WR Room - Speed over Size?

ROKBearGuy

Liked Posts:
It really seems the Bears are signing guys with more speed in mind. I'm good with it as long as they can play. I don't believe it bodes well for the holdovers from last year, Wims, Miller and Ridley, in particular. I had my doubts any would stick anyway, given some of the idiocy from last year.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ginn, Gabriel, Hall, Kevin White, etc... They've always wanted an offense with speed guys, they just finally think they have a QB that can hit them in stride.

greg23

Liked Posts:
If Wims is cut they don't have anyone who can play X other than AR.

That could be an issue if AR gets hurt.

I'd argue wims Ridley and Miller can't play x-y-z or a-b-c

Bye bye

Varking

Enigma
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Toronto FC
  1. Minnesota Timberwolves
  1. Carolina Panthers
  1. Colorado Avalanche
  1. Florida Gators
If Wims is cut they don't have anyone who can play X other than AR.

That could be an issue if AR gets hurt.
If AR gets injured its going to be an issue regardless. He is a stud.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Love the focus on speed. I just wish it came from the guys that are going to get the most snaps. The more the merrier.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
If having any semblance of blocking on the perimeter is totally unimportant, I'd agree.
I miss bmarsh manhandling dbs blocking. That was nice. Robinson is too finesse for a big guy. I know he is still really good

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I prefer my wr can

A) catch
B) run

That eliminates wims pretty quickly
I prefer more than one to be larger than 5'10 185.

Also they all play different positions, they aren't just interchangeable.

Finally I'd like to at least maintain the illusion of a threat to run outside with a #6 WR.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I don't get the fascination with wims, he offers nothing

Miller....is a fking head case....don't want him around our rookie qb killing his growth

Ridley is an unknown , but if he couldn't see the field the last 2 year with these clowns ahead of him...I don't see much hope.

Believe me, we won't miss any of these guys when they're gone.

And I'll prefer my run blocking be ol and te vs wr....esp when the olay caller is always liable to call 7 running plays in any game

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Not about Wims, it's about diversity of skill set.

When you're the 10th pass catcher, and you have almost no other pass catchers who can block competently or are larger than 185 lbs, it make sense to have that #10 guy be able to do something that the others can't.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
It really seems the Bears are signing guys with more speed in mind. I'm good with it as long as they can play. I don't believe it bodes well for the holdovers from last year, Wims, Miller and Ridley, in particular. I had my doubts any would stick anyway, given some of the idiocy from last year.

Well the best WR on the team, ARob, isnt exactly a burner. However, I feel the need, the need for speed, is a thing.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Not about Wims, it's about diversity of skill set.

When you're the 10th pass catcher, and you have almost no other pass catchers who can block competently or are larger than 185 lbs, it make sense to have that #10 guy be able to do something that the others can't.
Plus he's only one of 10 to drop the gloves and throw down when needed.

#value

The guy is horseshit and who fking cares if he can block...plus.....hey opposing team, the wr who can't catch is in the game; you'll never guess what play is coming!

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Wins was leaps and bounds our best blocking wr which is why he was getting snaps. I know it doesn’t mean much for a wr but he holds value. Going to be a tough battle at WR this off season, but i still think they let Miller go for a 6/7th if anyone bites

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wins was leaps and bounds our best blocking wr which is why he was getting snaps. I know it doesn’t mean much for a wr but he holds value. Going to be a tough battle at WR this off season, but i still think they let Miller go for a 6/7th if anyone bites
But that drop tho

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Plus he's only one of 10 to drop the gloves and throw down when needed.

#value

The guy is horseshit and who fking cares if he can block...plus.....hey opposing team, the wr who can't catch is in the game; you'll never guess what play is coming!
You're right, I forgot that only one WR goes into a pattern on a pass play.

Miller also horseshit, Ridley horseshit, and you will be saying the same thing about Goodwin and probably Byrd and Newsome too if they make the team.

You're not going to have 6 stud receivers on the team.

I think you and Nagy might be the only two people who think WR blocking isn't important.

greg23

Liked Posts:
You're right, I forgot that only one WR goes into a pattern on a pass play.

Miller also horseshit, Ridley horseshit, and you will be saying the same thing about Goodwin and probably Byrd and Newsome too if they make the team.

You're not going to have 6 stud receivers on the team.

I think you and Nagy might be the only two people who think WR blocking isn't important.
49-485
6-48
4-39
Total 59-570
Under 10 ypc
2 fumbles
2 ejections

speed opens everything up....goodwin/mooney/Byrd have it...those three clowns dont.

Nobody will miss them