Mock Drafts

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
You don’t take Trask in the first. He’s probably still running his 40!

To borrow a quote from Patton, you don’t win by drafting qbs like Trask in the first. You win by getting other teams to draft Trask in the first.

Trask is ALL hype. He threw to Pitts and got bailedout by the talent around him. He’s just not very good and grass grows slower than he runs (thank you Bootleg Football for that one).

So, I know it’s a mock and all but no. You never take Trask in the first. We made the mistake in 1999 of drafting a qb in the first because everyone else was and so why couldn’t we. 1999 is significant because qb went 1-3 in the draft.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
You don’t take Trask in the first. He’s probably still running his 40!

To borrow a quote from Patton, you don’t win by drafting qbs like Trask in the first. You win by getting other teams to draft Trask in the first.

Trask is ALL hype. He threw to Pitts and got bailedout by the talent around him. He’s just not very good and grass grows slower than he runs (thank you Bootleg Football for that one).

So, I know it’s a mock and all but no. You never take Trask in the first. We made the mistake in 1999 of drafting a qb in the first because everyone else was and so why couldn’t we. 1999 is significant because qb went 1-3 in the draft.
Grass grows slower than everybody runs though.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
The PFF trades are so bad. There has never been a team desperate enough to trade a 1st, 2nd and two 3rds to move up 6 spots in the back half of the 1st round. That's just a ridiculous trade. Moving up to 15 by giving up a future 5th would never happen. And why are you trading up and then trading back? First of all, that would never happen in the 10 minutes you have on the clock. Secondly, every trade you get more back for trading back than you give up to move up further. Simply makes no sense.

I know these mock machines are fun, so not trying to be a killjoy. But let's not act like any of these things are realistic for the Bears to go from 8 picks to 12 picks with all those extra picks coming in the top 120.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So, I did one with positional needs in mind and no manipulations or player research other than some quick vids of the last RBs remaining on the last pick. The only guy I'm kinda familiar with is Mills and thought him a little bit of a reach. I guess PFF like him. I've been lazy watching vids this year. I usually have a couple sleepers for the late rounds that I really like but nothing, at least, so far this year. The last pick seemed easy after watching about 1/2 minute of the 5 RBs that ranked close at that spot. Less result concerned with results than actual ability in the trenches and LB level.

1617287582995.png

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here is McShay’s updated mock draft:

1. 1. Jacksonville Jaguars
  2. Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
  3. Lawrence is the best quarterback prospect I've seen in nearly a decade, and the Jaguars obviously want a game-changer under center as the Urban Meyer era begins. But can they surround the Clemson QB with talent? Jacksonville signed Marvin Jones Jr. in free agency to pair with James Robinson, DJ Chark Jr. and Laviska Shenault Jr. in what should be a much-improved offense, but also remember that the Jags have 10 picks, including three more over the first two rounds. Stay tuned!
  4. 2. New York Jets
  5. Zach Wilson, QB, BYU
  6. Could a team move up to No. 2 and send the Jets a package similar to -- if not exceeding -- what the Dolphins got from the 49ers? It's possible. But the Jets could very well move on from Sam Darnold and start fresh with Wilson at quarterback. He fits so well with the modern NFL, showing the ability to make plays on the run, the arm strength to drive the ball vertically and the instincts to tuck and run for big gains when necessary. But similar to the Jags, the Jets have to get Wilson support. They brought in Corey Davis, Keelan Cole Sr. and Tevin Coleman over the past few weeks and now have nine total picks to work with.
  7. 3. San Francisco 49ers (via MIA/HOU)
  8. Mac Jones, QB, Alabama
  9. The Niners sacrificed first-rounders over the next two years and then some to skip the line. Which player did they do it for? Coach Kyle Shanahan surely has his guy in mind already, and it's going to be a QB -- teams don't make these types of massive early deals for non-QBs. I'm hearing a lot of noise about Jones being the 49ers' preference. He is accurate and reads the field so well, which helps assuage some mobility concerns. Plus, he excels when passing in the pocket or off play-action, two staples of Shanahan's system. San Francisco paid a hefty price, but quarterback was in need of an upgrade. Now it just has to hope it selects the right one.
  10. 4. Atlanta Falcons
  11. Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
  12. Man, this one was tough. Do the Falcons take advantage of the opportunity to take their QB of the future while they have the high pick, or do they turn their attention to the elite offensive playmakers available. QB Trey Lance could again be the pick, with the chance to learn behind Matt Ryan, but frankly Pitts is just too difficult to pass on. He is a unique talent and a mismatch for any opponent. His 6-foot-6 size, speed and hands would cause fits for defensive coordinators, especially when they already have to account for Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley.
  13. 5. Cincinnati Bengals
  14. Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU
  15. Chase is the best wide receiver in the class, and he set then-SEC records in 2019 with Bengals QB Joe Burrow under center for LSU. An opt-out in 2020, Chase is a physical matchup for any cornerback, and he is incredible at tracking and adjusting to the ball in the air. Tight end Kyle Pitts could be the guy if he were available, and no one is claiming that the Riley Reiff signing closed the door on the draft's top two tackles -- Oregon's Penei Sewell and Northwestern's Rashawn Slater -- here either. But Chase is a dominant playmaker who would make an immediate impact outside. Also watch for a potential trade back: There are plenty of teams eyeing quarterbacks Trey Lance and Justin Fields (Ohio State) in this range.
  16. Reunited QB-WR duos
  17. Ja'Marr Chase reunites with former LSU QB Joe Burrow, while DeVonta Smith again catches passes from Alabama product Tua Tagovailoa. The most NFL receiving yards for a former-college-teammate QB/WR duo since 1978? BYU's Marc Wilson and Todd Christensen had 2,581, per Elias Sports Bureau.
  18. 6. Miami Dolphins (via PHI)
  19. DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
  20. I love Miami trading out of No. 3, picking up additional draft picks -- including a 2023 first-rounder -- and still getting one of the players it would have been looking at in its original slot. Will Fuller V is only on a one-year deal, and bringing in Smith to join him and DeVante Parker would give Tua Tagovailoa the weapons he needs in the passing game. Smith is an explosive and savvy route runner, and let's not forget that he was one of Tagovailoa's favorite targets in Tuscaloosa.
  21. Trade: The Panthers slide up one spot to secure their QB
  22. Why jump just one slot? Well, Atlanta wouldn't trade within its division, and I think Cincinnati and Miami are happy with their choices in their spots. That leaves a swap with Detroit, blocking another team's trade up and giving the Panthers their pick of either Trey Lance or Justin Fields. The Lions, meanwhile, aren't in the QB market and would probably be able to draft the same player at No. 8 that they would have at No. 7 -- all while picking up assets. I think a third-round pick (No. 73) would make sense, given the top-10 nature of the move and the fact that it's for a quarterback.
  23. 7. Carolina Panthers (via mock trade with DET)
  24. Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State
  25. Teddy Bridgewater didn't do enough in 2020 to instill confidence that he's the guy for coach Matt Rhule, and Lance has a big arm, reads the field well and is productive as a runner. But with a 17-game résumé at the FCS level, he will require time to learn and develop before he is given the reins in Joe Brady's offense. Drew Brees retired, and Matt Ryan (35) and Tom Brady (43) aren't getting any younger, so why not draft a franchise QB now to set the Panthers up in the evolving NFC South?
  26. 8. Detroit Lions (via mock trade with CAR)
  27. Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama
  28. There is one of the top four pass-catchers left here and a glaring void in the Detroit wide receiver room after Kenny Golladay and Marvin Jones Jr. signed elsewhere. (Sorry, Tyrell Williams and Breshad Perriman aren't going to cut it as No. 1 options in a division that includes Davante Adams, Allen Robinson II, Justin Jefferson and Adam Thielen.) Waddle is an elusive burner, giving new QB Jared Goff someone to look for early and often each week.
  29. 9. Denver Broncos
  30. Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama
  31. Our first defensive player checks in at No. 9. Depending on what GM George Paton thinks of QB Drew Lock, Justin Fields could be in play -- as could a trade back with another QB-needy franchise. But Surtain is instinctive and a natural playmaker, and the Broncos' 2020 opponents had an 86.3 QBR when targeting receivers. Even after bringing in Ronald Darby and Kyle Fuller, cornerback sticks out as a position seeking impact players. (Fuller is on a one-year deal.)
  32. 10. Dallas Cowboys
  33. Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina
  34. Jourdan Lewis is back in Dallas, but the Cowboys still want to upgrade the cornerback position opposite Trevon Diggs. Perhaps it's Virginia Tech's Caleb Farley, though his back procedure might cause concern. Instead, I'm tabbing Horn, a speedy and versatile press corner. The Cowboys gave up 34 passing touchdowns last season, so expect them to address that area here -- unless they opt to help protect the $160 million man, QB Dak Prescott, with one of the class's top tackles.
  35. Trade: The Patriots go get the final 'Big Five' QB
  36. I'm not sure the Patriots would jump into the top 10 for a QB, but hopping four spots for one is very much a possibility. The Giants could certainly stay put and draft Penei Sewell, but they could also be looking at defense -- which means a slide back makes some sense. And for their troubles, the Patriots would likely send them something in the ballpark of a third-rounder this year (No. 96) and either a second- or third-rounder in 2022.
  37. 11. New England Patriots (via mock trade with NYG)
  38. Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
  39. Even after the Niners' move up the board, it doesn't appear Jimmy Garoppolo is in the cards this season for the Patriots. And while they brought back Cam Newton, the veteran is only signed for a year at $3.5 million guaranteed. The Pats haven't spent a first-round pick on a QB since 1993 (Drew Bledsoe), but now is the time. Fields is accurate downfield and can develop into a top-tier starter for a team searching for stability at the position in the post-Tom Brady era.
  40. 12. Philadelphia Eagles (via MIA/SF)
  41. Micah Parsons, ILB, Penn State
  42. Let's start with the bad news: As we thought might be the case, the Eagles miss out on the top four pass-catchers in the class after their trade out of No. 6 overall. That's a problem. The WR room has Jalen Reagor, Greg Ward and Travis Fulgham as the top three options, not leaving QB Jalen Hurts in the best position to find success in an evaluation period. But here's the good news: The Eagles hold 11 picks this year (the most in the NFL) in a draft with a deep receiver class, the 2022 first-rounder received in the trade will certainly prove valuable, and Philly can still land a guy like Parsons here. He can do a little bit of everything in the middle of this defense.
  43. 13. Los Angeles Chargers
  44. Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
  45. Because he opted out in 2020, scouts are watching Sewell's game tape from 2019 -- when he was blocking for Justin Herbert at Oregon. Let's reunite them. It's a bit of a shock to see my third-ranked prospect fall this far, but nine of the top 12 picks were QBs or offensive playmakers, causing a mini-slide. The Chargers aren't complaining. Corey Linsley and Matt Feiler were solid signings in free agency, but this offensive line still needs work. And Sewell is the best lineman in the class.
  46. 14. Minnesota Vikings
  47. Rashawn Slater, OT/G, Northwestern
  48. Slater is super versatile and could play any of the five positions along the Vikings' line. That's a good thing, because it has a lot of holes -- Minnesota gave up 39 sacks in 2020, lost Riley Reiff and only added Mason Cole to the mix in free agency. After rebooting the secondary, the Vikings now have to be focusing on protecting Kirk Cousins and opening lanes for Dalvin Cook.
  49. 15. New York Giants (via mock trade with NE)
  50. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, ILB, Notre Dame
  51. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Giants look at USC guard Alijah Vera-Tucker, but they just took three linemen in the first five rounds last year, including Andrew Thomas at No. 4 overall. And while the defense was stellar last season, getting defensive coordinator Patrick Graham a versatile, rangy, fast, instinctive linebacker like Owusu-Koramoah will help keep it that way.
  52. Trade: Dolphins make yet another first-round move
  53. With this deal, every NFC West team will have made a first-round trade, and the Dolphins will have made four moves in all involving 2021 first-round picks. But when you have four picks in the first two rounds, you can afford to hop around a bit if there's a player you're enamored with. The Dolphins move from No. 18 to No. 16, and the Cardinals walk away with more draft capital. I'd say it could return a third-rounder (No. 81) or perhaps something like a fifth-rounder (No. 156) and a 2022 fourth-rounder for Arizona.
  54. 16. Miami Dolphins (via mock trade with ARI)
  55. Alijah Vera-Tucker, G, USC
  56. With DeVonta Smith off to help Tua Tagovailoa, we can now look to protection. Vera-Tucker has played tackle, but he's a better fit at guard in the NFL. Miami took 34 sacks last season, and Tagovailoa was blitzed at the fourth-highest rate in the league (35.3% of his dropbacks).
  57. 17. Las Vegas Raiders
  58. Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU
  59. The Raiders were one of seven teams to allow north of 260 passing yards per game last season. In a division with Patrick Mahomes and Justin Herbert, that's a significant issue. Moehrig is the class's top safety and has terrific ball skills, which might help improve the Raiders' total of 10 interceptions in 2020. Las Vegas could also look at Christian Darrisaw (Virginia Tech) or Alijah Vera-Tucker if he is still available after dismantling its offensive line over the past month.
  60. 18. Arizona Cardinals (via mock trade with MIA)
  61. Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech
  62. Patrick Peterson is off to Minnesota, both starting outside corners -- Malcolm Butler and Robert Alford -- signed one-year deals and Byron Murphy Jr. is mainly a nickelback. Farley had a back procedure at the end of March, and though it isn't expected to impact his training camp availability, it's a concern. Still, he is the best cover corner in the class and fits what the Cardinals are looking for on the outside.
  63. 19. Washington Football Team
  64. Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech
  65. The signing of Curtis Samuel means Washington likely won't take Florida receiver Kadarius Toney, who has a similar skill set, and there really isn't another receiver in this range. And other big need areas don't have any value here either, including quarterback, linebacker and tight end. I think it's slightly early for Darrisaw -- a smooth and powerful zone blocker -- but he is certainly one of the top tackles, and Washington would be able to beat the OT rush that likely begins toward the end of Round 1.
  66. 20. Chicago Bears
  67. Kadarius Toney, WR, Florida
  68. Chicago is likely out of reach to trade up for a top-five QB, at least without completely leveraging the organization's future. So it might as well give Andy Dalton -- and his eventual replacement -- another playmaker to work with, even after placing the franchise tag on Allen Robinson II. Toney is a different kind of receiver: He isn't polished, but he's versatile and explosive. Get the ball to him and he'll make things happen. The Bears could use that skill set on offense.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ahh, that mock is trash, Sewell drops to 13? No effing way, if Sewell is on still available and the Lions draft Waddle, I am ripping my dick off.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Here is McShay’s updated mock draft:

1. 1. Jacksonville Jaguars

2. Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson

3. Lawrence is the best quarterback prospect I've seen in nearly a decade, and the Jaguars obviously want a game-changer under center as the Urban Meyer era begins. But can they surround the Clemson QB with talent? Jacksonville signed Marvin Jones Jr. in free agency to pair with James Robinson, DJ Chark Jr. and Laviska Shenault Jr. in what should be a much-improved offense, but also remember that the Jags have 10 picks, including three more over the first two rounds. Stay tuned!

4. 2. New York Jets

5. Zach Wilson, QB, BYU

6. Could a team move up to No. 2 and send the Jets a package similar to -- if not exceeding -- what the Dolphins got from the 49ers? It's possible. But the Jets could very well move on from Sam Darnold and start fresh with Wilson at quarterback. He fits so well with the modern NFL, showing the ability to make plays on the run, the arm strength to drive the ball vertically and the instincts to tuck and run for big gains when necessary. But similar to the Jags, the Jets have to get Wilson support. They brought in Corey Davis, Keelan Cole Sr. and Tevin Coleman over the past few weeks and now have nine total picks to work with.

7. 3. San Francisco 49ers (via MIA/HOU)

8. Mac Jones, QB, Alabama

9. The Niners sacrificed first-rounders over the next two years and then some to skip the line. Which player did they do it for? Coach Kyle Shanahan surely has his guy in mind already, and it's going to be a QB -- teams don't make these types of massive early deals for non-QBs. I'm hearing a lot of noise about Jones being the 49ers' preference. He is accurate and reads the field so well, which helps assuage some mobility concerns. Plus, he excels when passing in the pocket or off play-action, two staples of Shanahan's system. San Francisco paid a hefty price, but quarterback was in need of an upgrade. Now it just has to hope it selects the right one.

10. 4. Atlanta Falcons

11. Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida

12. Man, this one was tough. Do the Falcons take advantage of the opportunity to take their QB of the future while they have the high pick, or do they turn their attention to the elite offensive playmakers available. QB Trey Lance could again be the pick, with the chance to learn behind Matt Ryan, but frankly Pitts is just too difficult to pass on. He is a unique talent and a mismatch for any opponent. His 6-foot-6 size, speed and hands would cause fits for defensive coordinators, especially when they already have to account for Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley.

13. 5. Cincinnati Bengals

14. Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU

15. Chase is the best wide receiver in the class, and he set then-SEC records in 2019 with Bengals QB Joe Burrow under center for LSU. An opt-out in 2020, Chase is a physical matchup for any cornerback, and he is incredible at tracking and adjusting to the ball in the air. Tight end Kyle Pitts could be the guy if he were available, and no one is claiming that the Riley Reiff signing closed the door on the draft's top two tackles -- Oregon's Penei Sewell and Northwestern's Rashawn Slater -- here either. But Chase is a dominant playmaker who would make an immediate impact outside. Also watch for a potential trade back: There are plenty of teams eyeing quarterbacks Trey Lance and Justin Fields (Ohio State) in this range.

16. Reunited QB-WR duos
  17. Ja'Marr Chase reunites with former LSU QB Joe Burrow, while DeVonta Smith again catches passes from Alabama product Tua Tagovailoa. The most NFL receiving yards for a former-college-teammate QB/WR duo since 1978? BYU's Marc Wilson and Todd Christensen had 2,581, per Elias Sports Bureau.

18. 6. Miami Dolphins (via PHI)

19. DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama

20. I love Miami trading out of No. 3, picking up additional draft picks -- including a 2023 first-rounder -- and still getting one of the players it would have been looking at in its original slot. Will Fuller V is only on a one-year deal, and bringing in Smith to join him and DeVante Parker would give Tua Tagovailoa the weapons he needs in the passing game. Smith is an explosive and savvy route runner, and let's not forget that he was one of Tagovailoa's favorite targets in Tuscaloosa.

21. Trade: The Panthers slide up one spot to secure their QB

22. Why jump just one slot? Well, Atlanta wouldn't trade within its division, and I think Cincinnati and Miami are happy with their choices in their spots. That leaves a swap with Detroit, blocking another team's trade up and giving the Panthers their pick of either Trey Lance or Justin Fields. The Lions, meanwhile, aren't in the QB market and would probably be able to draft the same player at No. 8 that they would have at No. 7 -- all while picking up assets. I think a third-round pick (No. 73) would make sense, given the top-10 nature of the move and the fact that it's for a quarterback.

23. 7. Carolina Panthers (via mock trade with DET)

24. Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State

25. Teddy Bridgewater didn't do enough in 2020 to instill confidence that he's the guy for coach Matt Rhule, and Lance has a big arm, reads the field well and is productive as a runner. But with a 17-game résumé at the FCS level, he will require time to learn and develop before he is given the reins in Joe Brady's offense. Drew Brees retired, and Matt Ryan (35) and Tom Brady (43) aren't getting any younger, so why not draft a franchise QB now to set the Panthers up in the evolving NFC South?

26. 8. Detroit Lions (via mock trade with CAR)

27. Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama

28. There is one of the top four pass-catchers left here and a glaring void in the Detroit wide receiver room after Kenny Golladay and Marvin Jones Jr. signed elsewhere. (Sorry, Tyrell Williams and Breshad Perriman aren't going to cut it as No. 1 options in a division that includes Davante Adams, Allen Robinson II, Justin Jefferson and Adam Thielen.) Waddle is an elusive burner, giving new QB Jared Goff someone to look for early and often each week.

29. 9. Denver Broncos

30. Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama

31. Our first defensive player checks in at No. 9. Depending on what GM George Paton thinks of QB Drew Lock, Justin Fields could be in play -- as could a trade back with another QB-needy franchise. But Surtain is instinctive and a natural playmaker, and the Broncos' 2020 opponents had an 86.3 QBR when targeting receivers. Even after bringing in Ronald Darby and Kyle Fuller, cornerback sticks out as a position seeking impact players. (Fuller is on a one-year deal.)

32. 10. Dallas Cowboys

33. Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina

34. Jourdan Lewis is back in Dallas, but the Cowboys still want to upgrade the cornerback position opposite Trevon Diggs. Perhaps it's Virginia Tech's Caleb Farley, though his back procedure might cause concern. Instead, I'm tabbing Horn, a speedy and versatile press corner. The Cowboys gave up 34 passing touchdowns last season, so expect them to address that area here -- unless they opt to help protect the $160 million man, QB Dak Prescott, with one of the class's top tackles.

35. Trade: The Patriots go get the final 'Big Five' QB

36. I'm not sure the Patriots would jump into the top 10 for a QB, but hopping four spots for one is very much a possibility. The Giants could certainly stay put and draft Penei Sewell, but they could also be looking at defense -- which means a slide back makes some sense. And for their troubles, the Patriots would likely send them something in the ballpark of a third-rounder this year (No. 96) and either a second- or third-rounder in 2022.

37. 11. New England Patriots (via mock trade with NYG)

38. Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State

39. Even after the Niners' move up the board, it doesn't appear Jimmy Garoppolo is in the cards this season for the Patriots. And while they brought back Cam Newton, the veteran is only signed for a year at $3.5 million guaranteed. The Pats haven't spent a first-round pick on a QB since 1993 (Drew Bledsoe), but now is the time. Fields is accurate downfield and can develop into a top-tier starter for a team searching for stability at the position in the post-Tom Brady era.

40. 12. Philadelphia Eagles (via MIA/SF)

41. Micah Parsons, ILB, Penn State

42. Let's start with the bad news: As we thought might be the case, the Eagles miss out on the top four pass-catchers in the class after their trade out of No. 6 overall. That's a problem. The WR room has Jalen Reagor, Greg Ward and Travis Fulgham as the top three options, not leaving QB Jalen Hurts in the best position to find success in an evaluation period. But here's the good news: The Eagles hold 11 picks this year (the most in the NFL) in a draft with a deep receiver class, the 2022 first-rounder received in the trade will certainly prove valuable, and Philly can still land a guy like Parsons here. He can do a little bit of everything in the middle of this defense.

43. 13. Los Angeles Chargers

44. Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon

45. Because he opted out in 2020, scouts are watching Sewell's game tape from 2019 -- when he was blocking for Justin Herbert at Oregon. Let's reunite them. It's a bit of a shock to see my third-ranked prospect fall this far, but nine of the top 12 picks were QBs or offensive playmakers, causing a mini-slide. The Chargers aren't complaining. Corey Linsley and Matt Feiler were solid signings in free agency, but this offensive line still needs work. And Sewell is the best lineman in the class.

46. 14. Minnesota Vikings

47. Rashawn Slater, OT/G, Northwestern

48. Slater is super versatile and could play any of the five positions along the Vikings' line. That's a good thing, because it has a lot of holes -- Minnesota gave up 39 sacks in 2020, lost Riley Reiff and only added Mason Cole to the mix in free agency. After rebooting the secondary, the Vikings now have to be focusing on protecting Kirk Cousins and opening lanes for Dalvin Cook.

49. 15. New York Giants (via mock trade with NE)

50. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, ILB, Notre Dame

51. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Giants look at USC guard Alijah Vera-Tucker, but they just took three linemen in the first five rounds last year, including Andrew Thomas at No. 4 overall. And while the defense was stellar last season, getting defensive coordinator Patrick Graham a versatile, rangy, fast, instinctive linebacker like Owusu-Koramoah will help keep it that way.

52. Trade: Dolphins make yet another first-round move

53. With this deal, every NFC West team will have made a first-round trade, and the Dolphins will have made four moves in all involving 2021 first-round picks. But when you have four picks in the first two rounds, you can afford to hop around a bit if there's a player you're enamored with. The Dolphins move from No. 18 to No. 16, and the Cardinals walk away with more draft capital. I'd say it could return a third-rounder (No. 81) or perhaps something like a fifth-rounder (No. 156) and a 2022 fourth-rounder for Arizona.

54. 16. Miami Dolphins (via mock trade with ARI)

55. Alijah Vera-Tucker, G, USC

56. With DeVonta Smith off to help Tua Tagovailoa, we can now look to protection. Vera-Tucker has played tackle, but he's a better fit at guard in the NFL. Miami took 34 sacks last season, and Tagovailoa was blitzed at the fourth-highest rate in the league (35.3% of his dropbacks).

57. 17. Las Vegas Raiders

58. Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU

59. The Raiders were one of seven teams to allow north of 260 passing yards per game last season. In a division with Patrick Mahomes and Justin Herbert, that's a significant issue. Moehrig is the class's top safety and has terrific ball skills, which might help improve the Raiders' total of 10 interceptions in 2020. Las Vegas could also look at Christian Darrisaw (Virginia Tech) or Alijah Vera-Tucker if he is still available after dismantling its offensive line over the past month.

60. 18. Arizona Cardinals (via mock trade with MIA)

61. Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech

62. Patrick Peterson is off to Minnesota, both starting outside corners -- Malcolm Butler and Robert Alford -- signed one-year deals and Byron Murphy Jr. is mainly a nickelback. Farley had a back procedure at the end of March, and though it isn't expected to impact his training camp availability, it's a concern. Still, he is the best cover corner in the class and fits what the Cardinals are looking for on the outside.

63. 19. Washington Football Team

64. Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech

65. The signing of Curtis Samuel means Washington likely won't take Florida receiver Kadarius Toney, who has a similar skill set, and there really isn't another receiver in this range. And other big need areas don't have any value here either, including quarterback, linebacker and tight end. I think it's slightly early for Darrisaw -- a smooth and powerful zone blocker -- but he is certainly one of the top tackles, and Washington would be able to beat the OT rush that likely begins toward the end of Round 1.

66. 20. Chicago Bears

67. Kadarius Toney, WR, Florida

68. Chicago is likely out of reach to trade up for a top-five QB, at least without completely leveraging the organization's future. So it might as well give Andy Dalton -- and his eventual replacement -- another playmaker to work with, even after placing the franchise tag on Allen Robinson II. Toney is a different kind of receiver: He isn't polished, but he's versatile and explosive. Get the ball to him and he'll make things happen. The Bears could use that skill set on offense.
Sewell to 13? Pace should try and move up for him if he’s available at 10!

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If Darrisaw slide past 16, I would give a 6th to move up a couple of spots for him.