Detroit for 2

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Chicago has won five of six bouts against Detroit this season, with their most recent meeting on February 28 ending in a commanding 7-2 Blackhawks’ victory. That game, with no shortage of scoring, is perhaps most memorable for Patrick Kane scoring his career goal No. 400 in the win.

View from the other side

Red Wings blog, Winging It In Motown

Since their last meeting with the Hawks, the Red Wings’ struggles have continued, as they find themselves in last place in the Central Division, with a record of 15-23-6 propelling them to 36 points. However, in their last five games, Detroit has gone 3-1-1 against both the top two teams in the division in the Lightning and the Hurricanes. With the Red Wings playing some of their best hockey of the season, they’ll be looking to continue this trend and play spoiler to the Blackhawks on Thursday night.

The Blackhawks, who are coming off back-to-back wins against the Blue Jackets, have 13 games remaining on their regular season schedule. Currently, four points separate the Hawks from the No. 4 place in the division and a playoff spot, currently occupied by the Predators. In a season where teams only face divisional opponents, every single game counts, especially down the stretch.

So, what does this mean for the Blackhawks? While, the Hawks have largely found success against the Red Wings, they still have to head into this series prepared to play. With a three-game set versus Nashville — a team the Hawks haven’t beaten this season — coming up as well as games against the Lightning and Hurricanes, Chicago can’t afford to leave Detroit without four points.

Coming off of what was a fairly busy trade deadline for Stan Bowman, the Blackhawks lineup will feature newcomers Riley Stillman and Brett Connolly, with the latter of those two scoring his first goal in a Blackhawks uniform on Monday against Columbus. Calvin de Haan and Adam Boqvist are both dealing with injuries and will not play on Thursday. Slotting in for them will be Ian Mitchell — who was recently recalled from Rockford — and Nikita Zadorov, who was a healthy scratch in Chicago’s last game. A red-hot Kevin Lankinen gets the start in net.

While Chicago’s 2021 season has seen its ups and downs and a playoff series against a top seeded team seems to be an uphill battle, the Blackhawks find themselves in a scenario where they can make the playoffs. Maybe no one expected this to be the case, but here we are. The homestretch starts tonight in Hockeytown the underworld. Life is weird. I didn't ever think the Hawks would be in the same division as the Wings ever again. Much like Bruce Wayne putting away Joe Chill, what better way to make a playoff push than to light the lamp against Detroit. To our men of Four Feathers: This city needs you.

Let’s Go Hawks!

Blackhawks — Statistic — Red Wings

45.81% (30th) — Corsi For — 46.15% (27th)

46.93% (27th) — Expected goals for — 46.15% (30th)

2.79 (17th) — Goals per game — 2.23 (31st)

3.09 (21st) — Goals against per game — 3.16 (24th)

46.9% (27th) — Faceoffs — 49.9% (16th)

24.6% (6th) — Power play — 12.0% (30th)

73.3% (29th) — Penalty kill — 76.2% (26th)

Projected lineups (subject to change)
Blackhawks

DeBrincat — Dach — Kane

Hagel — Suter — Strome

Kubalik — Kurashev — Hinostroza

Connolly — Kampf — Carpenter

Stillman — Murphy

Keith — Kalynuk

Zadorov — Mitchell

Lankinen

Subban

Red Wings

Svechnikov — Larkin — Zadina

Vrana — Rasmussen — Filppula

Panik — Namestnikov — Gagner

Helm — Glendening — Erne

Cholowski — Hronek

Staal — Stecher

Dekeyser — Lindstrom

Bernier

Greiss

BO and Dehann both out
Go Hawks!!

Granada

Liked Posts:
Mitchell draws back in tonight, this is a big game for him. He needs to prove he can find his game again.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Hawks need to take both games. The Preds are hot and dont seem to be losing much as of late. All fingers are pointing to the Nashville series as the make it or break it for the playoff, so for the time being the Hawks need to stay within striking distance.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Mitchell with Keith early this year looked like a great pairing.

JC fucks that up by putting Bustvist back with Keith when healthy and Mitchell dropped like a rock.

Mitchell/DK together and leave them alone for crying out loud. Let the kid develop playing with the damn legend.

Dach needs a big game from this pair

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Detroit sux. Hawks win 4-2 penis on aggregate

Wino. Ditka.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Scratch that the Hawks are really, really bad

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Wow being outhustled by Detroit, Nashville losing to Carolina.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
WOW I dont like to get down but what a shit show
terrible game from Murp
77 with a couple and could not find net
And last we have a PP that has given up way to many chances the other way and JC goes 5 fowards
And 38 cant get time on either unit mark my words that man will never coach in NHL once he is done here!!
Thanks for letting me vent , shit shit shit

Bust

Liked Posts:
Mitchell with Keith early this year looked like a great pairing.

JC fucks that up by putting Bustvist back with Keith when healthy and Mitchell dropped like a rock.

Mitchell/DK together and leave them alone for crying out loud. Let the kid develop playing with the damn legend.

Dach needs a big game from this pair

Kek...

They got balanced production prior to the free fall that started in March. Kane has cooled off as well. Lankinen has also been spotty at times.

Dach given his draft status will never amount to much if he can't finish and score goals.

Season is OVER

Last edited:

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
WOW I dont like to get down but what a shit show
terrible game from Murp
77 with a couple and could not find net
And last we have a PP that has given up way to many chances the other way and JC goes 5 fowards
And 38 cant get time on either unit mark my words that man will never coach in NHL once he is done here!!
Thanks for letting me vent , shit shit shit
JC is a lapdog not a coach.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We traded out two physical stalwarts in Janmark and Soderberg that gave the line-up some integrity along with Murphy/Zadorov/Carp/Kampf

It might not seem like much but then the few big strong guys we have get overly targeted and overwhelmed and Murphy just gives up being physical knowing he isn't John Scott or Richie and doesn't have back-up...and Zadorov just takes nights off, and Carp and Kampf are punching above their weight class already...

so we get bitch slapped. But don't listen to me, add another Hino or two...go get some emo euro kids and hope for the best taking the ice against a warrior culture of speed skating behemoths. I'm sure our stick work will dazzle them into submission.

I hate when Stan does this.

Now that my tears have stopped, I'll add that Detroit has been very competitive the last month. They have a good goalie and have been playing with fire. This result didn't surprise me and we'll see how the guys come back today, but as these teams are currently built it won't be fun for us even if we win.

I wish Stan would take his tiny little baby dick in his hands...and stand in front of a mirror...and just say "I accept myself." "I accept myself." "I accept myself."

And then he wouldn't have to prove to us a zombie army of 5'6" 150 lb pre-pubescent man-children can win in the NHL.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Very ugly collapse after the softie by Lankinen, but the Preds lost to the Canes last night as well. So, still only 4 points back with a 3-game series against them starting Monday -- I'm a realist of course, but it's not over until that 3-game series is complete, especially if the Canes can sweep and the Hawks can pull their heads out of their asses in game 2 against Detroit.

This 3-game series will be make-or-break, which is pretty satisfying for me as a fan this year. I had zero expectations this team was going to make to playoffs, even before Toews, Seabs, and Dach went down -- but the fact they are this competitive this late in the year is nice. I still don't expect the Hawks to pull it out, but even if they miss the playoffs, it was an enjoyable season overall -- much more so than I anticipated.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Thanks Gran kinda needed a voice of reason. Big one Saturday I just dont want to see us pass around the outside on PP.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Very ugly collapse after the softie by Lankinen, but the Preds lost to the Canes last night as well. So, still only 4 points back with a 3-game series against them starting Monday -- I'm a realist of course, but it's not over until that 3-game series is complete, especially if the Canes can sweep and the Hawks can pull their heads out of their asses in game 2 against Detroit.

This 3-game series will be make-or-break, which is pretty satisfying for me as a fan this year. I had zero expectations this team was going to make to playoffs, even before Toews, Seabs, and Dach went down -- but the fact they are this competitive this late in the year is nice. I still don't expect the Hawks to pull it out, but even if they miss the playoffs, it was an enjoyable season overall -- much more so than I anticipated.

You? LOL. @hawkinmontreal and I were predicting less than 10 wins! The losses are far less painful knowing that they are not there yet but just the fact that they are so much closer than we thought is comforting. Seeing that so many of these young guys have an NHL game makes even watching a loss interesting.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Those lines are disgusting. I prefer hating JC to liking him.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Vinnie with the steal and schweet assist to Kane.

GREAT TRADE BY STAN!!!

Bust

Liked Posts:
Hinistroza MVP!

Dach can't finish

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Thats better. 28 38 48 with nice games liked 61 also Props to JC 5 forward experiment over and good feel for 28 game and moved him with 88.REST UP BOYS lets hope next week is fun !!!