CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Stayed with them till the end. Regroup and get after it on Saturday

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I'm going to tell everyone what the problem is;

Bustvist.

When he was corona'd how many times did the Hawks lose?

You have a guy that's so damn sheltered it effects the rest of the D.

Farabee is an elite talent, Dobson is gonna be a stud, and Walstrom is solid.

All taken after Gusvist

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Bustvist.

All taken after Gusvist

Gosh this is depressing ?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Hawks are who we thought they would be, a growing, developing team. There will be growing pains. Kids will get better(we hope), peaks and valleys.

Yeah, they need a bit more than effort to beat teams like Tampa or Florida. But they're on the come....a lot closer to where we want them to be than I thought before the season started. They can still hold onto 4th as they can beat anyone else in this division but the top three but I'm really not sure that's such a good idea. They will get bounced in hurry by whoever they catch in the first round, so what's the point. They need some more young talent through the draft or trade. Reap the rewards by taking on a couple of expiring big contracts and go from there.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:

Bustvist.

All taken after Gusvist

The problem is that the Hawks are who we knew they were before the season started (maybe a bit better than expected). They are losing to very good-great teams.

There was a spot in the schedule that they took advantage of against bad teams, and even played very well vs better teams like Dallas and Carolina, but they have no shot vs teams like the Lightning in the long run.

Boqvist has been playing pretty well. He is improving on the actual defense part, but he has a lot of talent for sure.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Keith -3
Boqvist -1

The so called hall of famer continues to underperfom and Fartino cant stand it lmao

KBIB

Liked Posts:
The problem is that the Hawks are who we knew they were before the season started (maybe a bit better than expected). They are losing to very good-great teams.

There was a spot in the schedule that they took advantage of against bad teams, and even played very well vs better teams like Dallas and Carolina, but they have no shot vs teams like the Lightning in the long run.

Boqvist has been playing pretty well. He is improving on the actual defense part, but he has a lot of talent for sure.
I never said he wasn't talented.

I don't think the Hawks need a strictly offensive defenseman.

It didn't work with Gus, it isn't working here.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never said he wasn't talented.

I don't think the Hawks need a strictly offensive defenseman.

It didn't work with Gus, it isn't working here.

Maybe you need to refocus a little bit, Beavis.

You are so mad that I'm right about Boqvist that now you're backpedaling lmao.

It's almost embarassing to watch... but, please continue.

Bust

Liked Posts:
The Hawks are who we thought they would be, a growing, developing team. There will be growing pains. Kids will get better(we hope), peaks and valleys.

There was a spot in the schedule that they took advantage of against bad teams, and even played very well vs better teams like Dallas and Carolina, but they have no shot vs teams like the Lightning in the long run

So are you saying they are a mid tier (4th thru 6th slot) team with a bunch of rooks on the roster? No Way Jose!!

They can surprise in the playoffs if they can get everyone back (Toes, Dach, Shaw, etc). Also have cap flexibility if they want to take advantage of a cap strapped team when gm's go into sell mode.

Granada

Liked Posts:

Yes. It's safe to say we were all surprised by how the rookies were playing, but they've cooled off now, understandably -- especially Mitchell, Kurashev, Suter, and unfortunately Lankinen.

I've cooled my hatred of Colliton from when he was first hired and ever since he's learned to stop smirking like some dipshit in every post-game interview (including ones after his team just lost 7-2). Honestly, the guy is growing on me, but I really don't understand not putting Strome on Kane's/Debrincat's line. I mean, Carpenter on that line? Really? He even put Kampf there at one point. Maybe he wanted a more defensively aware player on that line, but Strome was humming last night, his speed was evident, he even scored -- just didn't make much sense to not put him on that line, even if he is a detriment at faceoffs. It's also kind of funny how many Q haters always criticized his line-juggling, when Colliton does it just as much if not more so.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Yes. It's safe to say we were all surprised by how the rookies were playing, but they've cooled off now, understandably -- especially Mitchell, Kurashev, Suter, and unfortunately Lankinen.

I've cooled my hatred of Colliton from when he was first hired and ever since he's learned to stop smirking like some dipshit in every post-game interview (including ones after his team just lost 7-2). Honestly, the guy is growing on me, but I really don't understand not putting Strome on Kane's/Debrincat's line. I mean, Carpenter on that line? Really? He even put Kampf there at one point. Maybe he wanted a more defensively aware player on that line, but Strome was humming last night, his speed was evident, he even scored -- just didn't make much sense to not put him on that line, even if he is a detriment at faceoffs. It's also kind of funny how many Q haters always criticized his line-juggling, when Colliton does it just as much if not more so.
The thing I don't get is, why not have a purely sheltered first line in Cat/Strome/Kane?

Bread/Kane was ridiculously sheltered and Strome is a huge upgrade over Anisimov. Strome has shown he can win FO's when he feels like it and when the Hawks lose possession just point him towards the bench and be done with him.

I still don't understand JC's fascination with Kampf and playing him above his weight class. He's a rock solid fourth line center and probably a top five fourth line center in the league. Why is this guy on the ice with Kane or Cat? I'm really not seeing why Kubi is stuck playing with him and if it wasn't for Hagels nonstop motor Kubi would be wasted at even strength.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Snag Rasmus Dahlin from the Sabres!

Robin Lehner can be had from Vegas. He a 5 million cap hit 2nd stringer. He's had a tough season, wasn't playing well, got hurt and won't see much playtime as Fleury is outplaying him. Press is on his butt too...