Post Draft Mock Offseason

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
again, you cannot simply sum up Hicks’ value by looking at his stat sheet.

he plays with energy and passion that raises the intensity of the entire defensive line. this is what i mean by categorically false. unless somebody else brings the intensity Hicks plays with he can truly be replaced.

Yeah he was so high energy that he had dumb penalties in critical situations. He had 8 penalties and the next highest guy on the DL was 2. He is simply not the same player. I get your point and it was true of Hicks a few years ago. He is simply not that guy anymore IMO.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

Yeah he was so high energy that he had dumb penalties in critical situations. He had 8 penalties and the next highest guy on the DL was 2. He is simply not the same player. I get your point and it was true of Hicks a few years ago. He is simply not that guy anymore IMO.
we have a difference of opinion but more importantly agree that his money could be better spent on the offense so it’s rather insignificant in the end.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cool.

Are we just assuming that it wouldn’t get better?

No it could get better. But then it can get better for Mustipher, Bars and Borom as well. The issue is Daniels is in his last year and I have more confidence it gets better for one of those 3 guys than I do for just Daniels. I also would as I said continue to draft OL so there will be more OG coming next year as well.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Like this except for cutting Hicks - but you've left enough cap in your mock for the Bears to comfortably keep him. Dont think Fisher is ready by August, but perhaps getting him later in the year is part of the "buying low" aspect where the Bears find value on a guy they otherwise wouldnt have.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Like this except for cutting Hicks - but you've left enough cap in your mock for the Bears to comfortably keep him. Dont think Fisher is ready by August, but perhaps getting him later in the year is part of the "buying low" aspect where the Bears find value on a guy they otherwise wouldnt have.

Yeah I was thinking August more in terms of having a better medical update as to where he is not that he would be ready to return. Although may be a moot point if Colts like what they see in him.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do think we Drafted Borom, in case someone like Daniels becomes to rich to sign with whatever cap number we have in 2022 offseason. But the one thing I would think is, if we are going for a new look Bears Oline, does Daniels meet the nasty need for it? If not trading is not a horrible option, but I'd rather keep him and see how contract pay out. Might still end up with a comp pick. But a guy only 24 next offseason, I hate to just let someone that young walk. He's young than some of the rookies in THIS draft still.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Crap, never thought I’d see the day me and anytime agreed on qbs and me and remy agreed on an arob extension

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I do think we Drafted Borom, in case someone like Daniels becomes to rich to sign with whatever cap number we have in 2022 offseason. But the one thing I would think is, if we are going for a new look Bears Oline, does Daniels meet the nasty need for it? If not trading is not a horrible option, but I'd rather keep him and see how contract pay out. Might still end up with a comp pick. But a guy only 24 next offseason, I hate to just let someone that young walk. He's young than some of the rookies in THIS draft still.

Daniels is not particularly big as anywhere from 295 to 305. Part of the reason I don't really like him on the right side assuming Whitehair moves to LG.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The lack of love for Daniels is disheartening. There is nothing to suggest that he wouldn’t have been great if he hadn’t gotten hurt.

@HawkBear can you believe this shit?
I agree. All these haters are so shortsighted. Daniels was literally the only bright spot on the OL early on. If he comes back healthy, he will be the Bears best interior OL. Mark my words

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I agree. All these haters are so shortsighted. Daniels was literally the only bright spot on the OL early on. If he comes back healthy, he will be the Bears best interior OL. Mark my words

I believe Cody was the highest rated LG when he moved. I believe that was PFF, so not perfect rating, but Cody was extremely good. Now Daniels will have to move to RG in all likelihood. Can he be better at RG than Cody at LG? That would be awesome if so

greg23

Liked Posts:
In a perfect world....daniels would have run with the center position......

Just doesn't seem to be able to handle the vocal/leadership part of that position and getting the calls right.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
As far as I’m concerned the 2022 offseason began the instant the Bears moved up and took Justin Fields. Any move they make from now on has to be with that in mind. Not saying the Bears should do nothing to improve the 2021 team, but this whole thing has changed from a competitive window standpoint.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Daniels is somebody I think the Bears need to keep at least until next year. There's more and more risk with this offensive line with every piece that's getting changed or moved to a different position.

That's something the Bears need to absolutely be limiting this year for Fields who is likely to get out there at some point. I would still be interested in Hurst though at the right price