Leno. HE GONE

napo55

Liked Posts:
According to Spotrac, the Bears are No. 32 with a -$16,941,810 cap deficit.
Even after cutting Leno, they would still be minus $10729, 810.

OK, give Pace credit for the Fields deal (although it wouldn't have happened if he had hit on Trubisky). But blame Pace for incompetence and mismanagement putting the team in cap space Hell.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Like game 1.

I don't want that to happen, but I think it might too.

Maybe not game 1, but by midseason I'm almost positive.

It will be really really clear by next weekend that Fields is the best qb on our roster(Rookie Minicamp)

msadows

Liked Posts:

OK, give Pace credit for the Fields deal (although it wouldn't have happened if he had hit on Trubisky). But blame Pace for incompetence and mismanagement putting the team in cap space Hell.

The majority of the NFL is in cap space hell.

Thats what happens when you expected 20m more in cap space before an unplanned pandemic. This team was always built for that 4 year mitch window. It failed, this is the rebuild. Seems like it might be a mini rebuild, however. Mack/Hicks should still be effective when fields is balling out.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I don't want that to happen, but I think it might too.

Maybe not game 1, but by midseason I'm almost positive.

It will be really really clear by next weekend that Fields is the best qb on our roster(Rookie Minicamp)

I think he'll be ready and will be the clear better QB in camp.

AktionJackson

Liked Posts:

The Dr Phil Tape Never Lies guy likes TJ on the left side. Don‘t know if this has been posted yet.

msadows

Liked Posts:

The Dr Phil Tape Never Lies guy likes TJ on the left side. Don‘t know if this has been posted yet.

Fairly certain Pace/Nagy drafted him with plans to put him on the left side.....I just didn't expect it this year.

Fully thought leno would be here. I'm happy he's gone. One less weak ass fuck on this roster who plays linemen. Tired of this stupid ass "finesse" shit we prioritized at the oline position for a few years now. You want massive beefcake who can move guys at the position.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was either him or Hicks. Looks like Hicks will be back now.

If it was truly between those two, I am so happy they made this decision. I don't see how our defense could lose Fuller and Hicks and not drop 7-10 spots. Leno....thanks for the years. Enjoy your little one and best of luck!

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Honestly, Hicks' best days are likely behind him. I don't expect him to be the game changer he had been years ago.
I don't think he is the same game changer, but do think he is still likely better than anyone they'd replace him with. I'll be happy to see what the front 7 can do this season if healthy

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
JAMARCUS WEBB ?

When I said anyone would be an upgrade I meant literally anyone.

I challenge anyone to re-watch the all-22 from this past season focusing solely on Leno every play. When you're finished come back here and explain to us all why he deserves a roster spot. I'll wait...

Anyone defending Leno's candy ass as being "good enough" needs their fucking head examined. Also, anyone subscribing to this "good enough" mentality is a fucking loser. GTFO. Seriously, I hate you people.

Let's be real. Leno is not an NFL caliber player at this point and a complete was of a roster spot. He's soft, plays softer, repeatedly makes mental mistakes, and has made zero effort into improving his body or game since signing his extension in 2017 (unlike James Daniels who actually put in the work to improve himself and his game before sadly getting hurt this past season)..

Seriously, how many times do people need to watch Leno get clowned by a DB or whiff doing his patented walrus technique and single-handedly blow up plays before it sinks in that "good enough" isn't good enough?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Honestly, Hicks' best days are likely behind him. I don't expect him to be the game changer he had been years ago.
True but he can still play. It's going to be on Robert Quinn this year. If he can be blocked relatively easily by just one guy then the D line only gets better via Goldman coming back. We need Quinn to command the respect of the offense or the defense will just be "pretty good."

dennehy

Liked Posts:

Spotrac has the Bears at -$850k before the Leno cut for the top 51, which is the number they use to define cap space.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I don't think he is the same game changer, but do think he is still likely better than anyone they'd replace him with. I'll be happy to see what the front 7 can do this season if healthy
Hicks needs to play far fewer snaps than he's played in the past. He will be way more effective playing 50% of snaps than 75% or more, which is what he's been playing since he got here when healthy.

PFTCB

Liked Posts:
Hicks needs to play far fewer snaps than he's played in the past. He will be way more effective playing 50% of snaps than 75% or more, which is what he's been playing since he got here when healthy.

Love this point, combined with the fact that defense spent an above average amount of time on the field last season(their last game TOP was 21 mins...lol)

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think you're reading the numbers wrong. Only top 51 players count against the cap. Before the Leno cut, the Bears were an estimated -850K.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I dont care if they put Betty White at LT as long as i dont have to see another fucking year of positive plays getting called back because hes holding or watch him pushing off the defensive end that just got by him to crush the qb. Good Riddance

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears should have 8 million in space now.

I would still approach Graham and Hicks about adding a void year to their deals.

9 million is too much for an insurance policy behind your highly touted 2nd round pick.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
With Leno gone, it is much easier seeing that 20% zone going away, and having 80-20.

Is Whitehair the 20% zone? The ND boys seem to be power, Daniels can be either, the picks from the last 2 drafts (4 total) seem to be power, Idefi seems to be power.

Not quite. I am saying the run calls were typically 80% Zone calls vs 20% gap calls under Fox. The KC offense is closer to 60% zone calls and 40% gap calls. So zone is still the majority but you run pretty much double the gap/power plays.

See above for the percentage under Fox. I can't find the article that highlights the percentages in the KC offense.