Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Brady did not suck ass in college, In Brady's four years at Michigan, the Wolverines went 40-9, including a 20-5 record when Brady moved into a starting role as a junior and senior. Michigan went 10-3 in 1998 and 10-2 in 1999.
He was benched for Drew Henson in his senior year. So yeah he did. Thats why he was a 6th rounder.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He was benched for Drew Henson in his senior year. So yeah he did. Thats why he was a 6th rounder.
No, he absolutely didn’t suck ass in college. Maybe Lloyd Benson did but Brady did pretty well in college. Joe Montana was a 3rd draft pick so with your logic he sucked as well? They both played pretty well for their colleges. Period Mitch Trubisky was the 2nd pick in the 1st rd so your logic on where a player is drafted and their college careers is asinine.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
As a junior at Michigan, Tom Brady set the school record for most passing yards in a game and it came on the road against rival Ohio State of all opponents. Brady completed 31-of-56 attempts for 375 yards, a mark that now ranks sixth in program history. "But the Wolverines had no ground game, gaining 45 yards rushing and losing 41 for a net of 4," reporting the Lansing State Journal. "Michigan acknowledged the difficulty of moving on the ground, but thought its reliance on the arm of Tom Brady — he threw 56 passes, completing 31 for 375 yards with two interceptions— at least partly a matter of circumstance."

Splitting time with Henson
In 1999, Brady's senior year, the plan was to start Brady with Henson playing the second quarter. The hot hand would play after that.

Quarterback juggling
With the juggling at quarterback, Michigan won its first five games in 1999.

The turning point of 1999
Brady's turning point came against MSU in the sixth game of the season. UM went down 17 points with Henson at QB. Brady nearly brought UM back throwing for 241 yards in the final 18 minutes.

QB competition over
Brady thew for 307 yards the following week, separating himself from Henson to become the starter the rest of the season

Please provide proof that he was benched for Drew Henson his senior year.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

No summary in the article, but the author said elsewhere:

The more I find of Mills, the more I see those accuracy issues. That and the lack of experience make him a wild card. When he's on he's dropping them in and really looks the part but it's sporadic.

46plank

Liked Posts:
The more I find of Mills, the more I see those accuracy issues. That and the lack of experience make him a wild card. When he's on he's dropping them in and really looks the part but it's sporadic.
Sounds right up the Bears alley to me

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm OK if they take Mond, him or Trask in 2. They may all (or at least the one Nagy wants) be gone by 3.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What's oops?
You and several others were trashing the idea of Mills as a possible pick. And so far the guy is beating Fields in almost every passing stat on an even worse team than the Bears. So yeah… oops.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
For me, it’s Trey Lance or punt to next year.

In today’s NFL, shitty teams like the Bears need dynamic quarterbacks who can create on their own without great supporting casts or coaches.

Yes, you hope to eventually surround that guy with great weapons and coaches, but if you put a QB on the Bears who **has to** rely on those things, it ain’t happening.
Ooh…. Another oops.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
You and several others were trashing the idea of Mills as a possible pick. And so far the guy is beating Fields in almost every passing stat on an even worse team than the Bears. So yeah… oops.
I never trashed Mills, but cool story

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Mills Stats

6 Starts - 7 TD and 8 INTs - But he has two games of 300 yards and one of those games was against the Rams and he had 3TD against the Pats.

He did throw 4 INTs against the Bills in his second start, in a 0-40 blowout.

Selected in the third round at 67, I would say that the Texans got a quality backup at the very least.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He's had two solid games of 300 yards (2 more than Fields admittedly). The rest are pretty meh. Including 4 INTs and 87 yards against the Bills. Pretty up and down results. I'm not sure this is a #calledit yet

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He's had two solid games of 300 yards (2 more than Fields admittedly). The rest are pretty meh. Including 4 INTs and 87 yards against the Bills. Pretty up and down results. I'm not sure this is a #calledit yet
Oh I’m not saying he’s going to be great or anything. (Way too soon to know that). I’m just laughing because we have beat writers and Bears fans salivating over a possible 300 yard game some day by Fields…. And here’s this QB I suggested as a later round possibility and he’s already had two 300 yard games.