IST: Cubs vs Pirates

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Cubs gonna Cubs. Offense generates 1 hit and 6 strikeouts. And so it continues.....

Edit: update through 7 innings = 1 hit and 11 strikeouts.

Last edited:

jts1207

Liked Posts:
So sick of the demeanor of the entire team... all smiles, joking with the other team, zero intensity ....all while getting your teeth kicked in. The WS is long gone

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Love opening day over reactions. But, the Yankee fans booing Stanton probably tops it all. lol

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Only good thing about Covid is forcing both the NBA and NHL seasons to run deep into baseball season. Not that our Chicago entrys are any bargin in those sports either....but nothing in sports is more tedious than watching a baseball team that can't hit. And as Cub fans, we've been subjected to this shit for awhile.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I'll say this... for as bad as the bats were today I was encouraged by their ability to capitalize on the few scoring chances they had. I mean when you get 3 runs off 6 base runners(2 hits 4 walks) it's nice.

46plank

Liked Posts:
I'll say this... for as bad as the bats were today I was encouraged by their ability to capitalize on the few scoring chances they had. I mean when you get 3 runs off 6 base runners(2 hits 4 walks) it's nice.
First positive thing so far.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
No offense at all today. Yikes

greg23

Liked Posts:
Outscored pit the last 2 innings

Do that all year and we'll win alot of games

#winning

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
I like the lineup...if only we be able to hit the ball, though

Bust

Liked Posts:
Cubs gonna Cubs. Offense generates 1 hit and 6 strikeouts. And so it continues.....

Edit: update through 7 innings = 1 hit and 11 strikeouts.

Leadoff spot has been a void since Fowler left. Ian Happ at the top spot? Yuck.

Heyward with the usual 0-4 at bats. One of the worst cub free agent signings.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I missed this board. Chi fans are the best in life

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
I don’t think Ross is gonna make it past next year to be honest.

Yeah this year is going to suck for the reason why we probably won't get anything for Baez or Bryant. These guys cannot hit. No one is going to give Baez a 10y $100 deal because his game is seriously flawed. He's been chasing that low away crap for 6 years. Does anybody think he can figure it out? Bryant has the same problem. He cannot hit. He strikes out all the time and makes weak contact. Does anybody think this guy has trade value when he goes 0-4 frequently. If these 2 are hitting around .200 at the break were screwed. Were screwed anyway because it's going to probably take 4 years to build a team that can realistically compete. No Theo Epstein either which means we're probably not going to ever be a perennial competitor. This team should have won at least 2 if not 4 or 5 after 2016. But you douche the best center fielder you have ever had. And you make some stupid trade. Jose Quintana? We lost one of the best hitters in MLB. And a front line starter to boot. Jimenez should have been untouchable.
This team has serious problems that if management didn't know about they are blind or more likely they want to finish last and get draft picks. There has to be a smarter way to rebuild without losing embarrassingly for years. Some one please call Tom Ricketts and tell him his hotels won't make nearly as much money if the team sucks. Appeal to his greed because even though he is a cubs fan he has an expected return on his investment. Again the cubs won't make as much money if the team sucks. Welcome to MLB hell.

Last edited:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
But you douche the best center fielder you have ever had.

Statement of the year. Fowler a CF equal to Happ in skill set that fell off the table in STL. changed the history of a generation because he was the best CF the Cubs have EVER had.

For a team that has been around sense 1875 that is pretty pathetic that they have never had a CF measure up to that stud Fowler.

?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I do remember how the base screamed in agony in 2009 after trading their god DeRosa. I'm shocked that Milton Bradley didn't get fire bombed for replacing the holy one.

utijmhQ.png

Last edited:

Bust

Liked Posts:
Pirates have a team payroll of 40 million, 2nd lowest in mlb.

Cubs lost the opener to a farm team.

Last edited:

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Lol @ those on here thinking arrieta was going to have any sort of a bounce back year. He’s washed up hot garbage at this point.

took him 27 pitches to get thru the first inning against the worst team in baseball. Going to be a rough year for the cubs

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Lol @ those on here thinking arrieta was going to have any sort of a bounce back year. He’s washed up hot garbage at this point.

took him 27 pitches to get thru the first inning against the worst team in baseball. Going to be a rough year for the cubs

I'm not making any conclusions after 1 start against a bad team, but a stat line of 6IP/ 6H/ 1R/ 1BB/ 5K is an impressive season debut.