legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Someone had Quinn top 10 in 2020. 46 total disruptions? ?

TOP DISRUPTORS IN 2020

Robert Quinn
Chicago Bears · DE
Disruption rate: 15%
Sack rate: 0.7%
Total disruptions: 46
Sacks: 2

Quinn was a top-three disruptor in 2019, which is why the Bears were willing to sign him to a five-year, $70 million deal in 2020. Good news for the Bears: He's still a top-10 disruptor at 31 years old. Quinn has eye-popping speed off the edge, posting an average get-off of 0.8 seconds or less in each of the last five seasons. He finished with the fourth-fastest average time to hurry (any time a player gets within 1.5 yards of a QB from snap to pass) in 2020 at 2.75 seconds. His sack total, however, is not what you'd expect for a player making $14 million per year. Quinn tied for the fewest sacks of any player who has posted a 12 percent or better pressure rate and 300-plus pass rushes in a single season during the Next Gen Stats era (since 2016), meaning his sack total should be higher than it was in 2020. That's what Bears fans hope will happen in 2021. I know it might be a surprise to see Quinn included here, but keep in mind that sacks are not an all-encompassing stat. Quinn was still making a difference even if he wasn't getting home often in 2020.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's very encouraging! Lets hope he can bounce back with the sack totals in 21' now that he is healthy. Imagine if Quinn and Mack could each post double digit sack and a healthy Hicks anchoring the middle. That would be fun to watch.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
The pass defense sucked period. Here’s hoping Desai is the solution and those sack numbers, along with INTs go up this season.
People act like losing Kyle Fuller is a death knell to this defense but I've got a creeping suspicion that Desai has plans to challenge receivers at the LOS while Fuller almost exclusively played off coverage. Not that Fuller isn't a good player for what he does but he may not have been an ideal fit, making the cap savings more attractive.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was close a lot. They had zero inside pressure. The ends were doing their job all year, for the most part. Hicks went MIA after week 5-6. Nichols is not big enough to command double team.. and the bodies they picked up later in the year helped with the run defense but provided zero pass rush inside.

hopefully Tonga can be rotational this year. Blackson too , he’sa big body.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The pass defense sucked period. Here’s hoping Desai is the solution and those sack numbers, along with INTs go up this season.
Soft ass softy mcsoft Pagano is gone. I wish we didn’t have to “hope” Desai took more from Fangio than he did Pagano but that’s where we are at.

Pettine has always ran an aggressive blitz happy scheme and his D’s have been torched plenty because of it but they always get a lot of pressure. Maybe Desai can take what he has learned from Fangio and Pagano (there are times to play soft just not the whole game) and combine that with what he will learn from Pettine and create an aggressive scheme that his own that syncs up exotic blitzes and coverages.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Sometimes these number crunchers and next gen stats go too far. The fact is that he didn't have much impact on games after signing a huge contract. Blamed it on injuries. Convenient.

Until he starts making real impacts on games, the signing remains a bad one. I don't hold out hope of players playing better while getting older and playing on their last big contract.

xvflutop

Liked Posts:
Perhaps they were measuring fans appetites during a game?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
That's very encouraging! Lets hope he can bounce back with the sack totals in 21' now that he is healthy. Imagine if Quinn and Mack could each post double digit sack and a healthy Hicks anchoring the middle. That would be fun to watch.
Yes it would and it sure as hell would help our secondary which is where most of us have the biggest worries for this defense.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Having Quinn healthy is certain key.

Also, don't forget having Goldman back at nose and letting Nichols only have to slide inside on obvious passing downs will help.

Nichols had 5 sacks last year and played out of position, that number could easily increase.

A few more sacks out of Nichols and a healthy season by Quinn and the defense will be good enough.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was close a lot. They had zero inside pressure. The ends were doing their job all year, for the most part. Hicks went MIA after week 5-6. Nichols is not big enough to command double team.. and the bodies they picked up later in the year helped with the run defense but provided zero pass rush inside.

I like the depth inside this year a hell of lot more than last.

Hicks-Goldman-Nichols
Edwards-Blackson/Tonga

Goldman being back is HUGE and sliding Nichols back over to DE is like a bogo. There is depth at NT this year and Edwards played really well last year.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like the depth inside this year a hell of lot more than last.

Hicks-Goldman-Nichols
Edwards-Blackson/Tonga

Goldman being back is HUGE and sliding Nichols back over to DE is like a bogo. There is depth at NT this year and Edwards played really well last year.
As much as I hate Ryan Pace he’s learning from his mistakes having a paper thin roster at least.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As much as I hate Ryan Pace he’s learning from his mistakes having a paper thin roster at least.
I get it but he’s always been pretty good about keeping the front 7 pretty stacked. Last year with Goldman opting out wasn’t foreseeable but not having a legit backup NT has been a problem for awhile now. They liked Nichols there but shouldn’t have relied on it.

Goldman IMO is one of the better NT in the league replacing him in the 3rd wave of FA wasn’t going to happen.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I get it but he’s always been pretty good about keeping the front 7 pretty stacked. Last year with Goldman opting out wasn’t foreseeable but not having a legit backup NT has been a problem for awhile now. They liked Nichols there but shouldn’t have relied on it.

Goldman IMO is one of the better NT in the league replacing him in the 3rd wave of FA wasn’t going to happen.
Well referring to the team as a whole. But yeah the middle of the line was pretty big drop off last year

Nelly

Liked Posts:

I think they asked Nichols to play a position he's not built for in the NFL. Remember when they drafted him they loved how he was versatile, having played more of a gap shooting scheme when needed and then having played more of a 2 gap scheme when needed as well. At Delaware, it's probably a lot easier to play out of your ideal scheme and still have success than the NFL. Nichols was really looking good as a 3-4 end with some great get-off alongside Goldman in the middle, then last year, Nichols gets asked to play the nose since he was the best lineman to put on the field there. He's just not built to occupy blocks and anchor in the middle of the line in the NFL.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pettine has always ran an aggressive blitz happy scheme and his D’s have been torched plenty because of it but they always get a lot of pressure.

Getting Mike Pettine on the coaching staff may have been the most underrated move of this offseason. He came up under Rex Ryan who may be a terrible person, but knows how to get after a QB. I wanted Nagy to hire Pettine in 2018 before Fangio surprised me by sticking around.

Putting together a defense that is some sort of hybrid of the Fangio & Ryan principles should be a far more interesting watch than the last two seasons.

90sBullsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Kansas City Royals
  1. Minnesota Timberwolves
  1. Kansas City Chiefs
  1. Minnesota Wild
  1. Northern Iowa Panthers
When I see a thread titled "Literal Shocking News About Quinn", I expect to see a story about electrocution or being attacked by an eel while swimming in the gulf or something.

kg1187

Liked Posts:
When I see a thread titled "Literal Shocking News About Quinn", I expect to see a story about electrocution or being attacked by an eel while swimming in the gulf or something.

I thought he was doing some sort of electric shock therapy for his injuries.