Tom Wilson

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ahh...the kind of Olde Tyme Hockey that screams, "PISS ON EDDIE SHORE!"

Not as good as the quintessential Punch-up in Piešťany...but a damn good row!

Granada

Liked Posts:
That was pretty hilarious last night. You have to give props to New York here; makes you wonder how the Hawks would handle a situation like this. Maybe Murphy or hopefully Zadorov would go after Wilson, but there's no way you would have had practically the whole team fighting fighting like the Rangers did. Honestly, I didn't have a problem with it. Rangers sent a message to the league and took matters into their own hands. Wilson left the game with an upper-body injury to boot. Huge loss for a team that's already dealing with injuries. Just a crazy game, and Oshie getting the hat-trick after his father's passing on top of it.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That was pretty hilarious last night. You have to give props to New York here; makes you wonder how the Hawks would handle a situation like this. Maybe Murphy or hopefully Zadorov would go after Wilson, but there's no way you would have had practically the whole team fighting fighting like the Rangers did. Honestly, I didn't have a problem with it. Rangers sent a message to the league and took matters into their own hands. Wilson left the game with an upper-body injury to boot. Huge loss for a team that's already dealing with injuries. Just a crazy game, and Oshie getting the hat-trick after his father's passing on top of it.
Honestly...I think Debrincat might have gone after Wilson...especially since the last time Zadorov and Murphy threw down they fought worse than Alex Semin. The kid has a lot of snarl in a pint-sized package.

Granted, I don't think he would have fared well...but still.

The only other thing I could see would have been Keith trying to swashbuckle someone. But the rest? Maybe they skate around the ice doing a striptease?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
From what I saw. NY went after them but still got their ass handed to them most of the time.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Hockey needs fighting

Granada

Liked Posts:
Honestly...I think Debrincat might have gone after Wilson...especially since the last time Zadorov and Murphy threw down they fought worse than Alex Semin. The kid has a lot of snarl in a pint-sized package.

Granted, I don't think he would have fared well...but still.

The only other thing I could see would have been Keith trying to swashbuckle someone. But the rest? Maybe they skate around the ice doing a striptease?

Agreed, the Cat would have dropped the gloves with someone -- maybe not Wilson, but someone. I think Debrincat is a letter-wearer (A) in the near future; at least, I hope he is, he deserves it. Kid doesn't back down, can back it up with his play, and just seems like a natural leader.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Lead story on ESPN so really how much does this bother the league. This is not over at some point next year Wilson goes through the neutral zone with head down and they will take there shot. I dont like talking about what the hawks would do because I dont think they do anything. Remember Kane going nuts when Ekblad stuck out his leg no even talked to him.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed, the Cat would have dropped the gloves with someone -- maybe not Wilson, but someone. I think Debrincat is a letter-wearer (A) in the near future; at least, I hope he is, he deserves it. Kid doesn't back down, can back it up with his play, and just seems like a natural leader.

Hagel isn't afraid to drop them

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What kind of BEAST would D-Cat be if he was just a bit bigger? If he was just 5'11" 190lbs(Bobby Hull size) he might dominate the league in a few different ways......how many more goals would we see if he was with Kaner all year?
NO SIR,he doesn't back down but he does back-check and he back-checks as well or better than any forward on the team nowadays and he also blocks shots as a very effective penalty killer........shorties not withstanding.
Not many players display this combination of offense AND defense and IMO Alex DeBrincat is quickly becoming one of the game's best all-around players.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lead story on ESPN so really how much does this bother the league. This is not over at some point next year Wilson goes through the neutral zone with head down and they will take there shot. I dont like talking about what the hawks would do because I dont think they do anything. Remember Kane going nuts when Ekblad stuck out his leg no even talked to him.
But if you notice,Dunks did the same exact thing to Barkov the very next game.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hagel isn't afraid to drop them
His toughness is a breath of fresh fucking air on this team and he gave the bigger Laine a rough go earlier in the year but we both know that Laine's no Wilson.
The SAD,SAD fact is, 90% of the team is more than willing to let the small-framed Haagel settle his own hash and their's too......SAD!

Last edited:

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Makes me shudder to think of it! Seems like everybody on the Caps is either big or wants to hit/fight or all of the three and you know they woulda took full advantage if the Hawks had to face em this year........GOOD THING!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
That's more about ESPN trying to hype their new relationship than caring what the league thinks. They need to take advantage of every supposed NHL story they can right not to remind folks they are back in the game. And it doesn't hurt that this was NY and Wash. If this was AZ and Winnipeg I doubt it's the headline story. Front page for sure, but not a big leading story with reporters all over it.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Parros as Head of Player Safety jumped out at me even before I read your comment. What a joke.
What happened to Shanahan?
Edit: Not that Shanny was that great or anything. But he wasn't a goon.

Parros did go to Princeton though.

Bust

Liked Posts:
This dude should have waited til Wilson was gassed at the end of his shift stead of going after him from the get go. He got rekt!

Last edited: