Isn't it nice to have management and a coach that seems to know what they are doing.

Bud1234

Liked Posts:
Yes it is.

Now if only the team could figure out how to defend literally anything...
We need a couple smaller quick physical guards, a rim protector, more rebounding

Lauri needs to score 20 a game just to even out his defensive issues, not strong, physical enough to guard centers/power forwards. Too slow, lack of quickness, mobility to guard smaller forwards

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We need a couple smaller quick physical guards, a rim protector, more rebounding

Lauri needs to score 20 a game just to even out his defensive issues, not strong, physical enough to guard centers/power forwards. Too slow, lack of quickness, mobility to guard smaller forwards
Maybe Troy Brown will teach Coby how to play defense or something

Lauri, idk if he's just not trying that hard defensively or what, I feel like the tools to be an acceptable defender are there, but he's bad. He won't be a good defender, but he should at least be mediocre

Bud1234

Liked Posts:
I'd like to see Colby just work on fundamentals all off season. Offense & Defense

He's a talented guy but I don't think he ever developed a strong foundation as his base. He was always better than the guys he went against. Not the case in the NBA. You can rattle off 20-30 1 or 2 guards that leave him in the dust. He can get hot and put up 30 some night but the consistency isn't there yet

His footwork isn't great, his handle is very loose, defensive position lacking, vision, team defense theory, etc...

The whole team needs to learn how to block out for rebounds and not allow offensive rebounds

Master Debater

Liked Posts:
This thread wont age well if they end up only beating toronto, det and cleveland twice and lose the rest of their remaining games, end up with the 5th pick in the draft which would then go to Orlando. The time to "gel" is over. Again how in the hell you gonna develop that third wheel/star in Williams when he goes whole halfs even games without getting a shot. I get ZL and Vuc are "all -stars" but they shouldnt be taking half your shots.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
This thread wont age well if they end up only beating toronto, det and cleveland twice and lose the rest of their remaining games, end up with the 5th pick in the draft which would then go to Orlando. The time to "gel" is over. Again how in the hell you gonna develop that third wheel/star in Williams when he goes whole halfs even games without getting a shot. I get ZL and Vuc are "all -stars" but they shouldnt be taking half your shots.

its up to Pwill to take shots when they are there. He’s currently playing too timid. Something that shouldn’t be too surprising for one of the youngest players in the entire league.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This thread wont age well if they end up only beating toronto, det and cleveland twice and lose the rest of their remaining games, end up with the 5th pick in the draft which would then go to Orlando.
Don't think I posted it here, but I made this joke frequently with my friends after the trade.

Bud1234

Liked Posts:
After the trade, I was expecting a little better than this but not a lot. Expect to make playoffs but maybe not past the play in games. Part 2 of the plan will happen in off season with free agency.

Right now PWill looks to be mentally physically down, think he will bounce back

Also looks to be 2-4 guys that have packed it in knowing they won't be here next year.

I think the last few games has shown us that 1 thru 6 were are close to being as good as any other team.

The rest of the bench is well below the rest of the team. Sketchy on offense, poor on defense, rebounding

Orlando had a 10 day contract guy out play us last night

We need a PF and PG in Free Agency along with tough athletic guys coming off the bench

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I wasn't expecting this trade to improve the defense by any means, but thought it would give us enough offensive firepower to secure the 7th or 8th seed. Didn't think they'd actually look worse.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wasn't expecting this trade to improve the defense by any means, but thought it would give us enough offensive firepower to secure the 7th or 8th seed. Didn't think they'd actually look worse.
Arguably they are better still, it's just the defense was that bad and it's not improved at all.

Offensively you look at the numbers and they're pretty decent, a few players you'd like to see do more perhaps, but they look competent there. Defensively they seem to be a train wreck.

Master Debater

Liked Posts:
Arguably they are better still, it's just the defense was that bad and it's not improved at all.

Offensively you look at the numbers and they're pretty decent, a few players you'd like to see do more perhaps, but they look competent there. Defensively they seem to be a train wreck.

The team looks worse, offense and defense are part of the team. Their three wins are vs teams with depleted rosters due to covid or injuries. Maybe they still beat the pacers with sabonis playing given the final score but they lose the other two w's easily vs teams at full strength and they they turn around and lose to Orlando no less.

Vuc is 30 and maybe has 3 or 4 great years left at this level if you want to pay him through those years and likely after to get him to take an extension. ZL is still coming up on his walk year. Results after this traded needed to be almost immediate (really immediate minus a few games to gel) and that hasnt happened. As I said earlier the "gelling" phase has come and gone.

Sure they arent backed into a corner by any means, even if they lose all the games outside of the 4 I mentioned above to end the season 20 games below 500. "IF" they do indeed suck for the rest of the year you can always still go full rebuild before/during the draft especially if you end up getting a top 4 pick in the lotto

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The team looks worse, offense and defense are part of the team. Their three wins are vs teams with depleted rosters due to covid or injuries. Maybe they still beat the pacers with sabonis playing given the final score but they lose the other two w's easily vs teams at full strength and they they turn around and lose to Orlando no less.

Vuc is 30 and maybe has 3 or 4 great years left at this level if you want to pay him through those years and likely after to get him to take an extension. ZL is still coming up on his walk year. Results after this traded needed to be almost immediate (really immediate minus a few games to gel) and that hasnt happened. As I said earlier the "gelling" phase has come and gone.

Sure they arent backed into a corner by any means, even if they lose all the games outside of the 4 I mentioned above to end the season 20 games below 500. "IF" they do indeed suck for the rest of the year you can always still go full rebuild before/during the draft especially if you end up getting a top 4 pick in the lotto
Obviously the team has performed worse. They might as well have not made any trades because the result is still the same. On paper they have more talent...they should be better, but they're not. They couldn't stop a pebble from rolling down a hill. Something is not clicking defensively and the effort is just not there. No trade is going to fix that unless you trade away the entire team. Something has to happen within the existing group. They are capable of more.

But sure, full rebuild is always an option and they could certainly just end up losing out the rest of the year, especially now that Zach is out 2 weeks.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

that draft pick won’t be theirs, though

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure how you would go about playing defense with this group.

Who makes the game easier for others?

Not going to blame AA because this thing was held together with guano paste and their minimal success was kind of miraculous but still going nowhere longterm.

Gonna be a bit of a rebuild...P.Williams is the new timeline and they have 3-5 years to mature this roster.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Unless they end up with the 5th pick. Then everyone will just be salty

haha for sure some will. Can only protect it so much until Orlando would of been like nahhhhh

let’s get a top 4 pick baby!!