dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
andy dalton has been in the same tier as nick foles for a couple seasons now. he didn’t exactly light the world on fire last season in dallas with a loaded offense did he?

edit: lol changed “loser” to loaded

Hmmmmmm Foles and Dalton.....the two QB's your boy Nagy had the loudest voice for us to trade for/sign.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I just thought that if the Bears wanted to go with a small upgrade short term vet then Fitzpatrick was a better choice than Dalton, and he signed for basically the same contract.

I personally wanted the Bears to start a rebuild or at least retool, this defense is no longer a 17-18 PA defense, and I suspect the Dalton run offense will have very similar production to what we saw last year, albeit with a lot less "WTF was that?!?" throws/decisions.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I just thought that if the Bears wanted to go with a small upgrade short term vet then Fitzpatrick was a better choice than Dalton, and he signed for basically the same contract.

I personally wanted the Bears to start a rebuild or at least retool, this defense is no longer a 17-18 PA defense, and I suspect the Dalton run offense will have very similar production to what we saw last year, albeit with a lot less "WTF was that?!?" throws/decisions.

Trubisky was pretty horribly inaccurate early in the season, and Foles just didn't have the arm. so I would say Dalton should theoretically alleviate all of that. what he's capable of is probably being understated. obviously that's a big drop off from Watson/Wilson, but probably not the end of the universe. worst case scenario the Bears do actually go 2-15, that's not happening though.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd say a franchise, MOBILE, quarterback can perform when the OL is crap. I don't think that a drop-back passer (Montana, Marino type) can succeed if he has less than 2.5 seconds to throw.

I'll give you that. even the greats like Brady have struggled in front of a severe pass rush and a failing offensive line.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I give you Trent Dilfer, Nick Foles, and Joe Flacco, all of whom won SB's in the 2000's. If they can do it, AD (who is much better than all of those guys) can do it. Now, the Bears will need a solid OL and an amazing defense, but it can be done. Heck, Eli Manning won two.....
You are right, the Bears will need a solid line and an amazing defense if we are to have any chance at a Superbowl, and after what we saw happen to Mahomes, I think you can say with full confidence that is the case with any team and QB.

BTW, Andy Dalton can not even sniff Joe Flacco's jock when it comes to playoff results.

Joe has 15 playoff games and his record is 10-5, he finished the 2012 (SB MVP) postseason having completed 73-of-126 (57.9 percent) passes for 1,140 yards with 11 touchdowns and zero interceptions, tying Montana and Kurt Warner for the most touchdowns in a single postseason[71] and additionally tying Montana for the most touchdowns without an interception in a single postseason.[72] Flacco's 117.2 passer rating tied him for third place all-time with Steve Young in a Super Bowl-winning postseason.[72]

What is Andy Dalton's playoff record? 0-4 with 1 TD and 6 interceptions......

He might be a great guy, but he will have his hands full even holding on to the starting job in Chicago against Foles and a possible rookie......

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I still say the Bears are going to trade for Darnold just before the draft.
It better be a conditional 6th rounder (we have like 22 of those), because the Jets are sitting at #2 and they will have a great choice of QBs to pick from. That leaves Darnold as the Back-up.

I'm not saying that I would be 100% against it, because the reality is we do not have much leverage in the draft picking at 20, so perhaps he is the only solution that has future potential....

Many will blame Darnold's lack of production on the Jets coaching staff, well what makes any of us think that our staff is any better?

I say pass, but it would not surprise me if this would be yet another "Bears move" to try and fix the position.

twetz

Liked Posts:
Then what would you all be saying? Who would be your QB1? Trubisky? Foles? Or just tank the whole season and try to get a good draft pick for the next year?

You all go on and on about getting one of these rookie QB's in the draft, as if they are going to magically work out. Who can say Mac Jones is going to work out? You liking how A. J. McCarron is doing? Who can say any of those guys are going to be great QB's? At least AD is a proven winner who can be successful in this league as long as he has an offensive line that can block.

As an AD fan, I'm honestly starting to wish he hadn't signed with the Bears. The negativity here is terrible. A few of you are pretty great, reasonable people, but the vast majority of what I am reading and hearing is just unrelenting, insufferable negativity.

You have a really good QB here, a great guy, an excellent leader, super consistent, a true pro, someone that the City of Chicago could rally around, but all you do is trash and abuse him. It's gross.

Sure, he has a winning record: first five years in Cincinnati - 50 wins and 26 losses. Next 5 seasons, four in Cincy, one in Dallas, 24 wins and 40 losses. In regard to your assessment to place the blame on the offensive line, Andy and his agent must not have done their homework because he is going to a team whose offensive line play has been less than stellar.

As for my choice of QB1, I haven't quite completed my homework, but I'll get back to you after Chad Kelly throws at Ole Miss's pro day. Unfortunately, Johnny Manziel just can't be talked out of his new golf career. Ouch, that one hurts, right?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Marriota sucks. nobody wanted to trade for him and now he's a 3.5mil backup.

Mitch sucks, now he's a 2.5mil backup.

Foles blows chucks! 8 td's, 8 ints, 80.8 rating and he's a devilish 6.66mil backup

Dalton's most recent body of work was the final 7 games after he came back from concussion/covid and actually got some practice reps before he played - unlike prior in the season.

He went 13 td's, 5 ints, 95.5 rating against good defenses, unlike Mitch.

thats average, which is more then you can say for the 3 above and something they haven't got from the QB position in quite awhile..
Funny thing is if were are playing selective recent body of work, Trubisky went 10td's, 5 ints, 95.88rating after coming back from benching.

In reality, he barely cracks an 80 rating the last 2 seasons, hasn't hit 90 in 4 years. Delude yourself all you want but Andy Dalton is as far from average as Trubisky or Foles, maybe further.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Funny thing is if were are playing selective recent body of work, Trubisky went 10td's, 5 ints, 95.88rating after coming back from benching.

In reality, he barely cracks an 80 rating the last 2 seasons, hasn't hit 90 in 4 years. Delude yourself all you want but Andy Dalton is as far from average as Trubisky or Foles, maybe further.

I didn't spin anything, that was his most recent body of work against good defenses, unlike Mitch.
I'm not concerned with his 2019 numbers on a ghastly 2-14 Bengals team. I prefer to compare apples to apples.
I'm not deluding myself at all, RR is what he is but as you stated he is a better alternative than Foles/Trubs.
There wasn't any rabbit to be pulled out of a hat here, simple as that.

Last edited:

Rise

Liked Posts:
Marriota sucks. nobody wanted to trade for him and now he's a 3.5mil backup.

Mitch sucks, now he's a 2.5mil backup.

Foles blows chucks! 8 td's, 8 ints, 80.8 rating and he's a devilish 6.66mil backup

Dalton's most recent body of work was the final 7 games after he came back from concussion/covid and actually got some practice reps before he played - unlike prior in the season.

He went 13 td's, 5 ints, 95.5 rating against good defenses, unlike Mitch.

thats average, which is more then you can say for the 3 above and something they haven't got from the QB position in quite awhile..

fair enough if you think dalton is worth the upgrade and the sacrifice of fuller I can at least understand the position. I don’t agree but we will see, let me ask you this what stats do you expect next year from dalton and what would you consider a success from him?