Ross Tucker thinks the hate on Matt Nagy has gone too far because he's never had a losing season and did it all with a 2.5M backup QB

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
But as you said he was brought in to fix the offense and has failed and the offense looks worse each year. So he deserves to be "trashed in general" by your own admission. Yes he has to go and no, Bears fans are probably MORE upset with the owners then him for not doing so.

Who is "acting like he is Trestman"? What is the difference between saying Nagy "needs to go" vs. saying Trestman "needs to go"? I think you are making good points to yourself in your mind but it isn't necessarily translating here yet?

Posts like this make me question why I come here. ?‍♂️

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nagy's offense is about as prolific as John Fox's offense. How do people not get the hate. He's fucking trash. Lol.

Because he's the HEAD coach..... not just the OC. As a HEAD coach he's been OK. As an OC he's failed and that's why he will probably not be around much longer. I am able to seperate the two. The last three years have had some good moments. I've certainly seen much worse as a Bears fan. I don't hate the guy at all. I actually kind of like him. But it is a results based business and the offense hasn't been fixed.... so like or not..... he'll probably have to go. But he certainly hasn't done enough for me to reach hatred levels.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't disagree. He get's shit on WAY too much IMO.

BUT...... if a guy is brought in to fix the offense and it still looks this bad after three years then that's a problem.

I think many fans credit Fangio's defense for Nagy's record. And there is truth to that.

True. But being paired with bad quarterbacks will make any head coach look bad.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Ok, I tried to silently observe this thread, but I can't take it anymore...

I get it. There are MANY reasons why this team is in the state that it is in. Pace, Ownership, fucking up the most important position in sports, Nagy...whomever you choose, and you will be as right as the next person...

But for me, it's Nagy. I have never seen so called 'guru' fail so miserably on the side of the ball that he is supposed to be a 'Guru' of. And here's the problem with the 'lets see what he does with a real QB argument'.....That was supposed to be the reason why Foles was brought in...

B/c he 'knew the system'. Well outside of two games, that was a SPECTACULAR failure. Or what about his play design? just because he has plays plastered all over his walls at home, doesn't mean he is a 'mad genius'. You know who else does that type of shit? Psychopaths..

See if you can answer these questions honestly:
-How many other offenses have you seen wrs in the same area? not just once, but frequently?
-Have you ever seen another offense where you had two OL blocking each other?
-Have you ever seen another offense that designs plays like the sideline is the endzone?
-How many times have we Bears fans in game day thread have accurately predicted what the next play was going to be?
-Has he developed any offense talent while he's been here?
-After 3 years, do anyone still even know what the offensive identity is? Is there a go to play when things aren't working?
-Why does he always go away from things are working back to things that don't?
-Why does HIS offense look better when someone is running it?

Just so many fucking questions with this goof. I do NOT trust anything that comes out of his mouth. I don't think he has an answer anyway...

He is a FRAUD who got this job riding Reid's cape. He's a used car salesman masquerading as our coach. M-F he is an NFL coach, Sat and Sun, he works at O'Brien Mitsubishi...

"And that's where we're at"...

No, you FRAUD. That's where I'm at....

Flame away..

BEARS

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Because he's the HEAD coach..... not just the OC. As a HEAD coach he's been OK. As an OC he's failed and that's why he will probably not be around much longer. I am able to seperate the two. The last three years have had some good moments. I've certainly seen much worse as a Bears fan. I don't hate the guy at all. I actually kind of like him. But it is a results based business and the offense hasn't been fixed.... so like or not..... he'll probably have to go. But he certainly hasn't done enough for me to reach hatred levels.

Honestly I have a very simple way for an honest fan who's willing to be open-minded and not put their conclusion before the evidence to reevaluate Matt Nagy. Not arguing to put him in Canton by any stretch, but a simple exercise to reevaluate his scheme and the effectiveness of that scheme.

Re-watch as many games as you possibly can where Matt is the head coach and Mitch is the quarterback who plays the entire game.

And I want you to focus in on one thing on offense and only one thing.

When the ball is snapped, focus on how many open receivers you see from the time Mitch has the ball in his hands to the time he throws it.

Make note of the number of times where there is an open receiver and Mitch flat out doesn't see the open receiver. You can ignore his overthrows. We aren't talking about missing the receiver but just not even seeing that they are open.

You will find that the number averages to between 8 and 13 times a game. And I do believe there's one in there where it's as many as 18 times.

Now a dumb curmudgeon fan who wants to put his emotional hatred above everything else will just kick back and say "so what! Nagy bad!"

in more intelligent Bears fan will sit there and think on that for a second and realize "hold on. That means at least 8 to 13 times a game, the scheme worked and we had receivers open. We just didn't have a quarterback who could get them the ball..."

An even smarter fan might start looking at games from other teams who have at a bare minimum average level quarterbacks, like an Andy Dalton, and compare that exact measurement, disregarding everything else for a moment, and realize most average quarterbacks tend to at most not see the open receiver between 3-5 times a game.

And realize that is huge difference and a lot of yards left out on the field between an average NFL quarterback, and Mitch trubisky....

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ok, I tried to silently observe this thread, but I can't take it anymore...

I get it. There are MANY reasons why this team is in the state that it is in. Pace, Ownership, fucking up the most important position in sports, Nagy...whomever you choose, and you will be as right as the next person...

But for me, it's Nagy. I have never seen so called 'guru' fail so miserably on the side of the ball that he is supposed to be a 'Guru' of. And here's the problem with the 'lets see what he does with a real QB argument'.....That was supposed to be the reason why Foles was brought in...

B/c he 'knew the system'. Well outside of two games, that was a SPECTACULAR failure. Or what about his play design? just because he has plays plastered all over his walls at home, doesn't mean he is a 'mad genius'. You know who else does that type of shit? Psychopaths..

See if you can answer these questions honestly:
-How many other offenses have you seen wrs in the same area? not just once, but frequently?
-Have you ever seen another offense where you had two OL blocking each other?
-Have you ever seen another offense that designs plays like the sideline is the endzone?
-How many times have we Bears fans in game day thread have accurately predicted what the next play was going to be?
-Has he developed any offense talent while he's been here?
-After 3 years, do anyone still even know what the offensive identity is? Is there a go to play when things aren't working?
-Why does he always go away from things are working back to things that don't?
-Why does HIS offense look better when someone is running it?

Just so many fucking questions with this goof. I do NOT trust anything that comes out of his mouth. I don't think he has an answer anyway...

He is a FRAUD who got this job riding Reid's cape. He's a used car salesman masquerading as our coach. M-F he is an NFL coach, Sat and Sun, he works at O'Brien Mitsubishi...

"And that's where we're at"...

No, you FRAUD. That's where I'm at....

Flame away..

BEARS
I just answered your crap in the post right after yours.

And it is emotional crap.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Bears fans need to let go of this guru thing, he’s not Andy Reid and he never will be. that doesn’t mean he’s been given a fair shake.

Frankly, a lot of idiots don't remember that even Andy Reid wasn't Andy Reid. I remember when he was coaching Philly how people were saying his offenses were overrated and that he can't coach his way out of a paper bag. He got a ton of shit.

Amazingly it all changed when he got Patrick Mahomes ?

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
God. We know. How about Foles? How about running plays the QB can fathom. Mitch is football dumb. Run football for dummies. I'm not even a Nagy hater but I do hate white knighting him when his hands aren't clean. People excuse Nagy due to the OL but Mitch and Foles... WTF? I'm no Mitch fan either but he had the same line as Foles who was Nagy's choice to run this O.

Plenty of blame to go around and it certainly doesn't exclude Nagy.

Last edited:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
God. We know. How about Foles? How about running plays the QB can fathom. I'm not even a Nagy hater but I do hate white knighting him when his hands aren't clean. People excuse Nagy due to the OL but Mitch and Foles... WTF? I'm no Mitch fan either but he had the same line as Foles who was Nagy's choice to run this O.

Plenty of blame to go around and it certainly doesn't exclude Nagy.
lol i love the what about foles argument. as if it means something, it cost a fourth round pick get over yourself. that’s not the reason this team is the way it is. Foles reflects the level of talent around him every stop he’s been in, that should show you what we have in Chicago

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Frankly, a lot of idiots don't remember that even Andy Reid wasn't Andy Reid. I remember when he was coaching Philly how people were saying his offenses were overrated and that he can't coach his way out of a paper bag. He got a ton of shit.

Amazingly it all changed when he got Patrick Mahomes ?

In 14 seasons in Philadelphia, the Eagles finished in 1st place in the East 6 times. They played in 4 NFC Championship games. 1 Super Bowl. Went to the playoffs 9 times and finished with a losing record only 3 times. He certainly wasn't immune to criticism. For example, he has long been accused of being bad at clock management. But anyone that said back then that he can't coach his way out of a paper bag was an idiot. This feels a little like unintentional revisionist history to fit a narrative.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
it was a trick play that worked. Nagy can’t make Wimms catch the ball... I get bears fans are blood thirsty but this is just stupid.
Why the angle? He can put somebody out there that can catch or run routes. He had 48 yards receiving last year. 4 yards per target. How about that 1st Saints game before dropping that bomb in the 2nd? I get that we don't have enough great options here but he has guys with hands that can run routes.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol i love the what about foles argument. as if it means something, it cost a fourth round pick get over yourself. that’s not the reason this team is the way it is. Foles reflects the level of talent around him every stop he’s been in, that should show you what we have in Chicago
Cheap trade offer to assume a big salary. Be real about it. Foles is a backup though he's been paid starter money a few time. Regardless, he was Nagy's pick and they assumed the salary burden and gave the 4th to get him. Player evaluation is also part of coaching.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Cheap trade offer to assume a big salary. Be real about it. Foles is a backup though he's been paid starter money a few time. Regardless, he was Nagy's pick and they assumed the salary burden and gave the 4th to get him. Player evaluation is also part of coaching.
sure, but you’re making it a much bigger deal than it is. this is not some catastrophic deal that’s setting the franchise back years because he fell in love with a camry or something.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
In 14 seasons in Philadelphia, the Eagles finished in 1st place in the East 6 times. They played in 4 NFC Championship games. 1 Super Bowl. Went to the playoffs 9 times and finished with a losing record only 3 times. He certainly wasn't immune to criticism. For example, he has long been accused of being bad at clock management. But anyone that said back then that he can't coach his way out of a paper bag was an idiot. This feels a little like unintentional revisionist history to fit a narrative.

Nah, but it was Philly fans. They kept on Reid as being a shitty coach for not winning the big one.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I believe in accountability not excuse-making. 'Fair' is not a thing. This is a results-driven business. Nagy & Pace had multiple opportunities.