3 against sunshine state

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Racer x if Kane were put on the market teams would be rushing to the phone, even at 33 he is a top 10 talent in the league with only a few years left on his contract, imagine him in Colorado or Vegas, they sure as hell have the space to acquire him. 10.5 for a player such as Kane is a steal for a team who wants to win the cup now.
Toews on the other hand is complicated, but if he comes back next season and shines, you would be totally flabbergasted at what teams would offer for his talent and leadership combined with his winning pedigree.

IDK, IMO Kane would may fetch a 1st from a contender, or a couple 2nds from a wannabe contender. It's not a matter of his talent, which is still immense, it's his cap hit and age. Yeah, he will be a legit sniper for at least the next couple years, but will a team pay all of the following for this services? $10.5 MM cap hit, 1st round pick, and legit prospects. I doubt it. He isn't going to contribute anything beyond offense.

As for Toews, no one will offer ANYTHING for him at $10.5MM/per, he's just not worth more than that at this juncture. And no contender has the capacity to take on that much cap hit without shipping us some trash.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
IDK, IMO Kane would may fetch a 1st from a contender, or a couple 2nds from a wannabe contender. It's not a matter of his talent, which is still immense, it's his cap hit and age. Yeah, he will be a legit sniper for at least the next couple years, but will a team pay all of the following for this services? $10.5 MM cap hit, 1st round pick, and legit prospects. I doubt it. He isn't going to contribute anything beyond offense.

As for Toews, no one will offer ANYTHING for him at $10.5MM/per, he's just not worth more than that at this juncture. And no contender has the capacity to take on that much cap hit without shipping us some trash.
That’s where we are in disagreement, there is no doubt he will fetch a first round pick. Just take a quick glance around the league and check out the leading scorers then check out there linemates. Not one leading scorer in the league has a revolving door for centermen, and not one of those centermen are anywhere as insufficient at face offs like the players on the Hawks. In terms of contribution, any team that were to pick him up would in no doubt be looking for his offense, but say that’s all he would contribute is unjust statement. Kane is no Kopitar in the defensive zone but he knows how to play positional hockey when need be.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Kane

Stan might get a 1st round pick for Kane at this stage of his career but he is going to have to take on 10.5 million or close to it in bad contracts in return to balance out the cap.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Kane

Stan might get a 1st round pick for Kane at this stage of his career but he is going to have to take on 10.5 million or close to it in bad contracts in return to balance out the cap.
Bingo

SkyKing

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Toews has little trade value and isn't going anywhere. Right now he's damaged goods having had several concussions, has a big NMC, missed a whole season and is only getting older. He isn't the elite center he once was so I doubt anyone would take a chance with him so he'll likely finish out his contract here. I'm predicting a situation like Hossa, Seabrook, or Shaw, where they had current contracts but health-wise couldn't lace 'em up anymore. Toews says he wants to come back but so did the aforementioned players. I like the guy and hope he comes back and does well but things don't look so good in my eyes.

Kane is still an elite player and the big draw in Chicago. I doubt the Hawks move him unless someone dangles a huge carrot in front of them and Kane agrees with it but who is out there with the cap space and willing to do that? When his contract is done, I'd bet the Hawks will do whatever they can to keep him but of course, Bowman being Bowman, he will vastly overpay him. However, you never know if there's a contender out there who'd be willing to outbid Bowman or if Kane would be tired of rebuilding. Kane is in the driver's seat with his deal.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Toews has little trade value and isn't going anywhere. Right now he's damaged goods having had several concussions, has a big NMC, missed a whole season and is only getting older. He isn't the elite center he once was so I doubt anyone would take a chance with him so he'll likely finish out his contract here. I'm predicting a situation like Hossa, Seabrook, or Shaw, where they had current contracts but health-wise couldn't lace 'em up anymore. Toews says he wants to come back but so did the aforementioned players. I like the guy and hope he comes back and does well but things don't look so good in my eyes.

Kane is still an elite player and the big draw in Chicago. I doubt the Hawks move him unless someone dangles a huge carrot in front of them and Kane agrees with it but who is out there with the cap space and willing to do that? When his contract is done, I'd bet the Hawks will do whatever they can to keep him but of course, Bowman being Bowman, he will vastly overpay him. However, you never know if there's a contender out there who'd be willing to outbid Bowman or if Kane would be tired of rebuilding. Kane is in the driver's seat with his deal.
I like your assessment of the situation. I am in total agreement with you about Kaner, he has all the power and as you said, he is in the driver seat on his future deal or any deal for that matter.
In relation to Toews, yes he is damaged goods, and the likelihood of him being traded is at an all time low, he has a higher chance of retirement if anything. This post started with speculation and a hypothetical question on if Kane and Toews were traded what would there value be in relation to the fact that this team has so many glaring issues. I am not sure if you read the posts that far back.
On a side not Kaners contract is up at the same time the Cats contract is up, that could be costly given Decats phenomenal play this season.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Fun game to watch. this team is so loose defensively forwards and Dmen,

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Racer x if Kane were put on the market teams would be rushing to the phone, even at 33 he is a top 10 talent in the league with only a few years left on his contract, imagine him in Colorado or Vegas, they sure as hell have the space to acquire him. 10.5 for a player such as Kane is a steal for a team who wants to win the cup now.
Toews on the other hand is complicated, but if he comes back next season and shines, you would be totally flabbergasted at what teams would offer for his talent and leadership combined with his winning pedigree.
I agree...

I think we could actually expose Toews to the Kraken to block a space and dare them to take a head case broken player with iron deficiency at 10.5 million.

They either free us up of a cap burden, and the Hawks replace him with three good veterans, or it blocks an exposure of say Hagel or Kampf.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think we should talk Kane into letting us trade him to the Penguins so they can make one last run with Crosby/Malken.

They would have to give up the farm but might be into it. The Panthers are another possibility. The Kraken would be into it for sales. Vegas would be into it for a chip. Would Colorado do it...they don't need much offense but if you built a second super power line around Kane to go with that first line in Colorado get the fuck out of here.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let’s take a second to look at this, yes NMC would be needed, but the truth is, if the team were actually on a intense rebuild and you could get a few first rounders and a couple good kids for Toews and Kane you have to consider it. This teams has to many glaring needs. Bowman is in a tough spot, Hawks need draft picks, first round top ten picks. The only way we get those is by trading Kane and Toews. Do I want that to happen, no, but the Hawks are definitely in a tough place right now.
The point is...they have to waive. If they don't everything is moot. There is no guarantee they waive, and they have every right to refuse.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
can someone please tell me what 16 was doing on the 4th goal. Sorry I cant take 5-8 bonehead plays from a Dman every night.
I don't know.
Why has he lost his confidence here? Same as Murphy.
And where the hell is Barrett?

Bust

Liked Posts:
can someone please tell me what 16 was doing on the 4th goal. Sorry I cant take 5-8 bonehead plays from a Dman every night.

All good. Rasmus Dahlin is taking his minutes next year!

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
The point is...they have to waive. If they don't everything is moot. There is no guarantee they waive, and they have every right to refuse.
It was more hypothetical than anything.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I don't know.
Why has he lost his confidence here? Same as Murphy.
And where the hell is Barrett?
Coaching coaching coaching that may answer your question JC is trash.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Come playoff time or maybe the Cat's last two against Tampa,we'll see their 3rd leading scorer Verheaghy and their 4th leading scorer Hornqvist draw back in over rookies Denisenko and Heponiemi after getin' rested and ready.
We probably see Marchment and Stralman draw back in as well and Chris Driedger and his 2.17GAA/.923 sv% will be in net.......I don't see 'Bob' winning PO series but who knows

SkyKing

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I live in FL and although I live on the west coast, the Panthers are considered in my local TV market. I had to watch the local broadcast and the FL announcer immediately asked, "Where was the defenseman?"