from a solid contender. And we're doing it without Dach and Toews. Time to give JC and this team their props.

This will be one of the greatest call out threads ever! Notice now some of these guys are using the weak division excuse, heh.

Blackhawks realigned due to covid division has both Stanley cup finals teams from last year in the Lightning and Dallas Stars.

The new dooms day reports is the march schedule is the real test now so expect the usual from the same posters, hehhehehe

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Calling people out for having low expectations of a team who's own GM said NOT to expect a competitive squad this year after a 3rd of a season........priceless!
Raise your hand if you predicted a PO team this year and bump the post saying so or STFU!

The fact is,neither the positive or the negative saw much to be excited about before the year started and that makes the 'I told you so' bullshit ring HOLLOW!

Last edited:

gopher72

Liked Posts:
C'mon. Lighten up. We r all Hawks fans here. The consensus on this forum before the season began was 1) the team sucked 2) JC couldn't coach in the bigs and 3) Stan was a moron. The consensus got 1 of 3 right. No one I can remember and I mean no one predicted with Dach and Toews out that this team would be 2 pts out of 1st place after 21 games.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
C'mon. Lighten up. We r all Hawks fans here. The consensus on this forum before the season began was 1) the team sucked 2) JC couldn't coach in the bigs and 3) Stan was a moron. The consensus got 1 of 3 right. No one I can remember and I mean no one predicted with Dach and Toews out that this team would be 2 pts out of 1st place after 21 games.
I'm trying to keep that in mind--that the kids so far have outdone themselves (much like 2008).

The team's team D strategy still worries me. Passing is sloppy and they're giving up way too many chances.

The play of rookies occasionally devolves into rookie mistakes (and the play of some vets devolves into rookie mistakes).

There are some bad habits and tendencies to work out.

Stan actually has to do the job of a GM and move the team forward. That means guys who are not showing much have to be left off the roster for better personnel--even if it's a "training" move as opposed to a "get them out of the indianhead" move. Keeping Boqvist, over Beaudin, is a prime example.

The team got absolutely schooled by Detroit in the 1st game. That's the negative. The rebounded as well as they could have...that's the positive.

IMHO crowning the team as a true SC contender at this point is very short-sighted. Even in 2009 the consensus was that the 'hawks had to prove themselves against powerhouses like Detroit...and they didn't...yet.

This are looking very positive, I'll concede that--anyone should. The flipside though is that they have only won 4 games by 2 or more goals where the go-ahead-by-2-goal was not the result of an empty-netter . They've been in games, but they haven't really dominated against any team other than Detroit or Columbus--both of which are Sub-.500 teams. They haven't really gotten blown out much, either. Right now they seem to be around middle-of-the-pack-at-the-bubble. That's far better than I had them even with Toews and Dach, but it's not a cup favorite. In fact, their Point% has them at 14th in the league.

Being the bloody ray of fucking sunshine that I am, I'm looking at this as baby steps. I thought this year would be analogous to 2006, but it's more like 2008. Maybe next year is more like 2009 where they mad a deep run.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Let's be real for a moment here. @MassHavoc
Ultimately though, I don't think this is a team going anywhere. Any team with a good offense is going to give the 'hawks fits (Florida, Tampa, and likely Dallas). Any team with good defense (Tampa, Nashville, likely Dallas) will contain our O.

OOops!

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
While you're going back to bump old post,do us a favor and bump the preseason or early season post of yours calling for a successful season......just ONE......we're waiting!

Granada

Liked Posts:
While you're going back to bump old post,do us a favor and bump the preseason or early season post of yours calling for a successful season......just ONE......we're waiting!

It's funny that the people who get off on making "call out" threads are the ones that never had the balls to make a prediction either way in the first place. Lol

Bust

Liked Posts:
It's funny that the people who get off on making "call out" threads are the ones that never had the balls to make a prediction either way in the first place. Lol

Naw some of us were content with the 3 cups and knew the run wasn't going to last forever and the inevitable rebuild was going to happen.

The rest of the Posters like you and hsboob sat here fuming for years tho, hah

Ooops!

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No traffic on these boards?

Wouldn't have anything to do with them being trolled by cunts who have no actual interest in talking about hockey would it?
Dam shame our mature,sage-like wisdom is lost on Peter Pans and other assorted punks and bitches!

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Naw some of us were content with the 3 cups and knew the run wasn't going to last forever and the inevitable rebuild was going to happen.

The rest of the Posters like you and hsboob sat here fuming for years tho, hah

Ooops!

Ooops!!!!!

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ooooops... Boqvist shines again. Eat shit hockey novices.
I honestly haven't had much interest in hockey the past couple years but I've been watching the Hawks lately in anticipation of going to the @ Panthers game next week. And you're not kidding, i'm loving what I'm seeing from Boqvist. Most of the cup core is washed, Toewz is ageing and not a huge fan of DuhBrincat. If Boq keeps this up, i can easily see him being the best dman on the team in a few years.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Who will rise to become the next core!?!