Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Back problems likely reoccur. There are healthy O-line and WRs in this draft. Why take an injury risk? If he was an injury risk, I want someone who was a top 5-10 pick. Not a top 15.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Back problems likely reoccur. There are healthy O-line and WRs in this draft. Why take an injury risk? If he was an injury risk, I want someone who was a top 5-10 pick. Not a top 15.

Daniel Jeremiah had him ranked as the 5th best prospect prior to the procedure.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He is a great prospect, you don't find CBs with that combo of length, size, quickness, and awareness often.

Tough though to gamble on that injury with where the Bears are right now imo.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Daniel Jeremiah had him ranked as the 5th best prospect prior to the procedure.
Then let good teams like TB, GB, Then take a chance on him. They have take a hit if Farley can’t play. Bears can’t afford for 1st to fail again. They need players right away and contribute.

Pace already fucked up many 1st rounders. White, Trubs, and Floyd. He can’t take a huge risk like Farley.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
DeliciousMistyGrison-size_restricted.gif
in this one you can see that Farley is tracking the ball with it's shadow from sunlight.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
No way Pace takes an already injured player with our first.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Caleb Farley: NFL teams will see my back surgery is not an issue

Virginia Tech cornerback Caleb Farley has the talent to be a Top 10 pick in the 2021 NFL draft, but his health may be a red flag.

Farley had surgery a couple weeks ago for a herniated disc, but he said NFL teams checking his medical history will see that he’s fine.

“When the teams look at the imaging and get the real information I don’t think it will be an issue,” Farley said, via the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “I accepted my draft invite so I’ll be in Cleveland. If a team wants the best corner in the draft, they’ll come find me.”

Farley said he originally injured his back a year ago while deadlifting and only decided a month ago to have the surgery.

“I did a great job managing over a year but that bulge is still in my S1 and unfortunately I irritated it a month ago, which caused me to pull back on my training,” Farley said. “I was trying to cut back and manage the inflammation to come out here on pro day and put up some crazy numbers. But after talking to Dr. (Robert) Watkins, getting the MRI and getting things looked at, we were advised it would be best to go ahead and fix this problem so I will be ready for training camp and ready for the season. It was not a recurring disc or anything like that. What I had previously worked on is still intact. It was great news. I’m actually excited about this.”

If Farley is 100 percent healthy, some NFL team will be excited to have him.

Caleb Farley: NFL teams will see my back surgery is not an issue - ProFootballTalk

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
... Farley's agent was talking about him being ready for camp because the procedure was outpatient, but chatter around the league is he may fall into the 2nd. That's how it played out with Jaylon Smith and the Cowboys.

That's how it played out for another CB named Jaylon Johnson.

Diff is the type of injury. I cringe at the back stuff. Very hard to predict & recover from. Pace cannot afford to gamble right now on this.

Trade down YES if still able to land a starting OT or fallen star at WR, etc. in first while gaining another 2nd or 3rd, which is also extra valuable with this deep WR/OT class creating guys falling even further with the many QBs going early.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
With Brad Biggs' mock having us taking Farley at 20 it's a concern. Without the injury risk he is a top 15 talent. Don't like drafting higher pick CBs in back to back drafts. Makes resigning them more difficult. Rather draft a WR or OT in round 1.
Not sure if he's the right choice but in this instance, re-signing them would be 2 years apart.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
OP doesn't understand the concept of Cover 2 zone defensive scheme in the 2nd ND vignette that Farley recognized (albeit too late) that the safety wasn't going to get over the top to the sideline part of his zone in time.

That was a very smart play/route by 83 on ND (don't know if it was a designed out and up/'chair route' or just a 5 yard out pass that he improvised on.) An opposing WR's job is to recognize when there's zone and find the soft spot which happened when he went to the soft spot under the safety and above the CB.

But because it's the time of year where people need cringeworthy hot takes for individual player achievements like 'he lost his focus on his assignment' or 'he's too aggressive/chases interceptions' when his assignment wasn't man coverage on #83 because *gasp* defensive coordinators don't revolve their schemes around 1 guy like pundits like to make it seem this time of year.

'A' for effort on scouting report otherwise.