Latest rumor from DaBearsBlog

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Justin Fields has some real talent, but reading that he is the last guy in and first guy to leave is a concern.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
On The Clock had a QB fall to us. I looked him up and there were comparisons to Trubisky. Why don't we just wait? :troll:

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
If it’s for Justin Fields and they come out of it with their 3rd round pick on this year, I could live with it.

I realize future 1st rounders will be involved but Fields is worth it. Grab Walker Little or the best WR in the third and take an opt out corner or the best WR in the 5th.
The way Fields' stock has been plummeting, you don't need to move up that far to get him.

msadows

Liked Posts:
So, is trading away that much draft capital for Fields in this draft a better option than tanking, and having a shot at the best or second best QB in next years draft? Serious question. Granted you can argue that the Bears have too much talent to be drafting that high, but hind sight being 20-20, would it not have been better for the Bears, at the beginning of FA, to had this strategy?

Yes, to me, it is.

3 Might be stretching it(as in first rounders), but two + change(a couple seconds) is the going rate. KC/Houston did that for watson/mahomes and no one seems to remember it anymore because it worked out.

I'm not overly huge on fields, but i think he's better than howell, and thats the top guy next year. Also, like you said, this bears team has just enough talent to be mediocre but not good. Worst place to be in any sport.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Yes, to me, it is.

3 Might be stretching it(as in first rounders), but two + change(a couple seconds) is the going rate. KC/Houston did that for watson/mahomes and no one seems to remember it anymore because it worked out.

I'm not overly huge on fields, but i think he's better than howell, and thats the top guy next year. Also, like you said, this bears team has just enough talent to be mediocre but not good. Worst place to be in any sport.
nobody knows who the top guy will he next season until after the season. look how zach wilson flew to the top.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Also, like you said, this bears team has just enough talent to be mediocre but not good. Worst place to be in any sport.

Seems to historically be Bears Football for what, about 40 years?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
5-7 teams will be drafting qb’s in the first round so that’s a ton of teams that won’t need one next year and it’s not like we are going to win more than 6-8 games this year with our schedule.

I’d draft two starting tackles and either a burner or a cb/S and we have the start of something.

you move up and draft the third or 4th best qb and lose all those assets would be silly! You only can win with a vet free agent if you get lucky like Tampa where a Brady is in the twilight and just happened to need aqb.

real organizations draft most of their talent and then develop their players. It’s really the only recipe for success.

Are you still dying?

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Says Bears really want the 4th pick....weeks ago, McCaskey did not want them to mortgage future 1sts for flip coin qb but would for a elite vet qb ( RWilson)...but this may have changed in recent days.

Also says Falcons GM Fontenot & Pace are best friends, not that a trade is going to happen but Bears are very interested.
The dude is clueless and proves anyone can make money on the internet. Why do guys give him clicks and make him money?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
If there's any guy that I would want to trade up to 4 for, it's Fields. It wouldn't work out too well with Nagy though as Fields doesn't seem the best west coast offense type QB.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Fields is apparently a "last one in, first one out guy".

If so, no thank you.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
From what I read, half the Browns staff loved Trubisky. Even ownership liked him and his story to sell tickets since he was an Ohio kid. They lost out with the first pick selection, but the idea that they would try and move back to #2 and get Trubisky, was not crazy. Did they call, who knows, but there was a threat. Would SF have moved down to #10, who knows. If Pace did nothing and the Browns stole him at #2 and he turned into a star everyone on this board would be calling for him to be fired due to not trading up.
If you thought MT was a future star you have not watched football long. Only a generational talent could do what we wanted him to do and he was no generational talent. Asking a guy with no serious pedigree from a medium level school with no real starting experience to be a NFL starter was dumbest decision since trying to pass on the 3yard line. He didn't even have a starting college job til his senior year. Pace fell in love with him for personal not professional reasons. We got fuked over by possibly passing on that generational talent or at least two more experienced QBs.

Freddie Mitchell

The bears cause me misery
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Ohio Bobcats
I would trade up for lance, he has special skills. I wouldnt trade up for fields, though if they did, i would find a way to get behind it. For Wilson, also a no brainer, no way for mac jones. Would rather take Davis Mills in the second than mac jones at 20 even.
I think lance and fields can excel in a lot of schemes because of their athleticism and pure arm strength so I agree those guys would be a fit if we decided to trade up. Not sure I want the likes of Davis Mills or Kellen Mond. That just gives an excuse to the current shitty regime to stay another year for their "young promising" QB, and I don't think those guys are exactly that, or they won't be on the Bears, maybe somewhere else though.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This was reported by orlovsky and then he basically retracted that statement the next day and got crushed by his colleagues

it sounded like some misinformation from teams hoping he’d fall in the draft. And Orlovsky took the bait.