Why is Nagy on the “Hot seat”??

mbison

Liked Posts:
What evidence do we have that he's any good? His winning percentage, for the most part, is due the the efforts of an outstanding defense + a QB that he ran out of town.

I think enough evidence to the contrary has already been provided in some of the responses. However: If early next season the offense looks as inept, unprepared and toothless as it did the past few, will he be on the hot seat then?

If it's clear that his system and play calling are on their way to ruining another young QB, will we THEN be allowed to hold the "head coach in training" accountable?

He's on the hot seat because he has proven none of the things he was brought here to do.
I already provided you with the evidence that he’s doing a decent job. His record. Regardless of how he wins he is the head coach. Everything starts and stops with his final decisions.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
you cannot modernize an NFL offense without a QB. the QB position IS the modern offense.

He picked or at least preferred a few of those QBs (Foles, Daniel) and the one that we say stank the most is responsible for most of Nagy's wins.

I'm not one of those guys that believes a coach has to have the league MVP behind center before you can judge his ability. The offense shouldn't look like a trash bag with a hole in it.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
He picked or at least preferred a few of those QBs (Foles, Daniel) and the one that we say stank the most is responsible for most of Nagy's wins.

I'm not one of those guys that believes a coach has to have the league MVP behind center before you can judge his ability. The offense shouldn't look like a trash bag with a hole in it.
daniel was a back up... and was always intended to be a back up in chicago the same as he’s been everywhere else

and sure you can count Foles against Nagy, but you better be counting both Mahomes and Fields FOR nagy. he was all in on both of those QBs.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
I already provided you with the evidence that he’s doing a decent job. His record. Regardless of how he wins he is the head coach. Everything starts and stops with his final decisions.

Right. Simply put: His personnel decisions, game day management, play calling and player development are all below average so far.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
He road the coat tails of Vic Fangio. His offense has been shit since late 2018, he’s 16-16 since.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
daniel was a back up... and was always intended to be a back up in chicago the same as he’s been everywhere else

and sure you can count Foles against Nagy, but you better be counting both Mahomes and Fields FOR nagy. he was all in on both of those QBs.
He wasn't all that great calling plays for PM (as some of he former Chiefs players commented after he left) and I can't predict the future on Fields.

Him helping pick Fields is cool and all, and I know we're on this euphoric post draft high, but it means nothing getting JF if Nagy is just gonna Michify the offense.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with Fields behind center, but us still not knowing what his offense is supposed to look like, or its strengths, in year 4 is a HUGE indictment on Nagy.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
He wasn't all that great calling plays for PM (as some of he former Chiefs players commented after he left) and I can't predict the future on Fields.

Him helping pick Fields is cool and all, and I know we're on this euphoric post draft high, but if means nothing getting JF if Nagy is just gonna Michify the offense.
he did not “Mitchify” the offense.

if anybody in the NFL thought mitch was worth a damn he would not be holding coffee for josh allen in buffalo. he sucked, and always did.

and you got a link for his play calling criticisms in KC? i’m legitimately interested in that because i’ve never heard that.

mecha

Liked Posts:
the people arguing that the Bears success during Nagy's tenure was because of the defense are the same people that were grabbing their own pussies at the noticeable downgrade in the defense under Pagano. you have to choose one side, you can't pick both. this is why you're fucking clowns.

Nagy has made some questionable decisions in personnel, playcalling, and is what I would argue to be poor in discipline judging by the amount of players that have been ejected for acting like assholes. a certain reality some of you need to face is that the Chicago Bears under Nagy are lightyears better than under Trestman or obvious interim coach John Fox.

also the fact it's been pointed out that Nagy's on his "5th starting quarterback" shows how fucking ignorant you are on the subject. it was literally Trubisky, an overdrafted player, and a bunch of scrubs and has beens. and Dalton hasn't played a snap yet, I'm uncertain as to how he counts in the total just yet.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
the people arguing that the Bears success during Nagy's tenure was because of the defense are the same people that were grabbing their own pussies at the noticeable downgrade in the defense under Pagano. you have to choose one side, you can't pick both. this is why you're fucking clowns.

Nagy has made some questionable decisions in personnel, playcalling, and is what I would argue to be poor in discipline judging by the amount of players that have been ejected for acting like assholes. a certain reality some of you need to face is that the Chicago Bears under Nagy are lightyears better than under Trestman or obvious interim coach John Fox.

also the fact it's been pointed out that Nagy's on his "5th starting quarterback" shows how fucking ignorant you are on the subject. it was literally Trubisky, an overdrafted player, and a bunch of scrubs and has beens. and Dalton hasn't played a snap yet, I'm uncertain as to how he counts in the total just yet.
Success = 2018 before Pagano
8-8 is not success

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Anyone with a brain can see the defense carriesd this team, are fucking serious lol?
I think it was football outsiders that showed a historic discrepancy between the offense and defense DVOA.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
he did not “Mitchify” the offense.

if anybody in the NFL thought mitch was worth a damn he would not be holding coffee for josh allen in buffalo. he sucked, and always did.

and you got a link for his play calling criticisms in KC? i’m legitimately interested in that because i’ve never heard that.
I'm saying: if he thinks the same personnel sets, blocking schemes, and playcalling are now gonna be golden because we have a different guy under center then he's really a stubborn moron.

...tried looking for the link re: the criticisms in KC. But if I recall correctly there were a few comments in favor of Bienemy's style v. Nagy's.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Because he's not the innovative offensive mind the Bears hired him to be, and his teams could have very easily missed the playoffs each of the last two seasons had it not been for the random 7th playoff seed last year.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
He handed the keys to his offense to Bill freaking Lazor and watched them score more than they ever had under Nagy. Yes against bad defenses, but it's not like Nagy never faced a bad defenses.

Make all the excuses you want, but Bill freaking Lazor scored more than Nagy ever has.