Latest rumor from DaBearsBlog

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yes please.

Trade whatever it takes to get to #4 and take Fields.

If you told me at this point last season that we would get Fields in the draft I would jizz my pants.

Sure, if he fails this team is fucked, but lets be honest, it's fucked either way even if we don't trade up. Only shot they have of redeeming this shit show is a rookie qb succeeding.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Also, I have zero issue giving up two firsts + two 2nds.

I'm tired of the bears being perennial losers every year because they don't have a quarterback. Even when we're good we got no shot at a ship because we got dudes like rex grossman, jay cutler, and mitch trubisky starting for us.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am of the belief that trading two first and two seconds is too much for almost any player. Just too many holes in too many drafts.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I have no Love for Pace and Nagy, but I don’t agree with the whole ‘Pace got fleeced by Lynch’ narrative. At least Pace took a swing at QB. He missed. Happens all of the time. More so than usual on the Bears. What did Lynch do? Solomon Thomas-bust. Reuben Foster-headcase. QB?? Massive overpay for always hurt Jimmy G. He did hit on Kittle tho.
I agree with this 100%.
He did not get fleeced. We can all agree that his QB choice was not the right one, but that whole "fleeced" argument was wrong on Draft Day and it's always going to be wrong.

And the John Lynch is God narrative is ridiculous. He whiffed on that draft, and gets praise as though he nailed it. Kittle worked out obviously, but let's not pretend Lynch knew how good he'd be. If he did, why pass on him 4 times?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I agree with this 100%.
He did not get fleeced. We can all agree that his QB choice was not the right one, but that whole "fleeced" argument was wrong on Draft Day and it's always going to be wrong.

And the John Lynch is God narrative is ridiculous. He whiffed on that draft, and gets praise as though he nailed it. Kittle worked out obviously, but let's not pretend Lynch knew how good he'd be. If he did, why pass on him 4 times?
Lynch is one of the worst GMs in the NFL.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I‘m saying there’s a chance.
View attachment 11204
I could live with that. Would like a T earlier, but getting a QB, and WR early would be OK by me. I don't have a strong opinion of Lance but I know many draft guys are high on him.

Grabbing my nephew's friend Kendrick Green where they do would be OK with me. He was very good at Illinois and can certainly be a good NFL G. (Though I do chuckle at mock drafts going all the way to Mr Irrelevant.)

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Lynch is one of the worst GMs in the NFL.
He's a media darling. He was a very good safety, but I don't know that he was the first round HOF, walk on water Safety some think he was. Same as an analyst and as a GM. He seems to have a real good PR staff.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Move up, trade players or any picks this year but DO NOT give up any future picks. Those are for our new GM.
It makes zero sense to trade away players to grab a guy to play with a depleted roster. Factor in the GM drafting for his life and it makes less sense. (Which is why so many are unhappy they kept a GM and put him on notice. It puts him is position of drafting against the team's best interests.)

Reactions: Myk

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, I have zero issue giving up two firsts + two 2nds.

I'm tired of the bears being perennial losers every year because they don't have a quarterback. Even when we're good we got no shot at a ship because we got dudes like rex grossman, jay cutler, and mitch trubisky starting for us.

So, is trading away that much draft capital for Fields in this draft a better option than tanking, and having a shot at the best or second best QB in next years draft? Serious question. Granted you can argue that the Bears have too much talent to be drafting that high, but hind sight being 20-20, would it not have been better for the Bears, at the beginning of FA, to had this strategy?

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
There may be a bit of competition.
I think you can add in Denver, NE heck maybe even Detroit since they are only at 7.

@mlombardiNFL: "I think Washington is going to be the next team to unload all their picks to try to get a QB. I think they love Lance. I don't think, I KNOW Washington loves Lance … I think they're willing to go get him."

— Burgundy Blog (@BurgundyBlog) April 7, 2021

Washington has consistently made out list of potential trade candidates, but at 19th overall, would need to pay a premium to get to 4. In fact, our latest mock draft from editor Kevin Knight had the Falcons swapping picks with Washington. Knight’s projected trade was Washington sending over nearly every 2021 pick and its 1st round pick in 2022

Nope. They have the greatest 2 quarterbacks since Joe Montana on their roster

Visionman

Liked Posts:
It makes zero sense to trade away players to grab a guy to play with a depleted roster. Factor in the GM drafting for his life and it makes less sense. (Which is why so many are unhappy they kept a GM and put him on notice. It puts him is position of drafting against the team's best interests.)
Can we stop with this dumb pretend narrative? Pace is not “on notice”, nor is he going to act outside of the teams best interest, short term or long term.

None of us may believe in him, but it doesn’t matter...the McCaskey’s do.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes please.

Trade whatever it takes to get to #4 and take Fields.

If you told me at this point last season that we would get Fields in the draft I would jizz my pants.

Sure, if he fails this team is fucked, but lets be honest, it's fucked either way even if we don't trade up. Only shot they have of redeeming this shit show is a rookie qb succeeding.

This is the one nice part of being backed into a corner, we are fucked whether we do it or not. Might as well try

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
I'm really starting to put this kid on top of my list.

dan durkin
@djdurkin

As I build my “cloud” of players that should be there at No. 20 for the #Bears, Teven Jenkins keeps climbing up the grouping. So much to like about his game mentally & physically. But a big element is the nasty he would bring to the OL, which is currently lacking with that group
3:38 PM · Apr 10, 2021
https://twitter.com/intent/like?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1380968508532654085|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://bleacherreport.com/chicago-bears&tweet_id=1380968508532654085
I really like him at RT. If we could take 2 - OTs in the top 52 I'd love to mix LT Cosmi and RT Jenkins. Let them learn together. OL would look nice.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
So, is trading away that much draft capital for Fields in this draft a better option than tanking, and having a shot at the best or second best QB in next years draft? Serious question. Granted you can argue that the Bears have too much talent to be drafting that high, but hind sight being 20-20, would it not have been better for the Bears, at the beginning of FA, to had this strategy?

5-7 teams will be drafting qb’s in the first round so that’s a ton of teams that won’t need one next year and it’s not like we are going to win more than 6-8 games this year with our schedule.

I’d draft two starting tackles and either a burner or a cb/S and we have the start of something.

you move up and draft the third or 4th best qb and lose all those assets would be silly! You only can win with a vet free agent if you get lucky like Tampa where a Brady is in the twilight and just happened to need aqb.

real organizations draft most of their talent and then develop their players. It’s really the only recipe for success.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
I love how people keeping post shit from this putz of a insider and he is literally wrong every time
Almost all of them are wrong and lots are just guessing like fans are. But at this time of year it is something to read and argue over. Not a Basketball or Baseball fan. Gave them up years ago. The NFL has not pissed me off enough yet to quit.

Last edited: