Illini BB

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Illinois needs to match his salary. Antigua has been a great recruiter and assistant coach. Would be nice to keep him in Champaign.
Rumors are that Kentucky is trying to hire both Antigua and Coleman, which is some dirty shit.

Also read that Illinois offered to make Antigua the highest paid assistant in the country,

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rumors are that Kentucky is trying to hire both Antigua and Coleman, which is some dirty shit.

Also read that Illinois offered to make Antigua the highest paid assistant in the country,
I heard about Chin too. I really want to keep Antigua. Chin has been really good as well but for him it would be a nice career promotion. Antigua has already been at Kentucky and I think for him at this point, only the money would be important to him or getting a HC gig.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so Ayo, Trent, Damonte, Miller, Giorgi, and possibly Kofi are gone. Damn...the Illini are going to pretty much have an all new team next year. I really hope Kofi comes back but I think he's gone as well. If UW gets this team to top 3 in the B1G, I'd be impressed.
Should have hired Pitino to finish the job. Told ya.

Underwood offense is archaic, with pathetic shades of Bill self end around handoffs. He is a terrorist style Bob Knight coach, fat little white man that gets off screaming in the face of black studs. That era has passed yet Champagne idley watches it.

He only has himself to blame as they suck schematically on both ends and never play anywhere near their top 5 talent level.

I have never seen in 35 years watching March madness, a team with 2 seven footers (one of whom is 300 lbs) actually struggle to get defensive rebounds.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Should have hired Pitino to finish the job. Told ya.

Underwood offense is archaic, with pathetic shades of Bill self end around handoffs. He is a terrorist style Bob Knight coach, fat little white man that gets off screaming in the face of black studs. That era has passed yet Champagne idley watches it.

He only has himself to blame as they suck schematically on both ends and never play anywhere near their top 5 talent level.

I have never seen in 35 years watching March madness, a team with 2 seven footers (one of whom is 300 lbs) actually struggle to get defensive rebounds.
Illinois never played up to their talent? They were a #1 seed based on how they played.

Two 7 footers? Who's the other one? They have one and a 6'9" guy.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Illinois never played up to their talent? They were a #1 seed based on how they played.

Two 7 footers? Who's the other one? They have one and a 6'9" guy.
I was told Kofi was 6'11 and 450 lbs.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Well thats comforting because he boxes out like a ten year old girl.
Giorgi also left the program two weeks ago or more, and they got a transfer front line player from Florida three weeks ago or more.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Giorgi also left the program two weeks ago or more, and they got a transfer front line player from Florida three weeks ago or more.

Its amazing how much has changed since the tournament ended. Completely different program. Fuck Coach Cal

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Chester Frazier hired as assistant coach.

I am a fan of his from a motivation, toughness, and drive perspective. Given his background he's probably the kind of guy that is well respected among urban families as well.

That said I really hope the next guy is a proven recruiter.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Chester Frazier hired as assistant coach.

I am a fan of his from a motivation, toughness, and drive perspective. Given his background he's probably the kind of guy that is well respected among urban families as well.

That said I really hope the next guy is a proven recruiter.
Chester is a proven recruiter. Very solid hire.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Chester is a proven recruiter. Very solid hire.
I don't think he's ever been on a staff (not even as lead recruiter, but on a staff) that has signed a consensus top 75 player.

Of course part of that is out of his control, but he will need to do that at UI to be successful as a recruiter.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I shouldn't even repeat this, but....
Chin Coleman, who was paid to recruit to Illinois, apparently recruited only to himself. TyTy Washington has committed to Kentucky.

Fuck Chin.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Kofi is leaving.