Thoughts on Kyle Trask in Rd 2?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I get the pick wouldn't be as sexy as Mac Jones, but what I have read about the kid's profile is that he is extremely accurate and has a strong arm. The main issue is that he isn't mobile, which is The fad that is in the NFL right now with quarterbacks.

But that's also why I think the Bears will go offensive tackle in round one, because Andy Dalton isn't the most mobile quarterback anyway.

There is also some overlap in terms of skill sets and intelligence that would make it easier for Trask to learn from a quarterback like Andy Dalton who has some similarities to himself from a skill set standpoint.

The other part of this is that because Trask is not mobile, it has forced him to learn how to read defenses in order to be an effective quarterback.

Only thing is I have not seen the kid play but I'm curious if others have...

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I get the pick wouldn't be as sexy as Mac Jones, but what I have read about the kid's profile is that he is extremely accurate and has a strong arm. The main issue is that he isn't mobile, which is The fad that is in the NFL right now with quarterbacks.

But that's also why I think the Bears will go offensive tackle in round one, because Andy Dalton isn't the most mobile quarterback anyway.

There is also some overlap in terms of skill sets and intelligence that would make it easier for Trask to learn from a quarterback like Andy Dalton who has some similarities to himself from a skill set standpoint.

The other part of this is that because Trask is not mobile, it has forced him to learn how to read defenses in order to be an effective quarterback.

Only thing is I have not seen the kid play but I'm curious if others have...
He will get killed in the NFL.

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
I’m not a Trask expert by any means, but I would disagree with the characterization of him being strong armed. Seems adequate, but that’s it.

His deep ball accuracy is so-so to me and it may be related to his lack of arm strength.

I do like that he sort of has defied the odds to get to this point. Seems like a recurring theme with good qb’s.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Trask wouldn't survive behind our OL. Once the pocket collapses, I don't see him reading D on the move and making plays outside the pocket.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I'd like him better than Mac Jones.

He's extremely accurate, has an okay arm, with very low mobility. His accuracy is unparalleled.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Trask wouldn't survive behind our OL. Once the pocket collapses, I don't see him reading D on the move and making plays outside the pocket.
Of course you don't.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I’m not a Trask expert by any means, but I would disagree with the characterization of him being strong armed. Seems adequate, but that’s it.

His deep ball accuracy is so-so to me and it may be related to his lack of arm strength.

I do like that he sort of has defied the odds to get to this point. Seems like a recurring theme with good qb’s.
Your wrong about his accuracy. He has a very nice deep ball. My concern is that Mullen is a great maximizer of QB talent, so how much growth is left in his game is a mystery. Throw in Nagy as a QB whatever is the opposite of savant and anyone not T Lawrence is a question mark.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
If he's available, Pace almost has to take him...right??? Unless someone projected way higher drops that far. But for the most part, you have to take him. I dont think he will be there.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Not every QB needs to be mobile to be successful, but it’s not a fad. The ability to be a dynamic playmaker is a valuable tool you can put alongside your other tools.

It can also help make up for a lot of other issues with yourself and your team.

Biscuit

Liked Posts:
I'd like him better than Mac Jones.

He's extremely accurate, has an okay arm, with very low mobility. His accuracy is unparalleled.

I agree. He’s accurate, can read defenses, and look off defenders. Arm is adequate. He’s got Ben R type size, and can move a little bit when necessary. He’s got a puncher’s chance to be very good in the NFL, and I believe he represents good value at #20. He might go in the 2nd round, or he could go 1st round to Washington #19 or Pittsburgh #24.

Gators opened as 23 point dog to Alabama and played them close. Both Jones and Trask played well in that game. If either is available at #20, I hope the Bears take him.

Trask vs Alabama 4 mins

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not a big fan but round 2, sure. Anybody that gets drafted gets a while to show from me so even in one, I won't bitch too hard. QB is hard to project and it works both ways.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I dont know enough about him but I'm not sure if he has the athleticism to be a good NFL qb.
Have you noticed that whole Tom Brady winning seven Super Bowls thing?