Important games coming up

blackpep72

Liked Posts:
I think the coming 4 games will make or break the playoff hopes.

If they can get 3 wins out of those 4 games vs the Stars and The Blue Jackets the hope is alive.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The next nine games are a chance to play everybody other than the teams from Fla and Car,the eight after that are no fun at all.

blackpep72

Liked Posts:
The next nine games are a chance to play everybody other than the teams from Fla and Car,the eight after that are no fun at all.
Very true. They better get maximum points before that to have a chance.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Unfortunately, March was as tough as many here predicted, so yeah, these games are critical now. Even the ones against Detroit -- the Hawks can't afford to give up any points in this last full month now. And for the teams that are close to them, they essentially have to beat them in regulation if they want to gain actual ground.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Honestly, I think the Nashville game likely broke any playoff hopes. We've played them 5 out of 8 times and lost all of them (3 RL, 1OTL, 1SOL). We're level on games and they have a 2-point advantage, and we play them 3 more times. They hold the tiebreaker.

Nashville holds the cards at this point. It's not impossible to make the playoffs at this point, but that means every single point matters if the playoffs are the goal. Winning against Dallas is a good start--especially since we have so far done well against them.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Sitting at 2/3rds of the 60 game sesaon over, I think they are all pretty important at this point if you want to make any kind of run. Want to try to get out of those play in games.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Time is now PP needs to get fixed and they have to start playing with some energy seem to be going through the motions.
88 was not interested last game and thats not good.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not exactly sure why everyone thinks winning a few more games, sliding into the last seed then getting obliterated in the first round by Tampa is important. Realistically, it would be more important to lose a few more and grab a top 10 pick. We just watched the Bears do the same stupid thing and now instead of drafting some promising rookie QB with a top 10 pick.....we get Andy Dalton. The Hawks have already shown that they are closer to turning the corner than any of us thought....Bowman should be looking to move some of the pieces that don't fit. At this point, winning a few more games does nothing but Special person the rebuilding push. I mean it's absolutely the best time to do this....no crowds, minimal excitement level, a limited schedule that does nothing cheapen things. Be happy that they have found players like Lankinen, Suter, Mitchell, Kurashev, Kubalik, Dach, Beaudin and Boqvist.....they are not that far away.

Ok, I get it. It's Bowman. But the higher you draft, the more options you have and Bowman needs those extra options probably more than nearly any other GM.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Not exactly sure why everyone thinks winning a few more games, sliding into the last seed then getting obliterated in the first round by Tampa is important. Realistically, it would be more important to lose a few more and grab a top 10 pick. We just watched the Bears do the same stupid thing and now instead of drafting some promising rookie QB with a top 10 pick.....we get Andy Dalton. The Hawks have already shown that they are closer to turning the corner than any of us thought....Bowman should be looking to move some of the pieces that don't fit. At this point, winning a few more games does nothing but Special person the rebuilding push. I mean it's absolutely the best time to do this....no crowds, minimal excitement level, a limited schedule that does nothing cheapen things. Be happy that they have found players like Lankinen, Suter, Mitchell, Kurashev, Kubalik, Dach, Beaudin and Boqvist.....they are not that far away.

Ok, I get it. It's Bowman. But the higher you draft, the more options you have and Bowman needs those extra options probably more than nearly any other GM.
I agree with you on this Diehard, the Hawks certainly have some up and coming rookies that have taken the right step forward and have shown a promising future for the team.
Picking a top ten pick only helps the Hawks, getting smoked by Tampa doesn’t. With so many question marks surrounding some vets, Mainly Toews and will Dach be able to handle first line duties, Hawks need to draft guys that can take a face off and play down the middle an area that is currently really slim. A top 10 pick helps out either way, even if as you said Bowman is picking it.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
DHard its important to me because maybe I can get to a game this year, Also I think playing some playoff games is better for the kids then picking 10th as opposed to picking 16 th but thats just my 2 cents. Might do better drafting 17th then 10th who knows. But i have not been to a game in over a year,that hasnt happened in over 40 yrs for me.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Dach puts his first of the year in the back of the net.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Another short handed goal yet he is gonna send out the same groups... Ill take the win though

Bust

Liked Posts:
I think the coming 4 games will make or break the playoff hopes.

If they can get 3 wins out of those 4 games vs the Stars and The Blue Jackets the hope is alive.

Hawks are now 4-1 vs Stars this year <they got their number>

On the flip side the Predators have the Hawks number. They have a shot long as they don't have to play Nashville again

greg23

Liked Posts:
Like the bears; fans are overly optimistic on where they'd draft.

Currently if the season ended today the hawks would pick 14-16...if they flip spots with nash, make the playoffs and lose they'd pick 17-19

With those options; count me in for playoff hockey.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Hawks are now 4-1 vs Stars this year <they got their number>

On the flip side the Predators have the Hawks number. They have a shot long as they don't have to play Nashville again
If you were not such a fucking troll you know they play Nashville 3 more times. That’s the funny thing about you, you know nothing about the game of hockey, my bet you jumped the bandwagon when the Hawks started winning, like many, but your to stupid to jump of, afraid that everyone would call you a bandwagon jumper, so you come around these boards and piss people off with your fucking bullshit.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

VVVV
I agree with you on this Diehard, the Hawks certainly have some up and coming rookies that have taken the right step forward and have shown a promising future for the team.
Picking a top ten pick only helps the Hawks, getting smoked by Tampa doesn’t. With so many question marks surrounding some vets, Mainly Toews and will Dach be able to handle first line duties, Hawks need to draft guys that can take a face off and play down the middle an area that is currently really slim. A top 10 pick helps out either way, even if as you said Bowman is picking it.
I'm not one for intentionally tanking or playing intentionally to lose. IMHO there has to be a purpose--and that purpose should be bringing along the youth and seeing what we got in them by testing them in more challenging situations that are usually handled by vets. Granted, we've done that better this year than most recent years (specifically the latter half of 2018), but I'm still seeing things that indicate the 'hawks are waffling between rebuild/development and trying to go for it.

My opinion of course, but if the 'hawks start trying to lean on Debrincat, Dach, Boqvist, and Beaudin (or the like) to be more of the driving force than Kane/Keith, and they still end up making a solid run for the playoffs that's okay in my book. If they make the run trying to run Keith and Kane roughshod, that's a problem.

Granada

Liked Posts:

This is true. I can't fault any fans for thinking this way. I actually think there is an even worse scenario than squeaking into the playoffs though: it's just missing the playoffs and finishing in the 5th spot.

Personally, I find it hard to root for them to lose, at least right now. Again, I don't fault anyone who does so for the "greater good," but that's just me. Maybe I will in the near future if they drop a few more games, but it's too early for me right now to do so.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is true. I can't fault any fans for thinking this way. I actually think there is an even worse scenario than squeaking into the playoffs though: it's just missing the playoffs and finishing in the 5th spot.

Personally, I find it hard to root for them to lose, at least right now. Again, I don't fault anyone who does so for the "greater good," but that's just me. Maybe I will in the near future if they drop a few more games, but it's too early for me right now to do so.
I'm the same way...the only difference is that now, it doesn't bother me as much if they lose. They have already cut their turn around time in half from what I was seeing. They have some pieces to the puzzle in place but they need some more and drafting well would be my preference to accomplishing that.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I'm the same way...the only difference is that now, it doesn't bother me as much if they lose. They have already cut their turn around time in half from what I was seeing. They have some pieces to the puzzle in place but they need some more and drafting well would be my preference to accomplishing that.
Know one wants to see there team lose, gaining a solid draft pick only helps get the team back on track faster. I am hoping, that Stan make some some solid acquisitions at the deadline or this summer. The kids have shown there is a future, now Stan has to fill out the lineup and cut out loose ends.

Vanken

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Us fans have had the best of both worlds this season. We get to cheer for the Hawks to make the playoffs (and it is a possibility) so the kids can get valuable playoff experience, but if they fail, it's no big deal because (1) it was expected, and (2) the team gets a better draft choice. I'm much rather see which of the younguns steps up if the Hawks do make the postseason.