Nagy to call plays

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Well it’s over. I’m tired of this shit. His hubris is off the charts.

"It was Heistands fault, no wait
..It was Jordan Howard's fault, no wait
..it was Mark Helfreich's fault, no wait
..it was Mitch's fault, no wait
.. it was Nick Foles fault...

but now we have Andy. Everyone will finally see my genius!"

(and this is why there is NO WAY Nagy is going to play a rookie this season in his offense imo)

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Pretty in-line with what's expected. His system requires a QB that can read a defense, make his progressions and deliver the ball accurately: something that Trubisky could never do. Dalton is better equipped to handle the duties. To me, this feels like the Bears' brass saying "ok so Trubisky sucks but prove to me your offense and your ability to run it works."

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Pretty in-line with what's expected. His system requires a QB that can read a defense, make his progressions and deliver the ball accurately: something that Trubisky could never do. Dalton is better equipped to handle the duties. To me, this feels like the Bears' brass saying "ok so Trubisky sucks but prove to me your offense and your ability to run it works."
that’s not the point though. Nagy is not a good play caller. his ability to find a QB hasn’t been determined IMO.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
"It wasn't my playcalling, it was Mitch. See those last few games with Lazor calling plays?"

Honestly though, I don't think this is a big deal. The play designs suck and the QB sucks and the OL sucks, so the play calls will suck. But I will say, I think Nagy should loosen up a bit. In 2018, he was calling a lot of innovative things, doing things with formations, putting linemen in the backfield. He needs to get back to that stuff. Saw almost 0 of that in 2019 and 2020, and when he did call it, it messed up the offensive rhythm.

BBBF

Liked Posts:
Tank is on, staring with EVERY SINGLE PRESS CONFERENCE.

SMH

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
good, just more reason to fire him if it doesnt work out again

Liked Posts:
There is little to no chance Nagy is successful next year. Not because of the roster (although this is important), but rather because he has proven time and time again how incapable he is at being a successful play caller over the past 3 years.

We need one more year of this? This is the definition of insanity.

The bears are committed to having a losing year, that's what it is. They know Nagy is gone in 2022 and are willing to have him lead the tank next year.