Ross Tucker thinks the hate on Matt Nagy has gone too far because he's never had a losing season and did it all with a 2.5M backup QB

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It's OK to put your post in the actual body of the post rather than the thread title. ?

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
I’m not sure about all of this, but I just got my first Pfizer dose. When she did the injection, I farted a bit and scared the young Hispanic girl next to me.
The fart is going to interact with the vaccine. You are going to be zombie case #1

Brandon Marshall

Liked Posts:
I don't disagree. He get's shit on WAY too much IMO.

BUT...... if a guy is brought in to fix the offense and it still looks this bad after three years then that's a problem.

I think many fans credit Fangio's defense for Nagy's record. And there is truth to that.
I fully agree with you here. He's not without fault but the hate seems over the top. He has the opportunity to fix most of his flaws this next season. Roster issues fall of Pace and it is then up to the (hopefully) new GM if he thinks Nagy can continue to progress or not (assuming he fixes the flaws he can control).

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
he was literally a back up last season.... not to mention when he did start, his numbers were less than impressive with one of the best supporting casts around him.

the facts simply don’t agree with you here.
3 pro bowls in his 1st 6 years and started more than 1/2 the available games every year in the league. He got caught out last year when cut after the draft and everyone had already secured their QB. I'm not a big fan but he's better than what we had and good enough for Nagy to work with, especially since our OC knows him well.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
3 pro bowls in his 1st 6 years and started more than 1/2 the available games every year in the league. He got caught out last year when cut after the draft and everyone had already secured their QB. I'm not a big fan but he's better than what we had and good enough for Nagy to work with, especially since our OC knows him well.
how many years ago was his 1st 6 years? the NFL stands for Not Very Long.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you're an offensive genius, you don't need Pat Mahomes to have an average or better offense. Dalton has been on some average offenses in the past. If Nagy can't get this offense to be at least average with Dalton, he needs to go. Nagy needs to show that his offense can actually work. I expect the Bears defense to be worse, so Nagy actually has to earn his money this year. If with Dalton, the offense is still bottom of the league, Nagy needs to go.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Nagy is stubborn and seemingly hard headed but is also young and probably/hopefully going through growing pains albiet at our expense. A lot of it has been infuriating and I was hoping he got the axe.
But what nobody here is mentioning is that he is a great head coach and definitely pulled out some extra wins due to the team chemistry and belief he created. Yes he lost other games due to stubbornness but let's not be manic - if we don't accept/tell the whole story we won't learn from it.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Nagy is stubborn and seemingly hard headed but is also young and probably/hopefully going through growing pains albiet at our expense. A lot of it has been infuriating and I was hoping he got the axe.
But what nobody here is mentioning is that he is a great head coach and definitely pulled out some extra wins due to the team chemistry and belief he created. Yes he lost other games due to stubbornness but let's not be manic - if we don't accept/tell the whole story we won't learn from it.
Nagy is the Cordarrelle Patterson of head coaches. On occasion he shines and looks like he knows what he's doing. You might even be mistaken in that he could use the glimmer of hope as momentum, only to delay the game and net negative yardage on the proceeding 3rd down.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I don’t really remember all of the ins and outs of last year’s off-season, but who would have been a better choice than Foles? We needed to bring someone in, right?

Daniel, as was well documented, was mainly here as a coach for Trubisky—nobody expected him to do much on the field.

I do think it’s pretty silly that he is so set on running “his offense”.
Rivers was better even though it would only have been for one season.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
how many years ago was his 1st 6 years? the NFL stands for Not Very Long.
Ignore the fact that he was the designated starter year before last and started most of the games last year as well. Last year was the exception when Cinci had the 1st pick in the draft, took the consensus top player and decided to remove doubt and groom him quickly by starting him. Releasing Andy that late was a bitch move by the Bengals. They had the 1st pick. What were they waiting for? Teams assumed he'd be there to groom and weren't waiting for him. Who knows, maybe the Bengals were considering to try and make the kind of trade that could fix the team for a decade.

It's interesting how you completely ignored my post that was specifically on topic, Nagy, and continue to fixate on Dalton. Dalton isn't calling plays, managing the clock or making personnel decisions. He's definitely meh but there's enough there to be ably to judge whether Nagy has grown. For me, individual evaluations of coaches and players is not strictly about record.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rivers was better even though it would only have been for one season.
Rivers was about as mobile as Foles and would have suffered a similar fate last year.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Ignore the fact that he was the designated starter year before last and started most of the games last year as well. Last year was the exception when Cinci had the 1st pick in the draft, took the consensus top player and decided to remove doubt and groom him quickly by starting him. Releasing Andy that late was a bitch move by the Bengals. They had the 1st pick. What were they waiting for? Teams assumed he'd be there to groom and weren't waiting for him. Who knows, maybe the Bengals were considering to try and make the kind of trade that could fix the team for a decade.

It's interesting how you completely ignored my post that was specifically on topic, Nagy, and continue to fixate on Dalton. Dalton isn't calling plays, managing the clock or making personnel decisions. He's definitely meh but there's enough there to be ably to judge whether Nagy has grown. For me, individual evaluations of coaches and players is not strictly about record.
Im ignoring it because i think a starting caliber QB would make the play calling look much better. Evaluating Nagy has nothing to do with his record but the performance of his offense, Dalton isn’t just meh he’s a backup and hasn’t had an above average season in like 4 years. he’s a back up QB now i’m sorry you can’t see that.

it’s hard to have an offense perform well with a below average QB and below average OL. Bears fans will find this out the hard way when he’s finds success in another location.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
because coward being gone made this unit good or something? you’re missing the forest for the trees
Coward was a liability, anyone with a brain saw that except the guy making the roster. His continuous use of Patterson in situations where no other coach in the NFL, uses Patterson.. JP Holtz still having a job, Wims over Ridley, Nick Foles. Kmet's use. I am sure there a more examples if I wanted to waste my time on this prick.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Coward was a liability, anyone with a brain saw that except the guy making the roster. His continuous use of Patterson in situations where no other coach in the NFL, uses Patterson.. JP Holtz still having a job, Wims over Ridley, Nick Foles. Kmet's use. I am sure there a more examples if I wanted to waste my time on this prick.
bill bellichek used Patterson as a running back plenty in new england...? Holtz was useless but Wimms is only on the field for his blocking. you do understand that at least right?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
bill bellichek used Patterson as a running back plenty in new england...? Holtz was useless but Wimms is only on the field for his blocking. you do understand that at least right?
His dropped pass in the playoffs begs to differ; you did watch right?

shoez90

Liked Posts:
fuk Ross tucker, fuk Nagy and Pace if either of them was a car yall would have traded them in years ago if not your a gluten for punishment

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
His dropped pass in the playoffs begs to differ; you did watch right?
it was a trick play that worked. Nagy can’t make Wimms catch the ball... I get bears fans are blood thirsty but this is just stupid.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Im ignoring it because i think a starting caliber QB would make the play calling look much better. Evaluating Nagy has nothing to do with his record but the performance of his offense, Dalton isn’t just meh he’s a backup and hasn’t had an above average season in like 4 years. he’s a back up QB now i’m sorry you can’t see that.

it’s hard to have an offense perform well with a below average QB and below average OL. Bears fans will find this out the hard way when he’s finds success in another location.
And the OL was at least average at the end of the year when they put players in the right positions. Same guys they had on the roster at the start of the year but they insisted on Coward and Ifedi as Gs and ignored Mustifer. That's coaching. If they start the year with Leno, Whitehair, Mustifer, Daniel, Ifedi, that is not a bad line. Certainly not special but not bad.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
it was a trick play that worked. Nagy can’t make Wimms catch the ball... I get bears fans are blood thirsty but this is just stupid.
Which is why he shouldn't be on the field, thank you.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Rivers was about as mobile as Foles and would have suffered a similar fate last year.
No. Rivers is a way better qb. The choice between a hof qb with a little bit left in a tank and you can sign outright vs a qb who got hot for one sb run and sucked in jacksonville and you have to give picks for is pretty simple.