CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I said it in the beginning of the season that Sato probably is better to start. I think White is great in the 6th man role.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Nice to see WCJ and Coby respond to the benching.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I didn't even think Coby had been playing that bad overall, but good to see the team and those two in particular respond well to the adjustment.

It's a move that makes sense really, puts 2 facilitators in Thad and Sato into the starting group and allows Lavine and Markkanen to be more of the focal points while Coby brings scoring off the bench with Otto. Funny enough Pat Williams was the high scorer after all that, but we'll see what happens after a few more games.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I didn't even think Coby had been playing that bad overall, but good to see the team and those two in particular respond well to the adjustment.

It's a move that makes sense really, puts 2 facilitators in Thad and Sato into the starting group and allows Lavine and Markkanen to be more of the focal points while Coby brings scoring off the bench with Otto. Funny enough Pat Williams was the high scorer after all that, but we'll see what happens after a few more games.

I dont think Coby was bad either. Just not the right PG to run the offense. He might be better as the 6th man role.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I dont think Coby was bad either. Just not the right PG to run the offense. He might be better as the 6th man role.
Well it's been apparent to everyone this year that he's not a PG at this point in time, but could definitely be that 6th man. Was hoping he'd be able to grow into the PG role, but perhaps that's still possible. As far as getting wins, this rotation is probably better suited to everyone's strengths at the moment.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I know WCJ will force a trade and bitch, before getting the same treatment at his next stop. But 6th man of the year, a scoring spark off the bench, is a great role for White and important to any contender. If he can do that he is no bust, and can follow legends like Jamal Crawford, B.Gordon, Stackhouse, Lou Williams before him.

It's a prestigious role on a good team. Moreso than starting on a bad one. Imo.

Those 15 points punch like 30. Its like having "heavy hands" in boxing.

Your stars can enjoy their rests and build a team joy, them return mentally and physically refreshed and not desperate or carrying seemingly all the load.

This is exactly why we have needed a legitimate coach to see these things. He can thrive in this role and so can WJC if he accepts it.
WTF? In what universe would ever give anyone, including WCJ himself, the notion that is the type of player that can demand a trade and anyone gives a turkey?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Coby has a negative 0.4 VORP...the same as he had last year, which is basically basketballs version of WAR and means he’s been a below average NBA guard. According to analytics his offense has been better this season, but his defense has been worse this season...which makes sense considering he’s been having to guard the other teams starting PG instead of their backup PG.