1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Joc is red hot. 2 HR’s tonight.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Need an insurance run.

Listening to Marquee in the top of the 8th (just got the game turned on) and all I can hear is kids whooping. da fuq is going on

Bust

Liked Posts:
and the Cards are losing...

Told ya boys a month ago, Cubs will become $$BUYERS$$ at the deadline!!

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rough start. But nice to see Jake Settle down. Thankfully joc came through

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I'm split on this.

Win can take the lead.

Get blown up. Williams out and S. Miller promoted into rotation.

They have been starting him and he has a 1.94 ERA there. Cubs are going to have to promote or let him walk very soon. He is well past his 10 day injury. 3 rehab starts past.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
LOL FU Sox....11 LOB and some guy doubled his HR total on the year

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Cubs Place Nico Hoerner On IL, Designate Shelby Miller
May 26th, 2021 at 3:53pm CST • By Connor Byrne
The Cubs have placed infielder/outfielder Nico Hoerner on the 10-day injured list, designated right-hander Shelby Miller for assignment and selected the contract of outfielder Rafael Ortega, Gordon Wittenmyer of NBC Sports Chicago was among those to report.

Hoerner suffered a left hamstring strain earlier this week, forcing the team to place him on the shelf for the second time this month. He missed time earlier with a left forearm strain, but a healthy version of Hoerner has been a standout this season. Even though the 24-year-old hasn’t homered in 84 plate appearances, he has made up for it with a .338/.405/.432 line and a paltry strikeout percentage of 14.3. Hoerner has also seen some time and both middle infield positions and all three outfield spots, though he has primarily lined up at the keystone. The Cubs figure to use a combination of Eric Sogard and David Bote at second while Hoerner’s out.

Miller, 30, is a former star hurler whose career fell off course in 2016 after a trade to Arizona, and he hasn’t been able to get back on track since then. Injuries have been part of the problem along the way, and Miller was on the IL with a back problem before the Cubs designated him. They signed Miller to a minor league contract last winter but have only gotten two disastrous innings of seven-run, seven-hit, five-walk ball from him.

More to come.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Weird thought process up there. Ortega is a career taxi bus guy. Dee kinda made sense as he can play SS and 2B and CF. Brings a bit of speed to the bench.

Miller I really don't get. T. Miller has not pitched and is not even a top 30. Wisdom is a AAA scrub.

So every move has been counter productive. At least bring guys up that have vet status as major league players vs AAA drop outs.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Weird thought process up there. Ortega is a career taxi bus guy. Dee kinda made sense as he can play SS and 2B and CF. Brings a bit of speed to the bench.

Miller I really don't get. T. Miller has not pitched and is not even a top 30. Wisdom is a AAA scrub.

So every move has been counter productive. At least bring guys up that have vet status as major league players vs AAA drop outs.
Yeah, it's like they are pulling at both ends of the rope. Why keep shuffling these guys that are going nowhere back n forth?
If you want to rebuild....then do it. If you want to try and contend in a mediocre division, then bring in some ML players that can do that. I'm not talking about making some blockbuster trade.....just about bringing in a few players that can still play the game. Gordon would be a start....he also might be a decent fit at leadoff.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Yeah, it's like they are pulling at both ends of the rope. Why keep shuffling these guys that are going nowhere back n forth?
If you want to rebuild....then do it. If you want to try and contend in a mediocre division, then bring in some ML players that can do that. I'm not talking about making some blockbuster trade.....just about bringing in a few players that can still play the game. Gordon would be a start....he also might be a decent fit at leadoff.
I would pass on lead off. His OBA is far to low for that. I would bat him 8. When he gets on then have the pitcher bunt him over so he is a RBI at 2B. The SB part is over rated. It is not a run. It has a high chance of being a out.

The best SB's are by guys that take advantage of a pitcher not respecting them. A guy with a rep will become a priority and it works against the runner more than helps the team.

The way I look at Gordon is pitch runner as his OBA is low. But he can be utilized to get a run in a tight game with small ball and SF's. Not thinking that he is on 2B automatic. That will burn ya.

But on Wisdom, Martini and Ortega? They are holding for Duffy, Heyward and Marisnick respectively. Even Gordon-Strange would be sent down when they return.

To be perfectly honest here the only weakness on the team is Heyward. Full strength the Cubs can generate runs in the top 1/3. A true invest met would be Blackmon to RF and eating Heyward's deal. Other than that it would be of little benefit. Gordon-Strange = Heyward in value.

Last edited:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cubs are red hot.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
14-7 in May. All losses by 1 run. I say thats some pretty good ball to watch. Cant wait for the blow up guys when they lose a series again.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
14-7 in May. All losses by 1 run. I say thats some pretty good ball to watch. Cant wait for the blow up guys when they lose a series again.

Na they will come out and say weak sauce Pirates. Got lucky vs birds. Sox smacked them around.

Or some other moronic attempt to piss on the Cubs current run.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Cubs are getting great pitching.

If this continues the Cubs have the means to BUY