CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Its not that he is soft, but he played tentative......a lack of aggression....he seemed to play catch-up as his career went on
Ok, well the word being used was soft, so take it up with the Twitter DBags.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow, just wow. I was fine with rolling with Leno for this year until they made improvements (or grow the rookies/young guys). I got a feeling they might have an upgrade in mind.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Leno sucked for a couple of years now, but he was very healthy, and for a 7th rounder, he had a decent career here. It would not surprise me if this lit a fire under his butt and he ended up playing well for someone else.

However, it is concerning that a very good prospect for RT is now possibly going to be forced into playing LT.

If that is the plan then stay with it, the worse thing they could do is flop him back and forth during his first season in the NFL.

I think they are going to sign a Vet and put Jenkins at RT, at least I think that would be the best move.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Wow.......Bears are high on their 2 draft choices......i stand corrected....

Lets just hope it's not just this and this move ends up being the right move^^

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
Saw some Bears Twitter D-Bags calling Leno soft. Not sure how you can call a 7th rounder who played in 90+ games on the offensive line soft, but Bears fans have never been known for their branes.

I've always appreciated Leno for his value. He got cut because he is one of the very few players on the roster than doesn't have a large sum of guaranteed money. Leno is gone because of Quinn/Dalton/Trevathan.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
"Leno now available for LT-needy teams."

tenor.gif

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
This will be an unpopular opinion, but I don't like the move.

His cap hit this was supposed to be $11,294,000 and cutting him will result in $5,082,000 dead cap space. The net savings is $6,212,000.

That's decent savings, but it also forces a rookie into action early while limiting the depth.

To be clear, I'm not saying Leno is better, but for what they got being ~$6.2M in cap space they are now rushing the development of Jenkins and making the team more vulnerable to injury.

I'm always against rushing a rookie into playing. I think for their own confidence it's best for them to start once they have won the job. As bad as Leno has been, without training camp it seems way too early to say a 2nd rounder is a starter.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
He'll go somewhere and not make it through training camp. He was a made man in Chicago for reasons that were never apparent when you watched him play, absent that exalted status he won't be rosterable unless a team is truly truly truly desperate.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Expected to save 9M on designated June 1 cut. Not sure how I feel about this before we see Jenkins in action.

I wonder if this is a statement on development of our young tackles or just how poorly they thought of Leno's play.