Cowboys pass on fifth year option Leighton Vander Esch

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Dude is a phenomenal LB that can't stay healthy Esch & Roquan Smith would be a deadly duo in 2022 if he stays healthy.

Last edited:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
dude will play on 1 and 2 year deals until he retires in 3 or 4 years due to overwhelming bodily degradation.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He has a degenerative condition in his neck. That typically doesn't mean he'll be healthier in the 2nd contract.

I didn't realize it was that bad, poor dude.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Yeah, he has a short shelf life. And the Cowboys drafted 3 LBs this draft, plus signed Keanu Neal and moving him there. I wouldn't be surprised if they cut him or see if anyone wants to give up a 7th to gamble on his health.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I didn't realize it was that bad, poor dude.
It's called cervical spinal stenosis.

He was diagnosed with it before he was drafted, so it's not a new thing. Cowboys took a flyer hoping he'd be good for 7+ years before it acted up. Last offseason he had successful surgery trying to create more space between his vertebra.

He was happy with how things went, but broke his collar bone in the 2020 season.

When the Cowboys drafted him they were hoping an easy transition for when Sean Lee retires. The problem is that they replaces Sean Lee with...... another Sean Lee.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Yeah, he has a short shelf life. And the Cowboys drafted 3 LBs this draft, plus signed Keanu Neal and moving him there. I wouldn't be surprised if they cut him or see if anyone wants to give up a 7th to gamble on his health.
That confuses the hell out of me. With this being a passing league teams are putting a premium on DL and DBs. Cowboys appear to want more LBs so they can act as additional coaches when they move to a nickel package???

Anyway, they have one of the leagues worst defenses for a reason.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
It's called cervical spinal stenosis.

He was diagnosed with it before he was drafted, so it's not a new thing. Cowboys took a flyer hoping he'd be good for 7+ years before it acted up. Last offseason he had successful surgery trying to create more space between his vertebra.

He was happy with how things went, but broke his collar bone in the 2020 season.

When the Cowboys drafted him they were hoping an easy transition for when Sean Lee retires. The problem is that they replaces Sean Lee with...... another Sean Lee.
I have cervical stenosis and got a 4 level fusion to alleviate the issues. It’s a game changer. Cant eat pussy the same any more.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
That confuses the hell out of me. With this being a passing league teams are putting a premium on DL and DBs. Cowboys appear to want more LBs so they can act as additional coaches when they move to a nickel package???

Anyway, they have one of the leagues worst defenses for a reason.
It isn’t that confusing. Just remember Jerry Jones makes the picks. He has held that team back forever. His only really good decision was hiring Jimmy Johnson, and he offset that by firing him. 25 years of mediocrity since.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I have cervical stenosis and got a 4 level fusion to alleviate the issues. It’s a game changer. Cant eat pussy the same any more.

I too have this.
Everything is fine after 4 surgeries. The doc said only one stipulation.... "Don't try to play in the NFL"

I still eat pussy just fine though.