Trade Deadline/Future Line discussion

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I think it's interesting that ESPN has to pay attention to the trade deadline this year.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Stand pat be the third wheel for a team like Maple Laughs or a true contender. Take on a couple bad contracts that expire at the end of the season. Hold out for 1sts or 2nds and higher level prospects.

let’s take someone to the shed like Carolina did to us taking Teuvo in the Bigfoot trade.
I think now is the perfect opportunity to pick off a really talented young kid from a team who has him buried behind vets and isn't going to get much run on playoff teams. Picks are great, but I feel like we're already working with a lot of those on the team. Unless they are good enough to bundle to move up in a draft to a spot that you can't miss, I'm not super impressed with Bowman's draft results considering he's traded away all but what 1 or 2 first rounders now? We're going to be too mediocre to have a great draft pick and anyone we're trading with won't either.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think now is the perfect opportunity to pick off a really talented young kid from a team who has him buried behind vets and isn't going to get much run on playoff teams. Picks are great, but I feel like we're already working with a lot of those on the team. Unless they are good enough to bundle to move up in a draft to a spot that you can't miss, I'm not super impressed with Bowman's draft results considering he's traded away all but what 1 or 2 first rounders now? We're going to be too mediocre to have a great draft pick and anyone we're trading with won't either.

You don't always have to be terrible to have a great draft. But you need to draft not necessarily the best players but the right players. That's where having options like extra picks come in handy as you try to move around the draft board. It's nice to have those picks in your pocket as trade chips to move up a few spots to get the guy you want. Take on a couple bad contracts...get some picks for your trouble. Move some excess baggage like Soderberg, Dehaan or Carpenter....get some more picks. You need your GM to be heads up guy. Does that describe Bowman? Not really, but hopefully he will prove all of us wrong.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
before we say we have no faith in Stan lets remember he has done some good with his picks

Chicago Blackhawks Acquire:
Chicago Blackhawks

Victor Ejdsell · $0 (AHL/JR)
2018 1st round pick (NSH - #27 - Nicolas Beaudin)
2018 4th round pick (NSH - #120 - Philipp Kurashev)
Sum: $0
Change: -$863,333
Trade
Nashville Predators Acquire:
Nashville Predators

Ryan Hartman · $863,333
2018 5th round pick (CHI - #131 - Spencer Stastney)
The problem out there is there are not anyone who needs to move just this years contracts. Teams want you to take on a James Neil or Ladd. Do we make a move with someone for a player who still has 2 years left? I dont think so. so we are trying to facilitate maybe a taylor hall trade to someone and just retain most of his salary, and really what would that be worth I dont know . I am not a big Stan fan but we are stuck together and his deals have not been all bad. He has a lot of work between now and the start of next year.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Staying the course is an absurd notion, a GM has a duty to improve the roster. We are in great position to add draft capital and/or prospects by assuming a salary dump. Remember we had to purge what seemed like endless talent due to cap constraints, and we paid in picks & prospects in order to facilitate those trades.

Same idea now, only we are the flip side of that equation. Bring on the shite contracts!

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Do what needs to be done to improve the team, bring in bad contracts, acquire draft capital. Do what was done once to you. The Hawks are not good enough right now, with Toews being a ??? moving forward and the uncertainty of the kids, the team cannot be status quo, Stan has to wheel and deal and not accept the current state of the team.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
In my head I know you guys are right. The heart is not a fan of it.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
With Ghost on waivers, think the Hawks should try to claim him. Change of scenery might do him good, and he could be DeHann replacement when Seattle takes him.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
With Ghost on waivers, think the Hawks should try to claim him. Change of scenery might do him good, and he could be DeHann replacement when Seattle takes him.
You're assuming Seattle *will* take him.

In order to meet exposure requirements right now, the 'hawks will have to expose 2 forwards under contract for 2022 (Carpenter and Highmore are most likely), they have 2 D-men meeting exposure requirements (Bowey and DeHaan), and 2 Goaltenders (likely Subban and Delia).

Depending on who else is available around the league, I could see Seattle taking Carpenter or Subban over DeHaan.

Plus, the last thing Chicago needs is another underperforming D-man on defense especially with bringing the kids along.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Who is Ghost?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Stan Bowman has just traded for Eric Nesterenko.

(Google it)

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
You did call it.
I will go to the penalty box for two minutes and feel shame.
What a joke, the team has a plethora of kids in the system that are chomping at the bit for a chance to prove themselves and the idiot goes and trades for a player that obviously was traded the first time for a reason.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The last thing I need to see is another small framed forward,especially a retread but we might be losin' a few vets at the TDL and VH didn't cost much at all. I believe Fla intended to play Vinny when they acquired him since he had 61 points in the two previous seasons and 25 points in 50 games for the Hawks in his last season here. The Cats must have a half dozen young bottom six forwards who have played well so far and Vinny never got a chance to get er goin' this year.
The guy still leaves it all out there and he's a tough Lil Dude,if he's no good he can occupy a spot on the taxi squad.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Great effort versus Nashville today, and people around here still believe this team has a competent coach and GM. 2 wins in the last 10 games, it’s all rainbows and lollipops when you can beat the piss out of a shit poor team like the Red Wings, this team is terrible from top to bottom, Kane, Dcat and Lankinen are the only reasons this team has a 500 record, until this team gets a real GM and coach they will flat out suck, today was a perfect example when the oppositions coach draws up a real coaching strategy, the Hawks get killed. they were atrocious once again.