Could Robinson be the key to convince Miami to trade down to 20?

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
If Fields is there at 6, Pace has to convince Miami that coming down to 20 works for them. Looks like Miami wants another weapon to help Tua develop. Robinson could work really well with their other 2 WRs. Offer them the Bears 1st round picks 21 and 22 with Robinson for Pick #6. Bears draft Future Hall Of Fame player QB Justin Fields.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
What have I missed since Fields was consensus #2 pick few months ago to now suggesting he could fall to 6??

if the bears wanted to be good they needed to trade up in this draft with NY/Miami for Fields/Wilson and that ship sailed months ago

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
What have I missed since Fields was consensus #2 pick few months ago to now suggesting he could fall to 6??

if the bears wanted to be good they needed to trade up in this draft with NY/Miami for Fields/Wilson and that ship sailed months ago
Most analysts are very confident that Fields will drop to 4. If Atlanta doesn't take him or trade the pick he will be there at 6.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah let’s create another hole to fill, brilliant

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
If Fields is there at 6, Pace has to convince Miami that coming down to 20 works for them. Looks like Miami wants another weapon to help Tua develop. Robinson could work really well with their other 2 WRs. Offer them the Bears 1st round picks 21 and 22 with Robinson for Pick #6. Bears draft Future Hall Of Fame player QB Justin Fields.

Devante Parker, Will Fuller and ARob would be nuts for the 1 year the last 2 are under contract. Of course, so would Parker, Fuller, and Jamarr Chase/Jaylen Waddle, with the rookie being there for 5 years. Don't really like that trade for either team, because at that point, the Bears would have a QB with nobody for him to throw to and nobody to protect him. Of course, they keep their 2nd, but then you have a choice to make.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, unless Miami has secured some sort of long term deal with Robinson which I doubt. He could be tossed in with some valuation, perhaps equal to a 5th round valuation or 6th since again, he's only on a 1 year deal.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
No, unless Miami has secured some sort of long term deal with Robinson which I doubt. He could be tossed in with some valuation, perhaps equal to a 5th round valuation or 6th since again, he's only on a 1 year deal.
Obviously an extension would have to be worked out for Robinson before the trade. Doesn't take long when they have the cap and would pay market.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Much easier to find a wide receiver than find a left tackle or a quarterback.
Yes and the nice thing about this draft is the 3 strongest areas are our biggest needs (besides QB) WR, OT, CB. If they only trade the 20th pick Should get solid picks in the 2nd and 3rd round.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Yeah let’s create another hole to fill, brilliant
With the Bears starting Dalton this year and probably turning it over to a 2nd year guy next year will make it even tougher to re-sign Robinson. He probably walks next Spring.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
With the Bears starting Dalton this year and probably turning it over to a 2nd year guy next year will make it even tougher to re-sign Robinson. He probably walks next Spring.
Yeah these are my feelings. He's gone anyways and unless the Bears pull off a miracle at left tackle they are headed for six wins. Might as well cash him in now rather than wait two years for the compensatory selection.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
After that trade you sign Antonio Brown for a year, draft Radunz or Leatherwood rd 2 and Eskridge rd 3.

I doubt any of this happens, but that wr speed would be electric and Montgomery and kmet would bring the physicality on offense. The only hole would be Leno at LT

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
After that trade you sign Antonio Brown for a year, draft Radunz or Leatherwood rd 2 and Eskridge rd 3.

I doubt any of this happens, but that wr speed would be electric and Montgomery and kmet would bring the physicality on offense. The only hole would be Leno at LT
Really like Leatherwood as a 2nd round pick. Could be the swing tackle in 21 if he doesn't win a starting job. Like Eskridge too.

Montucky

Liked Posts:

If the Bears could just figure out left tackle it solves so many problems. It probably even makes the Andy Dalton signing suddenly tenable. So frustrating.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Devante Parker, Will Fuller and ARob would be nuts for the 1 year the last 2 are under contract. Of course, so would Parker, Fuller, and Jamarr Chase/Jaylen Waddle, with the rookie being there for 5 years. Don't really like that trade for either team, because at that point, the Bears would have a QB with nobody for him to throw to and nobody to protect him. Of course, they keep their 2nd, but then you have a choice to make.

Chase/waddle could obviously bust and in this scenario miami gets robinson plus 2 firsts. As mentioned below this only works if robinson had an extension agreed upon. Not a big hurdle. I think it does make sense for miami. They bring in a solid vet plus they can use the two extra first round picks to keep building.

The bears are pretty much backed into a corner. They have to get a quarterback they can build on. The price might suck.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Miami would take an impact WR high on a much cheaper contract than to trade for an older, lower-ceiling player that will command a massive payday next year. Other teams might be interested but they would also want a 1st or a 2nd to go with it.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like what you are cooking, and think it's possible only if Chase and Pitts are not available.

If available they get their Julio Jones.

But I think Atlanta and Cincy have good reason to take those two off the board.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I like what you are cooking, and think it's possible only if Chase and Pitts are not available.

If available they get their Julio Jones.

But I think Atlanta and Cincy have good reason to take those two off the board.
Cincy should take oline if they care about their franchise

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Miami is currently over the cap (effective cap) as it is. Not to mention, why would they trade back up to 6, only then to trade back down to 20? And for what amounts to only a 2022 1st? Why not just take Chase or Waddle, both who would be on rookie deals? I don't think Miami would be at all interested in Arob