The Bears might be the NFL’s best example right now of an organization with no plan

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
It's not a solid plan to get a rookie QB who needs experience and focus on defense with draft picks for his whole contract. That's guaranteeing your QB isn't going to work. It wouldn't have mattered who Trubisky was, we guaranteed he wasn't going to work in Chicago.

Instead of Smith and Mack we we had many good oline that we could've had with any of those picks. I'm guessing a few RBs and WRs worthy too.
We bitch about it 16 times a year, all it takes is the refs ignoring holds on our defense and those picks are negated. Flag the defense for playing defense a few times and the game is lost.

If you want to play in the modern offense focused NFL you need to draft top offensive players. Without that basic plan you have no plan.
lol wat?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not a solid plan to get a rookie QB who needs experience and focus on defense with draft picks for his whole contract. That's guaranteeing your QB isn't going to work. It wouldn't have mattered who Trubisky was, we guaranteed he wasn't going to work in Chicago.

Instead of Smith and Mack we we had many good oline that we could've had with any of those picks. I'm guessing a few RBs and WRs worthy too.
We bitch about it 16 times a year, all it takes is the refs ignoring holds on our defense and those picks are negated. Flag the defense for playing defense a few times and the game is lost.

If you want to play in the modern offense focused NFL you need to draft top offensive players. Without that basic plan you have no plan.

i mean, you have a point about the OL

but some people would argue building up the D to the point where the offense only has to score 18 points is helpful to rookie QBs

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, the whole thing is incredibly fucking stupid.

Anyone who bitches about a one year contract should be slapped upside the head; those deals have ZERO future cap ramifications. NONE. So bitching about how much an athlete gets paid on a 1 year deal is just fucking moronic.

The bitching over the kicker is also questionable, and the shit about A-Rob? I mean... really?

There are so many more avenues this guy could have taken that would have been legit, but to choose those 3 arguments as his hill to die on... just really fucking stupid.
Except that ten million cost you Fuller.

Dalton - Fuller < Foles + Fuller.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Except that ten million cost you Fuller.

Dalton - Fuller < Foles + Fuller.

We'll find out, won't we?

I happen to think Fuller is horribly over-rated. Not a bad player, but just over-rated for someone who isn't even a decent cover corner.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We'll find out, won't we?

I happen to think Fuller is horribly over-rated. Not a bad player, but just over-rated for someone who isn't even a decent cover corner.
Wait until you see Trufant....

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not saying Trufant is a better or equal player than Fuller.

What I am saying is, I believe Bears Dalton but minus Fuller are still better than Bears minus Dalton but with Fuller. We already saw what the Bears were with the latter last year.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think they have a plan. Whether or not it's a good one is a different question. I suspect we will learn more about what their plan is on draft day. They traded for Andy Dalton to start for the next year or so while they develop their QB of the future.​

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I’m not saying he’s good and think this is a classic poverty garbage pace offseason so far. But lions non existent pass rush prob was a big factor with the secondary woes. So if Mack doesn’t take another season off I’m sure he won’t be as bad as he was for you guys

mecha

Liked Posts:
I’m not saying he’s good and think this is a classic poverty garbage pace offseason so far. But lions non existent pass rush prob was a big factor with the secondary woes. So if Mack doesn’t take another season off I’m sure he won’t be as bad as he was for you guys

this has been a topic of discussion spanning back to CBMB about how having a strong pass rush just makes the entire defense overall better. what was different between 2018 and 2019/2020? you don't have to look too far for the answer. it's the same thing about offensive lines, there was a stark contrast to what Grossman played behind in 2006 vs. anything Cutler had to work with until Emery sorted it out briefly with Trestman+the defense turning into the worst ever in franchise history.

balance the performances of both sides and you'll find winning games to be a lot easier.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lions Actually had a guy with 10 sacks last year........And I think they could have had more if the secondary didn't suck total ass last year. Trufant stunk the last year he was with the Falcons too,

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I think they have a plan. Whether or not it's a good one is a different question. I suspect we will learn more about what their plan is on draft day. They traded for Andy Dalton to start for the next year or so while they develop their QB of the future.​

I suppose if that is the plan it's vastly better than Glennon to start while they develop a QB.
I still think a QB to develop is too far out of reach. The hole has been dug.

Geezer

Liked Posts:
they lost their direction in 1986
Really? Then how do you account for 2006 and the Super Bowl? We were "very competitive" for a few years around that time - and we had some outstanding personnel responsible for that state of affairs. In fact, many of the players from that time would be candidates for Bears' all-time squads.

Brian Urlacher, Olin Kreutz, Charlie Tillman, (?) Ruben, Tommie Harris, Lance Briggs, Robbie Gould, Mike Brown, Thomas Jones, Nathan Vasher, Tank Johnson, yoweeee! Among others! WE WERE OVERFLOWING WITH TALENT, except at QB. How did we manage to NOT draft "worthy" replacements for these guys? We should have been stacking up plenty of Pro Bowlers for the team, including QBs! We had few IMMEDIATE NEEDS except QB! I can't believe how far we slid down in talent after that SB.

We're still suffering from the effects of that screw-up by various GMs.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Amazingly accurate. No QB, not even Watson or Mahomes would've worked on this team. To think otherwise is delusional.
Then you should explain how a guy who started 50 games didn’t get a fair shake.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
NFL offseason head-scratchers, great moves, and leaps: Things we’ve learned for all 32 NFL teams

The Bears might be the NFL’s best example right now of an organization with no plan. Their moves reflect a GM and a coach who are simply trying to keep the team competitive to save their jobs.

Chicago used the franchise tag on Allen Robinson and signed Andy Dalton to a one-year, $10.5 million deal. The Bears released cornerback Kyle Fuller and will replace him with Desmond Trufant. They signed kicker Cairo Santos to a three-year, $9 million deal. Santos has been on five different teams in the last four years.

“It’s just a mess,” Fitzgerald said. “There’s nobody they can get at quarterback, so I get why they went after Dalton. Why they went after Dalton at $10.5 million, who are you gonna lose him to? I just don’t see the purpose of that at all.

“The Robinson stuff has made no sense at all. There’s no reason to have him on the tag. You either get a long-term extension done, which should’ve been last year, or you let him walk. I don’t get it. I don’t get anything they’re doing at this point. The kicker for $3 million per year. Ok, he had a good season last year. He’s bounced around team to team for some time. And you have such a bad salary cap situation. You can’t spend $3 million a year on your kicker. You’ve got to get everything else in order.”
Thanks.....ffffuuuuuccckkkk

tenor.gif

I'll be going for a walk, on the freeway, after this.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Really? Then how do you account for 2006 and the Super Bowl? We were "very competitive" for a few years around that time - and we had some outstanding personnel responsible for that state of affairs. In fact, many of the players from that time would be candidates for Bears' all-time squads.

Brian Urlacher, Olin Kreutz, Charlie Tillman, (?) Ruben, Tommie Harris, Lance Briggs, Robbie Gould, Mike Brown, Thomas Jones, Nathan Vasher, Tank Johnson, yoweeee! Among others! WE WERE OVERFLOWING WITH TALENT, except at QB. How did we manage to NOT draft "worthy" replacements for these guys? We should have been stacking up plenty of Pro Bowlers for the team, including QBs! We had few IMMEDIATE NEEDS except QB! I can't believe how far we slid down in talent after that SB.

We're still suffering from the effects of that screw-up by various GMs.
We took Cedric Benson instead of Aaron Rodgers......now you know the rest of the story.

GOOD DAY

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Then you should explain how a guy who started 50 games didn’t get a fair shake.

Easy.
We brought him in with a HC that wasn't going to stay and allegedly doesn't trust rookie QBs. The HC we then gave him was also inexperienced (and bad at play calling).
We brought him in with no offensive talent around him.
The next year we drafted defense with the 1st rounder instead of getting an offense, which there are no less than 3 after we drafted that were good that have worked out to be good and we could've got at least 1, maybe 2 of them with a trade down.
Then we traded the rest of his contract worth of 1st rounders on more defense.
We didn't let him play in preseason games to give him some experience without the pressure of it being a game that counts.

I don't call bringing in one WR FA of quality years after he was drafted to be giving your rookie QB who needs experience a fair shake.
Giving him 50 starts with no talent around him is not the same as giving him a fair shake. That was setting him up to fail. He could've had a fair shake to cut him after 16 starts if we had a team around him.

If you want to have an offense we need to get an offense not just a QB, not just a RB, not just a WR. We need a whole offense. Why is that so difficult for Bears fans to grasp while they're fapping to other teams? They all have offenses.