CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well if that turns into fact and Seattle does indeed grab De hann.....pretty certain the Hawks won't invest another 3-4 million on a guy like Zadorov who is pretty much a statue out there. They could be rid of both of them. More of the kids getting ice time.

I like it.
Stan stated outright in an interview yesterday that they would try to resign Zadarov.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Murphy plays more confidently with him, but JC does alot of line fuckery.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just think they decided to tank. Hold Boqvist out cautiously. Not sign another goalie. Trading Janmark.

I'm hoping for a second from the Kraken to agree to expose Strome.

De Haan, zadorov or Murphy, Carp, Connolly, suppan, hino, or you can get strome for a second? And one more fwd I probably don't realize is eligible.

Man, I think Mike Reilly for a third looks like the best deadline get so far. And Hall is the best fit get.

The bruins became contenders. Good roster to poach for a goalie or anything else, the are cap stretched.

Last edited:

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like it. Highmore wasn't my favorite. Lost nothing and two kids get a fresh look with better fits.

Treat him well and he is likely to re-sign for another minimum...Stan loading up on big offensive centers in anticipation of moving Strome or Toews to the Kraken.

His profile fits good here for what the Hawks need.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Florida's take...

The inclusion of the 23-year-old Borgstrom, Florida’s first round pick in 2016, will certainly stir some waves among the fan base. A former college phenom at the University of Denver, Borgstrom has spent this season toiling with HIFK in Finland’s Liiga, where he has collected 11 goals and 19 points in 27 games.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I get the thought of Stan I think that Connolly replaces Janmark who brought a higher return on a rental, while Hino brings in the points.

Nice 3 point game from Hino yesterday, btw.

Borgstrom and Baudette bring in some interesting fresh blood for the center position. Guys with size and offensive potential.

If they had no intention of signing Janmark long term then the deadline made 100% sense. He apparently needed to get a few more points to impress them, but I thought that was unfair without the usual depth to play with on the third line he was usually playing with 4th liners on the third line, which is what he came here to escape from in the first place. Oh well, he gets his chance playing on a 4th line with third liners in Vegas. lol

I would have rather gotten Connolly, kept Janmark, gotten Mike Reilly with our third rounder, and traded back for Lehnar with the Knights and told Toews to get his ass back and give what he can.

But...tank it is. Send Toews or Strome to Kraken for picks, try forgotten centers out and probably blockbuster Kane in the off-season, maybe trade Keith at the deadline next year to a contender and send him to pasture.

The rebuild will have 2-3 years left but the past will be done.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Looks like his contract ends at the end of the year so I assume it's moot and he's probably gone anyway but maybe Hawks make a big enough impression on him.
Gaudette is RFA so im sure they offer sheet him at about 1.1 he really has no leverage. Thats if the Hawks want to keep him.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Gaudette is RFA so im sure they offer sheet him at about 1.1 he really has no leverage. Thats if the Hawks want to keep him.
I couldn't tell from the article I saw what his status was. Pretty low risk at about 1M if they keep him.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Florida's take...

The inclusion of the 23-year-old Borgstrom, Florida’s first round pick in 2016, will certainly stir some waves among the fan base. A former college phenom at the University of Denver, Borgstrom has spent this season toiling with HIFK in Finland’s Liiga, where he has collected 11 goals and 19 points in 27 games.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Send Toews or Strome to Kraken for picks,

Both of those are great moves actually. Particularly getting that 10.5 off the books.

Rebuild or not. Bottomline. Any one of Dach, Borg, Gaudette need to become a legitimate threat and develop into a 15+ goal scorer. This needs to happen while Kane is still at the top of his game. Once that happens, it all changes boys.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Suter-Toews-Kubalik
Cat-Dach-Kane
Reichel-Borgstrom-Hino
Hagel-Baudette-Kurashev/Kampf

I love what the Hawks are cooking.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Borg has a wicked shot, his favorite goal target appears to be straight at the goalies ear hole upper corner. He hits that in the NHL. Winner winner chicken dinner!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Connolly, Baudette, and Borgstrom are like Strome level top ten picks with potential.

The Hawks love to look at that type in their system.

Borg is exciting and did he win a championship with Denver U?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Connolly, Baudette, and Borgstrom are like Strome level top ten picks with potential.

It's because Stan is much more enamored with college hockey than the NHL. Anyone who gets a mention for the Hobey Baker will always have a place with the Hawks if they need it.

Bust

Liked Posts:

All they need is for one to get hot at the right time.

Back in the day the Penguins cup run started cause little known Jake Guentzel joined the team at the half way point and scored 16 goals after being called up mid season and topped it off by scoring 13 more times in the playoffs that year that helped the Penguins win the cup.

Can anyone step up these remaining games? The last 4 Blackhawk wins have come when the team has netted 4 goals.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The thing with Zadorov, is that at 3.2, he's actually a bargain at what he brings.

A couple years ago, this guy was a human highlight reel leveling players in open ice. That, after what the Hawks media was saying after the trade, was what I was expecting.

What we got was another one of JC's tinkering projects with the "well, you scare the living shit out of forwards in the neutral zone to the point a legend like Patrick Kane said he was happy he wasn't playing against you any more, but we're gonna change your game because I'm the head coach" approaches similar to what they did to Bustvist.

They need a new head coach.
Getting real for a second here, the pussification of the 'hawks predates JC's arrival.

2016: Kane gets run, Panarin comes to his aid, Panarin never does it again.
2018: Malkin runs Crawford. No retaliation whatsoever. No one taking potshots at him or Crosby, no running of their goalie. Not a single player who wasn't contributing that year (Read: every skater not named Kempny or Kane--and even they are debatable) decides to stand up for the guy holding them at the playoff line.
Early 2019 (I believe--timeframe is hazy, possibly right before Q's fired or right after JC's brought on): Keith gets ran. Debrincat, of all people, steps up. Didn't see that from him again all year.
2019: Evander Kane runs Crawford and puts him out for the 2nd time in as many seasons--again, no retaliation whatsoever. No one who wasn't contributing did anything--and none of the players that were even attempted to get even on the scoresheet.

The fact of the matter remains that the pack mentality and snarl has been gone from the 'hawks for a good long while. It might not be JC driving it even though he could reverse it. Just speculation on my part, but I think it's Bowman the Beancounter driving the pussification of the 'hawks.

That being said, while I'm okay with JXC being gone and would advocate it, I don't think anyone coach changes that until they get rid of their resident Legume Reckoner.