Nick Foles refused trade back to Eagles from Bears

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Interesting narrative about getting fleeced if the Bears didn’t sign Dalton prior to the draft.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Should have told the Eagles we didn't need compensation and don't pay him if he doesn't show.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Getting Foles off the roster would have been nice. He is a massive waste of resources and a roster spot.

I thought the Jets would make sense, but they seem happy with 0 QBs with NFL passes.
Yeah, that's a disaster waiting to happen in NY. I think Wilson is most likely to bust among the 1st round QBs because he should not be starting right away. At least their roster is improved from what they put Darnold through.

JBSurfer

Liked Posts:
Gotta think he doesn't want to tarnish his image in Philly. He goes back and sucks and it's not quite the same. Kind of like watch Jordan with the wizards.

Of course, he is also looking at getting paid quite well to probably not play at all. Imagine he is number 2 for a few weeks and then third after that. So barring an early injury, probably doesn't have to pay attention to anything this year.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Hmm... I don't think the story is true.

Think about it...

I think it's obvious Foles wants to play.
He would have a far better chance to play for the Eagles (the only team in the NFL that wants him) than the Bears.

It's not really in Foles character to tell the Eagles, "If you trade for me, I'll refuse to show up!"

I just don't buy it.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Does foles have a no trade clause?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Hmm... I don't think the story is true.

Think about it...

I think it's obvious Foles wants to play.
He would have a far better chance to play for the Eagles (the only team in the NFL that wants him) than the Bears.

It's not really in Foles character to tell the Eagles, "If you trade for me, I'll refuse to show up!"

I just don't buy it.
Unless this all went down prior to the draft. Foles may have thought he was looking at Andy Dolt-on and a mid round rookie, not expecting Fields to drop and Pace to move up. Doubt there are many more precarious QB1's going into camp than Drew Dalt. He may have liked his chances at starting or at worst waiting until Daltons week 3 injury.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

According to NFL insider Tyler Dunne, the Chicago Bears were looking to move on from the veteran signal-caller after his none-too-impressive 2020 campaign — and the team had a particular trade partner in mind — but Foles didn’t want to return to the Philadelphia Eagle.
I don't mind Foles staying because that allows for a trade situation, using the same thing written in the article.

Imagine that Fields has taken over the team by week 4 or so. Also imagine that a team has an injury to their starting QB and are looking for a QB that can be a reliable QB for a strong team for a playoff push.

Would they be looking to pickup Foles? Probably not and, if they were, the Bears would probably get nothing for him.

However; depending on how the season is going for the Bears, it might just be a learning year for Fields and Foles as a backup would be sufficient.

Now teams might be willing to part with a 3rd rounder or so for Dalton, if their season depended on an ok QB. Better to lose a 2022 3rd rounder than throw away a playoff run.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
That would make the most sense

-he gets his money
-Bears get his roster spot
-Foles can stick around and be a mentor/coach
-In an emergency they can bring him back
Nice idea, but I don't think that the NFL would allow a player to go on the covid list and then still be around the team as a mentor or anything else.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Yeah, that's a disaster waiting to happen in NY. I think Wilson is most likely to bust among the 1st round QBs because he should not be starting right away. At least their roster is improved from what they put Darnold through.
Here's the thing. Dude clearly has an NFL arm, but I watched a couple games of his and he did not have to throw into the kind of windows he'll see in the NFL.

Maybe he did have to throw into tight windows a few times and I missed it, but after Lance I'd agree that he has the biggest bust potential of the first round QBs

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nice idea, but I don't think that the NFL would allow a player to go on the covid list and then still be around the team as a mentor or anything else.
If he is on IR he can stick around.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
I cant see all three of them dressing every week. One of the two bums won't be around by week 1.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I cant see all three of them dressing every week. One of the two bums won't be around by week 1.
Unless Foles can be traded he will be. He costs us 5 million to cut this season.