I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Washington could be trading Beal this offseason. What do you think it would take for the bulls to pull that trade off to bring Beal in to play with Lavine and Vuc?

obviously, if the bulls were to get into the top 4 of the draft this season, that would help the potential asset pool they could offer Washington.

would a sign and trade of Lauri along with coby and aminu(to make salaries match) with a top 4 pick in this draft and a future 1st rounder get it done?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Washington could be trading Beal this offseason. What do you think it would take for the bulls to pull that trade off to bring Beal in to play with Lavine and Vuc?

obviously, if the bulls were to get into the top 4 of the draft this season, that would help the potential asset pool they could offer Washington.

would a sign and trade of Lauri along with coby and aminu(to make salaries match) with a top 4 pick in this draft and a future 1st rounder get it done?
My only issue with this idea is that Beal and Lavine basically overlap and neither is a good enough PG to really make the pairing work

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
My only issue with this idea is that Beal and Lavine basically overlap and neither is a good enough PG to really make the pairing work
That’s been my thinking as well...but seeing guys like harden, Kyrie, and Durant co exist...I’ve become more open to the idea. Beal and lavine always seem to put on a show when they play against each other, sort of seem to bring the best out of one another...maybe they would enjoy playing together.

im thinking with a traditional PG out there with them, you could play some small ball like most teams are already. A PG, Beal, lavine, Pwill, and Vuc for a starting 5 could be really good

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
According to Kwame Brown he was supposed to be traded to Chicago for Elton Brand. I guess Kwame would know? Ive never heard that ever and thought Tyson Chandler was always the target?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
According to Kwame Brown he was supposed to be traded to Chicago for Elton Brand. I guess Kwame would know? Ive never heard that ever and thought Tyson Chandler was always the target?
I had never heard that either. I don't even recall any real interest from Krause on Kwame.

I had always heard Krause's goal was to secure Eddy Curry, and have him be the #4 with the Bulls own pick. The rumor at the time (as I don't believe any of this was ever confirmed by anyone in the FO) was that the Clippers were going to take Curry, so Krause dangled Elton Brand and the Clips easily took it. Krause told the Clippers to take Chandler, and Memphis was always trading with Atlanta and taking Gasol, so Krause had Curry at #4.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well I'm glad that never happened lol

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
For the Bulls to make the playoffs next year I would love them to build the team something like this:

Starters:
PG: ???
SG: Lavine
SF: ???
PF: ???
C: Vucevic

Bench:
SG: White
SF: Williams
PF: Young
C: Theis

3rd stringers:
PG: Arcidiacono
SG: Green
SF: Brown Jr. / Temple
C: ???

That´s a lot of key ??? to fill though...

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For the Bulls to make the playoffs next year I would love them to build the team something like this:

Starters:
SG: Lavine
SF: ???
C: Vucevic

Bench:
SG: White
SF: Williams
PF: Young
C: Theis

3rd stringers:
PG: Arcidiacono
SG: Green
SF: Brown Jr. / Temple
C: ???

That´s a lot of key ??? to fill though...
I think realistically we can expect PWill to be our starting SF for the future. FO seems invested in him and I do think he'll be a staple of this team for the next few years. Hopefully he will grow into the stud that the org thinks he'll be. Remember, he was only 19 this season.

PG class isn't great, but we could do something like bringing back Sato and signing Jeremy Lin as a solid stop gap option. Honestly, PF class isn't that great either since Collins likely isn't leaving ATL. Would be hilarious if we signed Bobby Portis back.

All that to say, don't expect to see all the holes filled this offseason, but we can get decent pieces to tide us over til we can get better players.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
i think a lot will depend on how the lottery pans out...i know they only have a 26% chance to get into the top 4 and like 4-5% of getting the 1st pick...cunningham would be awesome as he would fill that floor general role the bulls clearly need...white is imo a 6th man guy...let him be the 6th man and do what he does best. If they dont get the top pick but still get into the top 4, i would love to see suggs...if they dont get into the top 4, i think the bulls look hard at schroder as a vet pg...i would love to see them make a run at beal but they dont have any enticing assets unless the wiz are interested in lauri...or white

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Only on 2 attempts per game (any real shooter is shooting 5+) and is open-to-wide open on those. With more volume and tighter pressure i bet he'd be back down to the lower-to-mid 30's.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I’d be down with Bobby. Infinitely more then Lauri.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Bobby is a bench player. Nothing more. Signing him in FA would be such a Gar/Pax move...we’ve moved on from Gar/Pax. AKME is going to be a lot smarter than that

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Bobby is a bench player. Nothing more. Signing him in FA would be such a Gar/Pax move...we’ve moved on from Gar/Pax. AKME is going to be a lot smarter than that
Probably. But Bobby would have helped the Bulls this year more than Lauri

Bud1234

Liked Posts:
Portis would be a good bench player. He is strong, physical, Tough mined, hard nose player.

He is tougher than any Bulls player that was on the team last year by a long shot, Theis would be the only one close.

I think when all is said and done, there will only be 7 (+/- 1) guys from last season roster on the team at the start of next year

Bud1234

Liked Posts:
I don't think Vucevic, LaVine, Williams or White go anywhere unless Bulls get a very large return.

Others are questions

Daniel Theis - will he be back or will somebody overpay and price the Bulls out
Markkanen - What can they get in return - Don't think he is a fit anymore - defense not good enough
Felicio - poster child for the GarPax era
Arcidacono - good 13 14 guy on bench if price is right
Amini - find someone who wants his expiring contract
Satoransky - average tweener - not really a pg,2g sf - cost is high for return - another GarPax deal
Denzel - if he played lock down defense
Troy Brown Jr - liked effort
Javonte Green - liked effort
Thaddeus - Great Teamate/Locker room guy/Mentor - pricey at $14M next year
Temple - FA, do you bring him back - maybe if price is right
Simonovic - Does he come over to US next season?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Bulls should really consider making a run at Mike Conley this offseason. As long as it’s like a 2 year deal. Nothing long term committed