Time to end the Colliton experiment...

#21Proud

Liked Posts:
Coaches do (or should) make a difference. Anybody surprised by how well the Panthers are playing? Especially with a rebuild in place, a solid foundation needs to be established, and it starts with defence! Last night's loss to Detroit shouldn't be a shock....their coach has made corrections and that team is on the rise, with no better talent than Chicago. Nothing against Jeremy, personally, but his assignment was not well thought out. He was in Rockford (doing well) so he was just convenient. Imagine if this team had a Barry Trotz... right now, I have no doubt the Hawks would be a solid contender. At the very least, let Mark Crawford take over for the final run....

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I agree with this, just not Crawford. His style of hockey will never come back and the NHL won't be happy when he brings in a line full of goons every fourth shift.

Babcock.

Whatever issue Toews has will suddenly dissapear if they signed him. He will be hard on rookies and they won't be pushed into the NHL until they're ready.

Plus, players like Strome won't get minutes if they can't play in their own zone.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
First.....Detroit is the second oldest team in the league. They are loaded with veterans. Chicago is a team that nobody and I mean NOBODY thought they would be where they are. So JC has a very young team that's rebuilding and playing over their head....yet, he's doing a bad job? And you got a coach in Detroit with a team of veterans that finally decide to start playing with 75% of the season burned off.....and he's doing a good job?

This team is NOT a contender. You do realize the Hawks sent this letter out, don't you? They are as surprised as we are....while I don't think JC is a HOF coach by any stretch, the veterans here have bought into him and the young players play for him. There's something to be said for that.

1618598095982.png

Last edited:

Bust

Liked Posts:
Coaches do (or should) make a difference. Anybody surprised by how well the Panthers are playing? Especially with a rebuild in place, a solid foundation needs to be established, and it starts with defence! Last night's loss to Detroit shouldn't be a shock....their coach has made corrections and that team is on the rise, with no better talent than Chicago. Nothing against Jeremy, personally, but his assignment was not well thought out. He was in Rockford (doing well) so he was just convenient. Imagine if this team had a Barry Trotz... right now, I have no doubt the Hawks would be a solid contender. At the very least, let Mark Crawford take over for the final run....

Red Wings just swept the Hurricanes and split with the Lightning.

As the great Ulysses S. Grant once said, "it's not who you play but when you play them..."

SEASONS OVER

KBIB

Liked Posts:
This teams like that scene in The Warriors where the baseball clown guy is chasing after the Warriors and the leader baseball clown is running just a little bit faster then the rest of the baseball clowns and is pulling away....

Only to get his ass kicked in seconds by Ajax

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't agree any coach could get this team in the playoffs. It wasn't as bad as I thought, and with a healthy Toews and Dach and adding a second goalie at the deadline maybe it was possible in hindsight...but just barely.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't agree any coach could get this team in the playoffs. It wasn't as bad as I thought, and with a healthy Toews and Dach and adding a second goalie at the deadline maybe it was possible in hindsight...but just barely.

I'm glad they didn't go that route. They're just not there yet....the best thing is that they are a lot closer than any of us thought.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I agree with this, just not Crawford. His style of hockey will never come back and the NHL won't be happy when he brings in a line full of goons every fourth shift.

Babcock.

Whatever issue Toews has will suddenly dissapear if they signed him. He will be hard on rookies and they won't be pushed into the NHL until they're ready.

Plus, players like Strome won't get minutes if they can't play in their own zone.
Can you please stop with the bullshit Toews conspiracies.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm glad they didn't go that route. They're just not there yet....the best thing is that they are a lot closer than any of us thought.
Are they?

The best 3 players are still dinosaurs on a timetable. I doubt Stan or JC survive long enough to turn this around.

I don't think "value" is jumping off the page of any of their first round D, and hoping this draft coming is as deep as Martini says they could conceivably walk away with 3 players.

I mean...we are in a playoff race and just iced Hagel-Suter-Strome , Hino-Kurashev-Kubalik as second and third lines and got curb stomped by Detroit.

Janmark was an important piece, imo. We took a step back and the greatness of Keith and Kane was/is the only thing holding this ship together.

Those are little bitch lines. I could honestly fight either line 3vs1 and 4 people would take trips to the hospital and I'm an old skinny fat guy.

I don't know how to fix this team. Even our best options are broken lines with flaws. Every time we find a line with chemistry Stan trades 1/3 of it pretty shortly after.

What they have done is miraculous but I don't think we are close at all. I guess I will reserve judgement for a normal 80 game schedule.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I have been saying this for a long time, JC is out of his league, all he is, is Bowmans lapdog. Someone named Babcock, is that a joke? Stan couldn’t handle Q, and fired him, just imagine Babcock.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Are they? I dont think we can honestly say that, and the reason why. The team had limited travel, the team did not play a full 82 game season, players such as Kurashev and Suter looked like bright spots, but have fallen off the wagon, the defence is a trainwreck. I was hoping Mitchell and Beaudin would be better yes they are young, but they certainly don’t look like a number 1 or 2 future defender, that leaves Boqvist as our number 1 guy behind Keith. Lankinen has been phenomenal, Hagel has been good, but there is to many holes in this team, there is a whole lot to be concerned about moving forward.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Colliton can hang around...teams not there yet, let him fumble around until it's more complete.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Are they? I dont think we can honestly say that, and the reason why. The team had limited travel, the team did not play a full 82 game season, players such as Kurashev and Suter looked like bright spots, but have fallen off the wagon, the defence is a trainwreck. I was hoping Mitchell and Beaudin would be better yes they are young, but they certainly don’t look like a number 1 or 2 future defender, that leaves Boqvist as our number 1 guy behind Keith. Lankinen has been phenomenal, Hagel has been good, but there is to many holes in this team, there is a whole lot to be concerned about moving forward.

First, the travel and schedule thing does not only apply to the Hawks....so there is no advantage there as it's league wide. I know for a fact that you didn't think this team would win double digit games....I know that because I was saying the same thing. I never said they were close, I'm saying they are closer than we thought. They will win close to 3 times the games we thought they would win before the season started.

So, to answer your question.....Are they closer? Yes, they most certainly are.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Can you please stop with the bullshit Toews conspiracies.
I should, but I won't.

Toews wanted no part of JC and until there's an actual medical report surfacing as to why Toews isn't playing I'll lean more towards Toews shouting at JC on the bench last year as to why he isn't there this year along with the whole shocked there in a rebuild when he had no clue before the season started.

As for the draft, it's stocked two rounds. How many first or second round picks did Stan get trading away all the surplus vets the Hawks had? One?

If Stan gets fired, so be it. The Hawks have two, count them slowly, two top line players who would be on a contender in Kane and Cat. Everyone else is scraps. Suter, Kurashev, etc are forth liners on a Cup contender and here JC is feeding them Kane who can only do so much. Dach has been heralded as a savior and he doesn't shoot or win face offs. Bustvist can't stay healthy and has brain concerns, mitchells development started off great then curtailed into meh, Beaudin has moments where he's next level then the rest of the time he looks lost, etc,etc.

Instead of sending pity notes to season ticket holders, they need to just say "hey, we fucked up. Give us about five years of completely sucking and getting high draft picks so we can draft the next Kane and Toews because we suck at drafting when the picks are not laid out in front of us"

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Most figured before the season started 6 or 7 in Division. They might end up 5 or 6th.
The guy in net accounts for most of that so thats the reason they are closer for the most part.
Kids playing hard for JC I have not seen that since they went to TB.
Would anyone think its a huge mistake to can JC I doubt it
But he will be here for next year so this is all just silly talk. Do I think there are better coaches out there hell yes
Will they do what Stan wants I dont think so. As Jim said let him stumble around some more.
But next season there will be fans in the stands.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
I have been saying this for a long time, JC is out of his league, all he is, is Bowmans lapdog. Someone named Babcock, is that a joke? Stan couldn’t handle Q, and fired him, just imagine Babcock.
Leave me to my dream of having a real coach, thanx

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Most figured before the season started 6 or 7 in Division. They might end up 5 or 6th.
The guy in net accounts for most of that so thats the reason they are closer for the most part.
Kids playing hard for JC I have not seen that since they went to TB.
Would anyone think its a huge mistake to can JC I doubt it
But he will be here for next year so this is all just silly talk. Do I think there are better coaches out there hell yes
Will they do what Stan wants I dont think so. As Jim said let him stumble around some more.
But next season there will be fans in the stands.
I really think Stan is more comfortable with a puppet on his lap then an actual coach.

The great thing about this season is finding Lankinen. He's an NHL goalie for sure and will get better when he has an actual defense in front of him. Lankinen/Kane deserve all the credit for their run, not JC.

When Kane cooled off carrying the offense, there went the season. When Kampf is playing more then ten minutes a game, you gotta point the finger at the coach.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
First, the travel and schedule thing does not only apply to the Hawks....so there is no advantage there as it's league wide. I know for a fact that you didn't think this team would win double digit games....I know that because I was saying the same thing. I never said they were close, I'm saying they are closer than we thought. They will win close to 3 times the games we thought they would win before the season started.

So, to answer your question.....Are they closer? Yes, they most certainly are.
I had them at 6 wins, so I will give you this one diehard.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Leave me to my dream of having a real coach, thanx
Babcock a real coach, thanks for the laughs. The guy is an asshole, now that’s the type of coach the Hawks need right? to get the kids to the next level.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Are they?

The best 3 players are still dinosaurs on a timetable. I doubt Stan or JC survive long enough to turn this around.

I don't think "value" is jumping off the page of any of their first round D, and hoping this draft coming is as deep as Martini says they could conceivably walk away with 3 players.

I mean...we are in a playoff race and just iced Hagel-Suter-Strome , Hino-Kurashev-Kubalik as second and third lines and got curb stomped by Detroit.

Janmark was an important piece, imo. We took a step back and the greatness of Keith and Kane was/is the only thing holding this ship together.

Those are little bitch lines. I could honestly fight either line 3vs1 and 4 people would take trips to the hospital and I'm an old skinny fat guy.

I don't know how to fix this team. Even our best options are broken lines with flaws. Every time we find a line with chemistry Stan trades 1/3 of it pretty shortly after.

What they have done is miraculous but I don't think we are close at all. I guess I will reserve judgement for a normal 80 game schedule.

Are you skinny-fat like a Stockton Diaz brother?