Roy Robertson-Harris gets $14,000,000 guaranteed (Jags)

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Good for him.

The Bears should likely get a comp pick out of it.

They can almost afford another Foles.

msadows

Liked Posts:
RRH is a Pace success story. Undrafted. Got a lot of use. Potential comp pick. He's exactly what good teams do. If Pace had drafted Mahomes or Watson instead of Mitch we'd be praising Pace as a top GM for RRH.

Barring the trubisky snafu, Pace has been very good. Had he drafted Mahomes/Watson he'd be a top 3 GM in the nfl.

Issue is the clown keeps missing at QB.

He's found a ton of good playing in the late rounds and as UDFA's.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Can’t believe chargers didn’t pick him up. That should show you it’s an overpay

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Barring the trubisky snafu, Pace has been very good. Had he drafted Mahomes/Watson he'd be a top 3 GM in the nfl.

This is where I'm at with Pace too. Outside of QB I have no major complaints about him. The offensive talent could obviously use upgrading but it's been good enough to make the playoffs two of the past three years with awful QB play. The defense has carried us so no complaints there either.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
RRH is a Pace success story. Undrafted. Got a lot of use. Potential comp pick. He's exactly what good teams do. If Pace had drafted Mahomes or Watson instead of Mitch we'd be praising Pace as a top GM for RRH.

Yeah, and if Anatoly Dyatlov wasn't responsible for Chernobyl he'd have had a pretty good career as a nuclear engineer.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

He hired a arena league doofus for a coach, missed on all but 1 1st round picks, paid a giraffe $15M for 4 games has had 1 winning season in 6, is 12 games under .500 and has fucked the cap by kicking money down the street to future years as a GM. He is way more than a good QB pick from being even average as a GM.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He hired a arena league doofus for a coach, missed on all but 1 1st round picks, paid a giraffe $15M for 4 games has had 1 winning season in 6, is 12 games under .500 and has fucked the cap by kicking money down the street to future years as a GM. He is way more than a good QB pick from being even average as a GM.

Now compare all that to the average GM. They miss as much as they hit.

Not going to do this again, but some guy on reddit ranked GM's drafts and pace was like 13th. Yes, thats including his first round busts.

Huxster

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chuffed to fuck for him the kid came in worked hard bulked up when asked and has been a good lineman, it's not his fault the Jags overpaid

shoez90

Liked Posts:

And the reasons why he picked him over Mahomes or Watson is gonna black eye him/us. Busts happen but you don't go that high on basically unproven talent. FA, late in the draft gamble all you want but he screwed the pooch big time on that one and every win those two get is gonna be a jab in his gut for years to come.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Not going to do this again, but some guy on reddit ranked GM's drafts and pace was like 13th.

Well if a guy on reddit says so.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Not going to do this again, but some guy on reddit ranked GM's drafts and pace was like 13th. Yes, thats including his first round busts.
You have to know how ridiculous this sounds, right???

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

But imagine if he could draft early in the draft.... Omg. That would be special.

That's why I think he should crowd source the first two rounds and then do his thing.

We'd have had watson for sure at three and wouldn't have traded up for Floyd, and White... Prolly 50/50 on the white pick. Kid looked like a beast and had no injury concerns until he had his lower legs replaced with balsa before training camp..

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I keep hearing this over and over, but is there any statistical evidence that Pace is significantly better in the latter rounds of the draft than other GM's, or is this just an illusion based on the fact he sucks in the first two?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I keep hearing this over and over, but is there any statistical evidence that Pace is significantly better in the latter rounds of the draft than other GM's, or is this just an illusion based on the fact he sucks in the first two?
He hasn't sucked in R2.

Perspective

Liked Posts:

How did he miss on all but one first round draft pick? Roquan is all pro caliber and Floyd is a legit starter in the league who was part of the players that were responsible for the top D in the league .... it's a team game so yeah Donald's outer worldly and so is Ramsey but Floyd is not a bust for a top 10 pick .... quite the contrary .... sacks close to 10 and does a lotof other things like shutting down run game/TEs etc very well ....things that do not show up on stat sheets

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
It drives me crazy when people praise Pace for his “late” round picks. What the hell have those late round picks produced? 1 winning season, which turned out to be a complete fluke. Just because a player looks okay in Chicago, which sets the bar pretty low, doesn’t mean they are actually any good.

Now people will say, “well he doesn’t have an QB”. Fuck that!! Hes failed to even get close to finding an average QB but this team is still in bad shape with or without a QB.

Pace has failed to get the Oline fixed. He’s fielding the oldest defense in the league which is also highly overpaid. He can’t figure out the AROB contract. He hired a terrible terrible terrible coach. While putting the team in cap hell and limited draft capital over is now 7 years.

Pace is bottom 5 NFL GM and it’s not even a question when you look the complete picture.